MTBers who don't actually go biking - rubbish men / dating!

Comments

• Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Briggo wrote:
    I'm game, just don't tell the current wife ok.
    Ftfy
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Briggo wrote:
    I'm game, just don't tell the wife ok.
    Actually he's got a point. You're limiting your choices if you're only looking at single blokes. After all, there is some truth in the old adage that the best ones are spoken for (well, sort of), and life is short etc :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'm not proud I'll cycle with anyone
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    miss notax wrote:
    Surely there must be some blokes out there who would quite like to meet a nice mountain biking lady who ticks all the usual boxes but can also ride pretty well and hold a conversation about 26 vs 29er's etc etc?!!

I'm young, free and single and tick all the boxes :wink:
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    I'm game, just don't tell the wife ok.
    Actually he's got a point. You're limiting your choices if you're only looking at single blokes. After all, there is some truth in the old adage that the best ones are spoken for (well, sort of), and life is short etc :twisted:

Yes, and you'll never be paranoid that he won't cheat on you, obviously. :roll:
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Online dating is a strange one, it works great for some people but ultimately it's part window shopping and partly a numbers game. As a bloke you've got to be willing to be very committed to the process and willing to fire off messages left right and center or you're going to get nowhere.

Didn't really work for me, partly because I'm the ultimate king of procrastination and partly because my profile was always shit. It's like writing a CV except a billion times worse. And, I suppose, like CV writing people are only ever going to try and magnify their best qualities and omit the fact that they have twenty cats, a lifetime subscription to hamster worrier monthly and a lifesize papier mache model of Pol-Pot in their front room.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    :lol::lol:

Ah well, i'm certainly great value for money at dinner parties etc at the moment with all these 'interesting' experiences! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    clamps81 wrote:
    . And, I suppose, like CV writing people are only ever going to try and magnify their best qualities and omit the fact that they have twenty cats, a lifetime subscription to hamster worrier monthly and a lifesize papier mache model of Pol-Pot in their front room.

knowing you in person, i have these thoughts that you do actually have that papier mache pol pot :lol:
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I got it at the central market in Phnom Penh for a very knockdown price and I just couldn't resist bringing it home with me.*

*may actually be a lie
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Well I have given up completely after the last mess i was in. Biking has basically ended all my relationships where they way wanted more of my time and i said no i need to get out riding.

Internet dating sites do make me giggle as 70% of the things people write are basically not true. I promise next time i see you at Cwm i will make fwd conversation to brighten your day though
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    There's better ways to find men who ride mountain bikes than looking on dating sites.

They're called trail centres. Just stalk men on solo rides...
  • welshkev
    . I promise next time i see you at Cwm i will make fwd conversation to brighten your day though

well if we meet her there, i'll put a sign on my back reading "the blonde girl at the front is single and looking, please chat to her"

and ride at the back, how's that sound? :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    . I promise next time i see you at Cwm i will make fwd conversation to brighten your day though

well if we meet her there, i'll put a sign on my back reading "the blonde girl at the front is single and looking, please chat to her"

You just want to follow up the hill! sneaky i like it..
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

You just want to follow up the hill! sneaky i like it..

I have no idea what you're trying to imply :lol:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    :lol::lol::lol:

It's a clever plan chaps - I like it :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Indeed, we are full of them.....

Kev you can ride behind me, i'll behind Miss N :P
  • cbtmrt
    cbtmrt Posts: 29
    You need to get yourself a toyboy miss notax ;)
  • neilrosser
    neilrosser Posts: 236
    cbtmrt wrote:
    You need to get yourself a toyboy miss notax ;)

Very brash for a 1st post :lol:
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    You need to ride a bit slower, giggle and pretend you don't really understand how your bike works, no one wants a girl who can outride them or knows more about bikes than them!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • cbtmrt
    cbtmrt Posts: 29
    neilrosser wrote:
    Very brash for a 1st post :lol:

Worth a try :wink:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Argh I feel this problem too. Not looking forward to getting back into the dating stuff again. It really all seems so false and forced. I don't profess to being a great biker - it's something I do when I have the time, but I would like to find someone who shares a like of some of the things that I do and are not scared off by the fact that as well as have a career I can also calve a cow, drive a tractor, drag bales round and generally get involved in working on the farm on a weekend if I feel like it. And someone who can introduce me to new experiences and activities which I might enjoy. After my last experience I have been put off big time. When he got down to the bare bones of me, he ran scared, despite my being honest and upfront about how busy my work and life is, and when I made time for them they didn't appreciate it.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    MissCMC wrote:
    Not looking forward to getting back into the dating stuff again. It really all seems so false and forced.
    That's what i hate about it, it feels more like dating for dating's sake than anything else. I've always been of the opinion that i'd rather meet someone naturally rather than in a forced environment but in todays busy modern lifestyle i'm not sure if it's possible...

Might need to change my tactics lol...
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I joined a dating site last week. lasted 3 days on there, there are some real freaks about and they all seemed to message me. So i've binned that plan and will have to do it the old fashioned way or just not bother and have more time to do things i want.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    You need to ride a bit slower,

She certainly needs to do that if she wants to see some people without putting mirrors on her bike!!

And by the way Miss Notax, you will shortly get an email about tomorrow evenings ride which takes in QE and it's locale if you want to come a little way east!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Thewaylander
    I have actually given up.

Would like someone who shares a past time, but so few women moutnain bikers around lol. And msotly i want someone who can give me space!! i can not live with someone breathing down my neck! it infuriates me.

but my bike ahhh she is perfect, doesn't nag, just needs a clean and service every now and then... perfect :D
  • welshkev

but my bike ahhh she is perfect, doesn't nag, just needs a clean and service every now and then... perfect :D

my bike nags me all the time, that constant chattering when she's not in gear properly, that whining from my brakes and then she sits there all furlornely with a broken mech hanger and doesn't speak to me until i fix her again...bitch :wink::lol:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I just really dislike the whole ruthless nature of whole dating 'game' because essentially that is what it has become. The number of times my friends tell me 'the rules' about when to text/call and when not, what to say you are doing, what to tell them about yourself etc etc. So much to remember and worry about presenting the best possible version of you that you actually forget to have fun. I think the best dates I have been on have been ones where I didn't actually care what happened and have ended up having a great time (and getting in at 5am...). It seriously feels the total opposite of what I remember. Maybe that is just age.

Yet another friend has announced their engagement this weekend. I wonder when the memo came out that we had to be married/coupled up/having babies as quickly as possible. I do look at friends and wonder if they are just settling for someone to avoid being alone. Maybe I'm getting too picky in my old age...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • levolon
    levolon Posts: 78
    hmmm dating sites?
    simplify it for ya , men want sex and women want something that dont usually exist......

good luck on the dating stuff "think most men are married on them sites girls" so they be hunting for sex buddies im afraid or worse , the replacement Mother !!! you been warned .

ive been married for 20yrs and maybe a dating site is just what i need lol

ignore your friends advice and simply look for someone who makes you feel good.... ie look beyond the looks for a happy ending .
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    I do look at friends and wonder if they are just settling for someone to avoid being alone. Maybe I'm getting too picky in my old age...

i do know someone who i feel has done exactly this...sad really :(
  • Thewaylander
    And CMC ignore there rules.

if someone likes you they like you, if you present a false image its just a false relationship and ends in a mess when they find out who you are.

Just relax and enjoy life!

And ride your bike :D