1235»

Comments

• emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    mm1 wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    Flecha needs a flippin' haircut

Disco Stu.

Stunning route. Not been to Liguria, will have to try to do something about that now.

Go over and do the Milano San remo Granfondo: Its an awesome experience and you ride on those very roads (but in the opposite direction) :-)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    RichN95 wrote:
    It isn't about what the person who's crashed thinks though is it, but about how their family feel about watching their loved one in that position. You'd like to watch your loved ones suffer pain and possibly dying live on TV?
    I remember hearing Tony McCoy's wife being interviewed and saying that when he crashed (is that the right word in horse racing?) she liked to see what was happening on TV - to get information as soon as possible.

She was also quite cavalier about it, saying something like "I check to see that he's conscious and his feet are moving and then I go about my day because everything else can be fixed". I guess she's seen it all before.

This is exactly how I'd feel - I'd want to know as much as possible as soon as possible - I wouldn't want to be "protected". God forbid someone I love has a serious accident but I'd want to find out as soon as possible - I wouldn't find it worse watching it on TV than I would getting a phone call saying get yourself to the hospital and prepare for the worst.

Above the Cows - yes I would rather see it on TV - like Tony McCoy's wife would - I actually have experience of having information on the death of an immediate family member in a traffic accident withheld from me for 24 hours because I was driving back anyway and they didn't think it was safe to inform me prior to the journey - I have always maintained since that if anything like that ever happens again I want to know everything as soon as it happens.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]