MTBers who don't actually go biking - rubbish men / dating!

12346»

Comments

• Adam k
    Adam k Posts: 37
    Adam k wrote:
    My ex girlfriend hated me riding and spending money on my bike I stopped doin weight training for riding.again she didn't like that but I do what I want etc so she dumped me last year since then found out a lot of stuff about her messing round with some of my family members which iv cut of out my life etc.now iv slowly started sorting my life out and I'd say riding has helped me a lot iv gone from 19st to 15st in about 7 months.id say a female that would tick my boxers would be someone who likes riding bikes lots of tattoos and brown hair but can't have everything can I lol

Damn, her doing that to you, with your own family... :/ Good luck finding that girl for you mate :wink: You deserve a nice girl if your ex did that to you.

Cycling is better than weight lifting, well, i do alot of cycling and less weight training, since i prefer it. :)

Thanks I'm not in a rush for a girl tbf unless she's in to biking lol it never goes down well when you say iv spent 5k on one bike and 2k on the other.id say that if I find a girl who's in to bikes she will understand why we spend so much on bikes lol
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Adam k wrote:
    Thanks I'm not in a rush for a girl tbf unless she's in to biking lol it never goes down well when you say iv spent 5k on one bike and 2k on the other.id say that if I find a girl who's in to bikes she will understand why we spend so much on bikes lol

LOL. A girl that new alot about bikes and loved riding (bike and in bed :wink: ) would be a major turn on, and you wont see their jaw drop when you tell them you spend 2k on a bike :)
  • Adam k
    Adam k Posts: 37
    I once went out on a bike ride with my ex she was on one of my bikes I was on other as we went down the road she pulled front brake and she went over handle bars hit her head etc.my bike got damaged she snapped the reverb remove and scratched my frame and dented my new forks that I payed £750 2 days before.she blamed me for having sharp brakes :?
  • ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    Can all the Gurls on ere post up you're pics so we know what to look for?
  • gt-arrowhead
    Adam k wrote:
    I once went out on a bike ride with my ex she was on one of my bikes I was on other as we went down the road she pulled front brake and she went over handle bars hit her head etc.my bike got damaged she snapped the reverb remove and scratched my frame and dented my new forks that I payed £750 2 days before.she blamed me for having sharp brakes :?

WOW thats alot of damage...i would have gone absolutely mental.

In my opinion, theres no such thing as sharp brakes on a bike. :wink:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Thing is do people really want a partner who rides? I couldn't stand the thought of having to do easy stuff all the time or having them ask to ride all the time instead of riding with the people i know are up for stupid things all the time.

And having to fix their bike for them. And pay for it.
  • gt-arrowhead
    I guess you could go for a casual cycle with her and go out with your mates on a separate ride.

And as for the bike, just have something thats half decent spec wise and looks really nice. You can make a bike look the bollox with not alot of money. They wont be needing stuff like a carbon bike and all the rest of it if you think about it.

All of that is cancelled out if she is a hardcore rider though...
  • bennett_346
    Really you think that? I doubt many women would be happy riding a rat bike, most i know have the ability to go into any shop and immediately turn to the most expensive item like some kind of compass...
  • gt-arrowhead
    I didnt mean a rat bike, i meant a brand new bike that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, and with some attractive looking upgrades. Then again, i cant talk from experience.
    and immediately turn to the most expensive item like some kind of compass...

That simile was epic! :lol::lol:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Aren't you 16 or something GT?

I can assure you that in grown up life things aren't quite the same. Girls worth knowing will be able to do things themselves and if they want something will be able to get it for themselves. And generally aren't stupid enough to be bought off with some piece of tat you tart up and market to her as attractive. We can see through these ploys (well some of us can). And I think there has been similar debate on this previously - she wont enjoy riding some heavy piece of awfulness and feeling like she is holding things up. If you want a girl to get into biking and to enjoy it make it an even playing field to start with.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • gt-arrowhead
    MissCMC wrote:
    Aren't you 16 or something GT?

I can assure you that in grown up life things aren't quite the same. Girls worth knowing will be able to do things themselves and if they want something will be able to get it for themselves. And generally aren't stupid enough to be bought off with some piece of tat you tart up and market to her as attractive. We can see through these ploys (well some of us can). And I think there has been similar debate on this previously - she wont enjoy riding some heavy piece of awfulness and feeling like she is holding things up. If you want a girl to get into biking and to enjoy it make it an even playing field to start with.

