Best riders.....

1235»

Comments

• saz
    saz Posts: 2,189
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudface</i>
    petite women look beautiful whatever size they are. the really slim ones look like kylie, and the women who carry a lot more weight still manage look really curvy, feminine and petite.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Nah, thats another generalisation. I'm wee (5'4), not curvy, just built like a truck. Was once called "butch" (when I was about 19) and have never ever forgotten it.[:(] Every time I do anything remotely physical I seem to grow more bloody muscles.

<font color="violet"><font size="1">ME AND MY BIKE</font id="size1"></font id="violet">
    <font size="1">my photos</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">sigh....I wish..</font id="size1">
  • mudface
    mudface Posts: 1,733
    5ft4" is not THAT short, saz - it's actually average height for a woman in this country. by petite i mean 5ft. having said that, it would be cr@p now because it'd be a nightmare to find a bike small enough lol.

i've found that since doing lots of sport i've looked at my body differently. of course we all like looking good in an evening dress, but also i see it as a tool to enable me to live my life to the full. at the end of the day if you can ride for hours and hours for miles and miles and do jumps, drops and all sorts, any body which can do that has got to be far more valuable and beautiful than one which is only there to look at?
  • saz
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudface</i>

any body which can do that has got to be far more valuable and beautiful than one which is only there to look at?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Still... It <i>would</i> be nice to look great in an evening dress [8)]

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • majorbloodnock
    majorbloodnock Posts: 3,255
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cazzdevil</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudface</i>

any body which can do that has got to be far more valuable and beautiful than one which is only there to look at?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Still... It <i>would</i> be nice to look great in an evening dress [8)]
    No doubt (although I don't think one would suit me [:I]).

However, an inescapable fact is that, assuming we survive that long, we all grow old, and, as that happens, our bodies look more and more worn. Beauty, however great your endowment to start with, will fade, and anyone whose appreciation of you relies on your appearance will ultimately end up being disappointed. On the other hand, find someone who appreciates you for <i>who</i> you are and you'll always look great in that evening dress, irrespective of how well your body ages.

OK, serious and philosophical bit over. I'm back in mickey-take mode.

Semper in excretia; sumus solum profundum variat
  • saz
    Wisely said Major.
    Cazz, you would look AMAZING in an evening dress!!!
    Just watch you don't get it caught up in your wheels though![;)]

<font color="violet"><font size="1">ME AND MY BIKE</font id="size1"></font id="violet">
  • mudface
    i have many dresses. i LOVE them. i recommend buying them in a variety of lengths and styles - useful if you can never predict which part of your body will be covered in big bruises next. [:)]
  • plork123
    plork123 Posts: 112
    This is a funny thread - took me ages to read 9 pages mind
  • http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 721&ref=nf

This is the last time I was seen wearing a dress. I scrub up alright even if I do say so myself [:)] Of course I've now got a manky big scar running right the way across my collarbone, but it just adds to the character.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • saz
    Looking good Cazz!!
    See I'd look awful in that, with my biceps and tattoo.

• Shut up woman you'd look good in a bin bag.

• saz
    Just been searching for the only photo ever of me in a dress but couldn't find it. It was at a "Famous Couples" party. I went as Marge Simpson. Damn...wish I could find it....

• I own two dresses. One doesn't really fit very well anymore (porky Caz has put on weight), and the other one I made myself and was only ever intended on being a "trial project" when I was doing my dressmaking course. It turned out really well actually and would be gorgeous made out of satin so I might make another one in readiness for Christmas parties.

• saz
    I made my Marge dress out of a sheet. I just lay on it, got Amber to draw round me, sewed it up with a long zip down the back, put it on inside out and slightly randomly shaped it with tucks and dyed it green. It was fab. Fitted like a glove!!
    The hair was a different story altogether!!

• [:D] Superb!!

I need to dust off my sewing machine & overlocker again, I haven't made anything for ages.

• lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If I were 5ft 6 I'd be overweight, but cos I'm tall I can get away with it a bit easier. Quite largely proportioned all round though so if I were a size 10 I'd probably look emaciated.

So that's sorted I just need to be 4 inches taller[:I]

If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • Soooo, is that all the arguing over with then? I thought the thread was going to turn into the 'stoning' from The life of Brian (Polymer). Who threw that? she did, she did er he did he did! That boy took one hell of a beating!!!
  • ah but i'm good at bouncing back, all the practice of hitting non moving tree's on my back, although this thread has taken a very strange turn, talking about dresses hmmmmmm and I thought all the girls were tough mountain bikers [:D]
  • Us women are experts at going off-topic.

• saz
    Multitasking![:D]

• Are we all friends then now? [8D]
  • saz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by polymer74</i>

Are we all friends then now? [8D]
    Forum ride?[:D]
    A nice leisurely non competitive one........[}:)]

• Well Saz and I are friends... Dunno 'bout the rest of you [:P]

• Glad to have you and saz as friends cazzdevil [}:)]
  • [:D]

• Thank god thats sorted..I thought for a minute there you were going to be history even before your 40 'post' birthday, Polymer!!
  • punkypossum
    punkypossum Posts: 660
    Maybe we should just stay off topic and turn this into the "Who's the tallest female on the forum?" thread...So far I'm winning!!!! [:D] (I knew there had to be something good about being tall! [:p])

I used to be Snowhite, but I drifted...
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!
  • Woohoo! A girl who's taller than me!! Although I see loads more girls these dys who are topping the 6ft mark so at 5ft 10.5 (I tend to miss off the half usually) I'm quite short in comparison.

All I can say is thank god for the Tall range in Dotty P's.

• mudface
    lol @ caz - that .5 of an inch is suddenly important.. [;)]

at least dotty p's are good for someone. from what i can tell they only go down to a size 10.
  • LOL, my height depends now spikey my hair is on any given day [:D]

My bf is 5ft 11 & 3/4 but we always just say he's 6ft cos it sounds better so I try and play DOWN my height so it seems like he's even taller than me.