Giro 2015 - Stage 3 **Spoilers**

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Damn. I knew Fabio Fellini would be up there today. Just pipped by the guy I picked yesterday.....
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,867
    Yeah.

Shame my man Pozzovivo is out, especially like that.

I feel some kind of weird bond with him because he's the closest pro to my height and weight.

You can visit him in hospital, here:

http://video.gazzetta.it/giro-pozzovivo ... 017c908e6b

Looks pretty beaten up, but other than that, he's pretty much getting our standard NHS treatment.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Yeah.

I feel some kind of weird bond with him because he's the closest pro to my height and weight.

Looks pretty beaten up, but other than that, he's pretty much getting our standard NHS treatment.

How the fook did a camera man or even some guy with a camera phone just wander around taking video of Pozzi in hospital? Shameless scum.

DD.
  • blazing_saddles
    Yeah.

How the fook did a camera man or even some guy with a camera phone just wander around taking video of Pozzi in hospital? Shameless scum.

DD.

It's an Official Gazzetta video, so presumably the shameless scum would be the RCS, I would guess?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    VR plagiarism MV ;)
  • blazing_saddles
    Joelsim wrote:
    VR plagiarism MV ;)

Touché. 8)
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Yeah.

DD.

It's an Official Gazzetta video, so presumably the shameless scum would be the RCS, I would guess?

Is Pozzi not entitled to a little dignity when he is down and out on a hospital trolley? Whether the camera man works for RCS or is a bottom-feeding pap, he overstepped the mark here as did La Gazzetta for posting up the video, I think.

Rant over. Pozzi is hopefully on the mend. That is all that counts.

DD.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    I assume he okayed it otherwise if wouldn't happen?

Edit: I've not watched it but I've read that he's talking to the camera etc?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I agree with DD.

Gilbert was looking good yesterday, shame he didn't take it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Richie slept well. No word on Kiryienka and Henao.

- Caravan news
    Richie reports an exceptional night's bobos on his custom testo-sprung 4-poster in the 'cocoon', his new Ocean Class RV. 'We can't have our team leader, having turned his life back on the 4X, lost the belly, mixing with the reprobates on our team' - purred an unhinged Dave Brailsford
    'It's a team sport. I'm the leader and that's why it's important that I get special treats from management. How else would I get the respect I'm due.' - yawned Porte
    IMG_9611-150x150.jpeg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    CEylo9sWMAA1i4N.jpg
    Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos Meanwhile, outside Richie's motorhome...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,398
    One wonders why they need a motorhome when Sky live rent free in your head eh Maca..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Henao was or is suffering from a stomach infection according to this article http://www.espn.com.mx/blogs/index?entryID=2370240&name=georgina_ruiz_sandoval.
  • Macaloon
    ddraver wrote:
    One wonders why they need a motorhome when Sky live rent free in your head eh Maca..?

Caravans. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Your boys have finally lost it. They'll chopper-in Boris for some rest day motivation. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    Yeah.

DD.

Yes I assume that had been OKed. Re. the pictures of him on the deck if it were me I wouldn't really care, I had a similar crash aout 18 months ago, knocked out, face first impact, and to be honest I wouldn't have cared if they'd screened it on Eurosport I had other things to worry aout at that moment! It would at least have kept my family informed and if it had happened to say my son I'd rather see the pictures for myself straight away, the bad thingis that he's been injured for me screening it isn't ghoulish or lacking respect it's just showing the reality of the sport, though I realise others disagree.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    Macaloon wrote:
    Richie slept well. No word on Kiryienka and Henao.

Lionel Birnie
    @lionelbirnie Has anyone called Richie Porte's camper van the Portacabin yet?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    Macaloon wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Caravans. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Your boys have finally lost it. They'll chopper-in Boris for some rest day motivation. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

erm....what?!?
    Kevin-Hart-What-GIF.gif
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Pozzo update. Much better than expected:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-di ... -pozzovivo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Last group came in 30mins down. Cheng is here. Formolo finished in the front group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Rick at the start!
    original.jpg
    :lol:

Great photo. He always celebrates well.
    original.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Rick at the start!
    original.jpg
    :lol:

:lol::lol:
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,821
    Always happy for fans to take selfies with me.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Yeah.

DD.

Yes I assume that had been OKed. Re. the pictures of him on the deck if it were me I wouldn't really care, I had a similar crash aout 18 months ago, knocked out, face first impact, and to be honest I wouldn't have cared if they'd screened it on Eurosport I had other things to worry aout at that moment! It would at least have kept my family informed and if it had happened to say my son I'd rather see the pictures for myself straight away, the bad thingis that he's been injured for me screening it isn't ghoulish or lacking respect it's just showing the reality of the sport, though I realise others disagree.

It isn't about what the person who's crashed thinks though is it, but about how their family feel about watching their loved one in that position. You'd like to watch your loved ones suffer pain and possibly dying live on TV?

And do you really need to see long drawn out pictures of someone lying prostrate in a road with blood coming out of their head to know that crashes happen in cycling?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    edited May 2015
    Cheng is here.

Awesome!

Let CHENG watch commence.
  • blazing_saddles
    Yeah.

DD.

It isn't about what the person who's crashed thinks though is it, but about how their family feel about watching their loved one in that position. You'd like to watch your loved ones suffer pain and possibly dying live on TV?

And do you really need to see long drawn out pictures of someone lying prostrate in a road with blood coming out of their head to know that crashes happen in cycling?

Pozzo's dad was interviewed from the hospital over the telephone during Processo alla Tappa.
    I guess it boils down to how different cultures approach such matters.
  • above_the_cows
    Yeah.

DD.

Pozzo's dad was interviewed from the hospital over the telephone during Processo alla Tappa.
    I guess it boils down to how different cultures approach such matters.

There's one thing interviewing someone from a hospital and the need to show images of someone looking in a bad way before their condition is known on live TV though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,165
    I remember hearing Tony McCoy's wife being interviewed and saying that when he crashed (is that the right word in horse racing?) she liked to see what was happening on TV - to get information as soon as possible.

She was also quite cavalier about it, saying something like "I check to see that he's conscious and his feet are moving and then I go about my day because everything else can be fixed". I guess she's seen it all before.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    I remember hearing Tony McCoy's wife being interviewed and saying that when he crashed (is that the right word in horse racing?) she liked to see what was happening on TV - to get information as soon as possible.

She was also quite cavalier about it, saying something like "I check to see that he's conscious and his feet are moving and then I go about my day because everything else can be fixed". I guess she's seen it all before.

It's called a fall in horsey things. I can't imagine being able to watch someone I loved in this scenario but maybe that's just me.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,752
    Cheng is here.

Awesome!

He was towing the bunch on Stage 2. Matt Stephens made a comment along the lines of 'The breakaway killer Cheng moves to the front'.
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    Cheng is here.

Awesome!

He was towing the bunch on Stage 2. Matt Stephens made a comment along the lines of 'The breakaway killer Cheng moves to the front'.

Dammit I knew I'd regret not being able to watch stage 2.