Indeed i am.

I dont know anything at all about relationships and buying a girl a bike since i am 16...so everything im saying is just bollox really or just "ideas".

Im not sterotyping girls as stupid, thats not what im getting at if thats what you thought by the way...

If i were to have a wife (not talking about just a girlfriend) then she would be getting something like a carbon santa cruz :lol::lol:
  • bennett_346
    Is that so you could ride it when she inevitably didn't?
  • gt-arrowhead
    Is that so you could ride it when she inevitably didn't?

Possibly...

Just kidding.

Because i would want her to have the best :wink: But if it was just a girlfriend that you arent properly crazy for, and you dont intend on marrying then obviously i wouldnt do that.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    MissCMC wrote:
    she wont enjoy riding some heavy piece of awfulness and feeling like she is holding things up.

Are you talking about the bike, or our young Mr GT Arrowhead?... :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    she wont enjoy riding some heavy piece of awfulness and feeling like she is holding things up.

Must be Arrowhead, his girlfriend is off riding a Mr Carbon Santa Cruz.

Just remember GT, when it comes to women the rule of thumb is, be yourself........well ignore that (especially in your case) be who they want you to be, its so much simpler ;) then be yourself away from them, it gets you stalked in the gym ;)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gt-arrowhead
    Gazlar wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

Just remember GT, when it comes to women the rule of thumb is, be yourself........well ignore that (especially in your case) be who they want you to be, its so much simpler ;) then be yourself away from them, it gets you stalked in the gym ;)

Lol! Why not be myself especially in my case?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Gazlar wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

Lol! Why not be myself especially in my case?

Lets just say a 23 page and counting thread on the crudcatcher can't be wrong ;) Nah just kidding you, treat a lady like a lady and most will be happy with that, even if they are a tomboy, its not chauvenist to be a gent
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gt-arrowhead
    Haha! :D

Yeah i do know how to treat a girl, just i havent got one at the mo, and havent had one for a while, and probably wont have one for a while. Just dont really know what to do.

It really annoys me when you see some really nice girls with guys that are total pricks. "hes hot though". Fk off!
  • supermike
    supermike Posts: 33
    Going back to the beginning of the thread....

I am pretty shocked a girl can't find a guy who is into biking there must be loads to choose from!

When I was single I gave up trying to find a decent girl who was into biking.
    So I found a decent girl eventually (actually met her on the net) and now two years on we are expecting our first baby in october and my gf who isn't really into biking still lets me go whenever I want and never moans that I spend a fortune on it :) I built her a nice bike up which she will sometimes ride when we take the dog around the park and I can't wait until my girl/boy (find out wednesday) is old enought to get on a bike.

So they don't HAVE to be into biking.... Sometimes wish she was but I wouldn't swap her :)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    chloroform.

But on a serious note, there's no single method that supposedly works for everyone. The last 2 I've been friends with beforehand so kinda cheated... I did however start with the taking them out for a drink/meal on a few occassions routine.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    There is no rule, outside being yourself, in my humble opinion of course.

As for the other halves that are into stuff you are as a point of attraction, I'm never entirely sure it's as linear as that. For example, Mrs Mpatts is a horsey type, this is a seriously good match for me, as:

1) Wants to spend most of her time outdoors
    2) Understands obsession
    3) Understand that spending loads on something you love doing does not require justification
    4) Looks great in jodphurs

She now comes out once in a while with me on the bikes, and to say that horse riding is good training for ballsy descending is something of an understatement.
    Insert bike here:
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    My last gf used to be a riding instructor (had her own school) and also looked amazing in jodphurs, she gave me a brief lesson once on a horse that was so big you could see it on Google maps satellite images (17 hands IIRC). I think I'll stick with wheels, lol.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    supermike wrote:
    Going back to the beginning of the thread....

I am pretty shocked a girl can't find a guy who is into biking there must be loads to choose from!

They can there just fussy :P
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    It's called having standards Waylander! :lol:
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    Yes!

Because Girls Have "standards" ......Ahem......... :twisted: