Where are they now?

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    But not as you know it
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • <Applauds>

<Smiles>

<Still applauding>
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Every time I see an update to this thread, James Blunt starts randomly singing Wisemen in my mind... Please, let the earworm stop! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Im still around as well. Not as interesting as DDD though....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    rubertoe wrote:
    No matter how many times you say it. :wink:
    Hope you are well.
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I am a great cyclist. My measure of great is different from yours and I will never stop loving it.
    Good for you, glad you're doing a bit better. Great post, certainly cheered me up.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,686
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ... Power Awesome and dominating Balham Hill. ...
    \o/

Good to hear from you.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    one character that hasn't really been seen for a while but has made its presence felt in only the last few days is The Millbank Wall of Wind. She may be in especially good form tonight.
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I am also still alive. In fact there is even more of me than there was before (yes, I got fatter!). I no longer cycle commute as I work from home 3 days a week and the other two days are spent in Maidenhead.

I am currently getting back on the bike as I never really got back to it after the accident but have signed up for the Ditchling Devil this year as motivation. (You coming Veronese? ;))
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ah, yes! I remember the discussion about whether a Maidenhead commute was do-able by bike. I wouldn't fancy that, tbh.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    menthel wrote:
    have signed up for the Ditchling Devil this year as motivation. (You coming Veronese? ;))

Best feed stations ever.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • menthel
    Yep, however I look at it a Maidenhead commute is not really feasible by bike. Its at least 50kn each way on either crappy roads or along the Thames path and I have cycled that from Kingston to Maidenhead and its shoot!

And yep, the Devil feedstations are truly great. Then again, audax does fairly well for feeds, some of the old El Supremo rides from Sussex made it very easy to consume more calories than burned!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    have signed up for the Ditchling Devil this year as motivation. (You coming Veronese? ;))

Best feed stations ever.
    Does that mean you're doing it? Seems like a bloody stupid idea to me, so I'm thinking about it.
  • The final stop last year, with all the cakes you could ever want, yup that was probably the best ever.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Best feed stations ever.
    Does that mean you're doing it? Seems like a bloody stupid idea to me, so I'm thinking about it.

God no.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Best feed stations ever.

Well I have signed up for it. Completing it is another matter! I did 150km last year but then bailed before the Surrey Hills- I ended up with a numb hand and a painful neck, not quite as recovered as I thought I was! ;)
    RIP commute...
  • Going back for more this year. Should be in fine form after doing The Struggle and Etape du Dales in May....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    And what ever did happen to Cleat Eastwood?
    His 'Ask Cleat' advice thread was an amusing read

Cleat's heart was broken when Claire balding got married. He never recovered.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    edited March 2017
    Don't scare him off, but Jeremy Rundle is back, sneaking in under the radar with this thread.
    (Warning: image may offend)

I clicked through the album a bit and saw this
    press%20pass.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • pinno
    dhope wrote:
    Don't scare him off, but Jeremy Rundle is back, sneaking in under the radar with...

So who exactly is this guy? You'll have to elaborate please.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Don't scare him off, but Jeremy Rundle is back, sneaking in under the radar with...

So who exactly is this guy? You'll have to elaborate please.
    Ah, that explains it. Piña, he was a strange chap that doesn't like squirrels. For example.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    cjcp wrote:
    Also, Littigator: didn't he head off Africa?

Gussio's around, but not riding as much.

Are you saying that I look fat?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    TGOTB wrote:
    Gussio - I sold him a lovely custom Cougar lo-pro, which was the first bike I went under the hour on; hope he managed to get it built-up and out on the road.

I certainly did! Beautiful frameset that I built up for the ex-missus. Spot her occasionally riding round the park on it. Miss the bike, but not what's on top of it.

Do you still have the vintage Merckx frame on your kitchen wall?

Greg T still in Richmond AFAIK but haven't bumped into him for an age.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Under a rock, near Manchester. Hello all.
  • pinno
    vermin wrote:
    Under a rock, near Manchester. Hello all.

How come you get a rock to live under?! I live under the M6 flyover. Lucky barsteward.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Gussio wrote:
    I certainly do :-) In a bizarre way, I reckon I get more enjoyment out of it than I would if I built it up and rode it. What if I didn't like the ride?!?

Besides, every kid should grow up in a house with a bicycle on the wall; it creates certain expectations :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    TGOTB wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    I certainly do :-) In a bizarre way, I reckon I get more enjoyment out of it than I would if I built it up and rode it. What if I didn't like the ride?!?

Besides, every kid should grow up in a house with a bicycle on the wall; it creates certain expectations :-)

Pics or it didnt happen, you know the rules :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    itboffin wrote:
    Pics or it didnt happen, you know the rules :wink:
    Here you go:
    2ZjXB3a.jpg
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    cjcp wrote:
    IP doesn't commute anymore - lives out in the boonies, and is significantly faster for it based on his TT times and Strava

Hello! Yep, now live and work in Sussexand have 2 kids. I more cycle commuting (my office is a 5 min walk from home) but ride as much as I can and took up TT'ing last season. Tend to be too busy to post much these days.