Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• jamieayres
    jamieayres Posts: 282
    edited July 2008
    Quickie question, are the jumps/north shore down Bourne Woods just the ones on that downhill slope? As they look nothing like the ones in this video on youtube?
  • Leebergin
    Leebergin Posts: 97
    How you all doing :?:

When are you guys (the ones that are going) in
    Wales :?:

I am now offically backout :lol: , still out of shape :shock: but hopefully all will come together soon.

I am planning on tripping to thetford for my first ride back out 8) was thinking Sunday 27th if anyone is intrested or if this conflicts with wales ride can always do weekend after ?

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • mikebert4
    mikebert4 Posts: 93
    And just before you think I'd vanished from the face of the earth... I've a little announcement:

552ow7.th.jpg

I have a new toy! Now, who's comming to Thetford to test it out on the 27th?

Also, Welcome to the new faces - I've been quite bad at checking in on my little thread recently, but I'm available for any rides out and about round peterborough just give me a shout on here, or PM me for my MSN (which I'm -always- on :) )
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Larok
    Larok Posts: 577
    hey guys, looks like we're on for Thetford next Sunday! What time shall we meet? The Brandon car park as is free? Weather will hopefully be crackin.

Not sure about the jumps Jamie, did Willrideforcake mention he went there regularly - someone recently said they did.

Nice bike Mikebert!
  • Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    jamieayres wrote:
    Quickie question, are the jumps/north shore down Bourne Woods just the ones on that downhill slope? As they look nothing like the ones in this video on youtube?

Met a guy rebuilding the start ramp and he said all the youtube stuff is v.old and alot has changed since then. In terms of northshore, the only thing close to resembling is the start ramp lol. Pretty sure it is just the downhill slope.
  • jamieayres
    Bike Bloke wrote:
    jamieayres wrote:

Met a guy rebuilding the start ramp and he said all the youtube stuff is v.old and alot has changed since then. In terms of northshore, the only thing close to resembling is the start ramp lol. Pretty sure it is just the downhill slope.

Ah fair enough then. Didnt know if we had missed anything but seems like we found all the stuff that was there.
  • Carlos13
    Carlos13 Posts: 152
    I'd love to go to Thetford 27th, but it'd need to be first thing for me (so I can get back for 12ish).

I may have something new to ride on by then, with a nice comfy back end...
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    On One Scandal single speed
    08 Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Felt CA1
    70s Claud Butler Campag Gransport - Fixed conversion
    Various other junk
  • Larok
    Getting back for 12 would mean leaving at 7ish. I was thinking more of meeting at 12?

What bike you looking at Carlos?
  • I could be up for that! (BTW - as far as Bourne goes, I think the downhill area is about it...)
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • bmh
    bmh Posts: 8
    HI all
    I'm on for Thetford this Sunday.Can anybody give me directions for Brandon car park please?
    See you sunday
    Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening!
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Can't make this sunday. Wales the following weekend, Steve how's the toe, are you going to be able to make it? Who else is going? Carlos when will you know?
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Leebergin
    "I am planning on tripping to thetford for my first ride back out 8) was thinking Sunday 27th if anyone is intrested"

Guys just to confirm as there seems to be a lot of ideas floating around, I am planning on leaving Peterborough at around 9ish, hate wasting the day so we can get there and do as much riding as possible. Also planning to park in main car park as it has easy access to all the roots.

Let me know if your intrested we can either convoy down or meet there.
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

• Larok
    Lee you know we we're talking about going to Thetford next Sunday the Friday before you posted on the Sunday?

How about we meet ready to ride at the main car park at 11 or plan to get to Brandon for 10 30? If anyone else wants to save £6 by parking at Brandon here is the car park website which is a 10/15min ride to the main car park. We should swap mobile numbers before the day so we can call with any last minute hicups?

http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/Environment/C ... findus.htm

Brandon Country Park is half a mile south of Brandon on the B1106 and not far from the A11 Elveden crossroads.

BTW MBR fan bit worried about the lack of coms about Wales. If your not into it then I'd rather know earlier than later?
  • Leebergin
    "Lee you know we we're talking about going to Thetford next Sunday the Friday before you posted on the Sunday?"

Larok, didnt realise :shock: not been on forum for a while but good idea about meeting at main car park.

Lee
    Lee

• Larok
    Be good to meet you at last Lee.

If anyone needs a ride and can get to Yaxley, be no problem - bikes on the roof. How do the times sound?, (sorry Carlos - I know there not what you wanted).
  • Carlos13
    S'ok, we all have different constraints.

I'm looking at something from the Pyrenees, but it may not come off.
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk
  • mikebert4
    So, to clarify things for this sunday:

We're all going to be meeting at Thetford somwhere between 10:30 and 11am. I know Lee and I intend to get the a wee bit sooner (leaving the borough at 9) but we'll most likely go and potter at a bombhole until we see more arrivals.

So, turn up somwhere between 9 and 11am at the main car-park (parking at brandon if you like) and we'll run off and hit the black route and then see how things go from there.

I'm giving out my phone number to anyone who wants it to cater for last minute hiccups, just PM me or grab me on MSN.

How does that sound?
  • Larok
    Sounds good, should be at the main car park ready to go at 10:45 but will phone Mike when there.

Will ride for cake and BMH you guys still up for Thetford and do you need mobile numbers etc/need a lift anyone?
  • As things stand I'll be up for that, assuming the missus' plans don't change! See you at High Lodge at 11ish!
    Look out for the numpty on the black Caldera!
  • bmh
    bmh Posts: 8
    Still on for Sunday, will drive myself, thanks for offer of lift, please pm me your mobile numbers.
    I'll be the one on the Giant XTC hardtail, going slowly.
    See you in the main car park between 10.30 - 11.00.
    cheers
    Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening!
  • Larok
    Great, so that's five of us! any more fancy coming? Do you have a mobile number you can pm willrideforcake. I'll have mikes and bmh's if you pm me back. Lee we could swap also.
  • I'm also at Bourne on Friday daytime if anyone's not working!
  • Larok
    I might be up for Bourne, have some stuff to prepare for Monday so I'll get back to you.
  • mikebert4
    Yeti575 wrote:
    Have you seen how many folk have viewed this thread??

I wonder if the kentXC thread's Author is still about *flex*

But in all seriousness, I'm chuffed that so many people have responded and that we've got some real rides getting organised. I've made a few good friends and no doubt I'll make a few more as time goes on. And looking back at the very start of the thread it's interesting to see who's seen it and when.

Though I would be tempted to suggest a title change from 'Peterborough/Cambridge' to just 'Peterborough', as it seems we've had nothing from the more southern contingent :s. Am i really that skeery?
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Hi again all,

Just a quick note about the impending trip to Wales on 1/2/3rd August. We have less than 2 weeks to get it all sorted - book the campsite, sort out hire, gear, travel etc. So far Troopy and myself have got our pitches booked for Fri/Sat 1/2nd at the Torrent Walk campsite and arranged travel. If anyone else wants to come along, please shout now - the campsite had reserved 6/7 pitches under "Posh Trails" but they won't hold those indefinitely.

We plan to set off Fri lunchtime and possibly do a run Fri evening, if I can get to the hire-shop before it closes. Then a full day on the slopes Sat, with a walk Sunday (possibly Snowdon) before heading home late afternoon. I suppose that the more people come, the more options there are.

So, should we plan for more company, or are we going it alone?

Steve

PS Good to see many of you back on the forum, and so many new entries, so many new bikes! (where's this credit crunch we're all worried about?) I shall be taking it easy in France this weekend, thinking of you bombing around Thetford or wherever you get to. The toes are healing very nicely, thank you.
  • Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    I'm also at Bourne on Friday daytime if anyone's not working!

Not going to be able to make thetford, although did get there for the first time on monday, was great!! - shame it all cant be like the beast section tho.

However can probably get out to bourne on friday. Just name a time.
  • jamieayres
    Might be free for Bourne on Friday as well. Being a non-driver i would need to steal a lift if i get the day off :shock:
  • Larok
    MBR fan/Troopy are you now travelling together to Wales?
  • Carlos13
    I won't be going to Wales sadly, really wish I was but I have to curb extra-curricular activities at the weekend for the time being.

I am up for a ride this weekend if anyone's not going to Thetford and fancies a ride out? Can do Saturday or Sunday I think, just looking to do a 2 hour loop or something like that...
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk
  • Carlos13
    I think Troopy and I are going out at 8am on Saturday, usual Sulehay route if anyone is interested?
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk