Scottish independence - The real issue

12345679»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,710
    welshkev wrote:
    POAH wrote:
    [ Wales don't give a crap about being independent from the UK, its not the same as the feeling in Scotland.

that's not strictly true. but income generated from mountain bikers and hikers/climbers wouldn't sustain us for long :lol:
    I dunno, the price of those ham and cheese toasties at the Cwmcarn visitor centre are a bit steep :P And the £3 parking charge...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    only a £1 if you move your bottom round the trail :p
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    only a £1 if you move your bottom round the trail :p

so you get your £2 back by moving your bottom on the trail? sounds a bit dodgy to me mate!
  • Thewaylander
    LOL, well its a nice butt :P

£1 for 2 hours thats enough for the trails, not DH though i admit.

And Scotlands needs to forget about politics and just go back to tossing cabres and doing what they are told ;)
  • Stevo_666
    It's the £6.40 toll to get into Wales in the first place the narks me. FFS they should pay me to come in and spend my hard earned cash on uplifts, car parking and toasties :) Maybe I should ask for a discount when I'm over in a month or so?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    we charge to get in to keep the rif raf out!
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's the £6.40 toll to get into Wales in the first place the narks me. FFS they should pay me to come in and spend my hard earned cash on uplifts, car parking and toasties :) Maybe I should ask for a discount when I'm over in a month or so?

the thing is we don't even get anything, it goes to the bloody French company who built the bridges!!!

it was supposed to be given over to welsh control next year (IIRC) but that's changed now as the French say they haven't made as much cash as they forecast!
  • Stevo_666
    we charge to get in to keep the rif raf out!
    Is that why the charge to get into England is zero? I guess petrol costs are enough to keep you lot out :P
  • Thewaylander
    We just don't bother crossing the water if we can avoid it... whats the point its flat :P
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Now the vikings want independence from Scotland. Can't blame them really.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/shetland-islan ... nd-1441632
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    We just don't bother crossing the water if we can avoid it... whats the point its flat :P
    We made the bit just across the border from Wales deliberately flat so you'd think that :D Anyhow, that's what we call a win-win situation. Just wish the Sweaties would do the same thing :wink:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Due to the way the boundaries are divided, it's very possible (and surveys show it as 'fact') that the majority don't want conservative, however due to the way the voting system works and boundaries, the conservatives got it.
    Hogwash, the conservatives actually need to get circa 1.5% more votes than labour to get the same number of seats, the last electoral reform commission suggestions on boundary changes to correct this were ignored by the last Labour gov't (I'll be kind and call them a gov't).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Yes, but boundaries don't consider the population within them, so most rural places vote conservative, most towns/cities vote labour (I'm generalising). Conservative end up getting more seats than labour, but not necessarilly more votes. For Conservatives to win, they just need to win over a few towns and cities, and it's then in their favour.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • The Rookie
    Yes but what your spouting is still BS, read what I put FGS, the Conservatives have to poll circa 1.5% more votes to get the same number as seats (force a draw) as Labour, yes the seats the Conservatives win may have fewer constituents, but that is largely irrelevant given that they will also have larger numbers in the towns who vote for them and still get a Labour MP, or is that too hard for you to grasp?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thekickingmule
    You've clearly sat on something that's entered your ar$e as you are acting like a total t1t to say the least. Chill the fark out!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • The Rookie
    You've clearly just learnt how to spout unsubstantiated Bollocks on the internet, don't worry though you''l grow out of it.
  • thekickingmule
    The Rookie wrote:
    You've clearly just learnt how to spout unsubstantiated **** on the internet, don't worry though you''l grow out of it.
    Welcome to the Crud!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    I blame the French!
  • welshkev
    I blame the French!

do the French own wiggle then? :?
  • The Rookie
    Le Wiggle surely!
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    The new Scottish Groat .....

v2-alex-salmond-pound.jpg