Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• apoc_reg
    apoc_reg Posts: 166
    Hola guys,

I officially cant make Wales. Was about to post i can as i have the Friday off when i was reminded its my best mates birthday night out that Saturday and i would be shot if i didnt attend!

Next trip i'll definelty be in on though.

Right so Thetford Sunday. Brandon car park 10:30 is doable for me. What time you getting there Larok?
    '08 Scott Genius MC20

My Pinkbike Page: http://reg11.pinkbike.com/album/MTB-Stuff/

'11 Giant TCR Advanced 1
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Larok, what do you mean by are me and Steve now travelling together, had something else been arranged?
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    As far as I remember, I'd offered lifts but there was no firm take up. Since I'd had no offers, it made sense to team up. Happy to reconsider options, but I need some info on numbers, dates, times etc.

Let's start talking!

Steve
  • Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    What's the plan for friday @ bourne?
  • Larok
    Larok Posts: 577
    You offered me a lift Troopy at the pub in Elton when we met to talk about the trip. Not to worry, I'll make my own way there.

Won't know for sure about Friday trip to Bourne till tomorrow guys, apologies to be vague on it.

I'll be up to Brandon by 1030 Reg, see you there. Anyone else parking there? Great news up to 6 riders hopeful for the day! Lee, Mike, me, apoc, bmh and willrideforcake - nice one guys.
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    edited July 2008
    Sorry about that, i can't remember what was said then. Anyway with all those who said they were up for the trip it seems a little sad that only 3 of us look like going, if some else comes along we'll have 2 per car/van.
    Reg and Carl sorry you can't make it, next trip maybe!.
    But to the rest of you, If you've never been to Wales you'll be blown away with the riding especially if you think the beast at thetford is good, it's like a ride across the carpark compared to the beast at Coed-y-Brennin and the scenery knocks anywhere around here into cocked hat!!
    So is anyone else up for the trip, they do B&B at the camp site and they also have bunk rooms if you don't like camping.

Leave it with you all, you know you want to come along..................don't you!
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • I'll be at Bourne for hopefully around half-tenish. If anybody else is about then feel free to join me!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • Bike Bloke
    I'll try and make it for then, meet you in the car park?
  • bmh
    bmh Posts: 8
    Troopy your trip to Wales sounds like a great weekend, if you get round to planning another one I'd be interested. I can't go on this one as I've got a wedding to be at, the 2nd one in two weekends! If it wasn't for all these bloody weddings I'd have that Cannondale by now!!!

Just had a look on metcheck, looks like Sunday is going to be hot and wet, bring it on!
    Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening!
  • BB - Cool!
  • Larok
    Can't do Bourne chaps, gutted.
  • NO worries - will see you on sunday, 11ish at High Lodge?
  • Larok
    yep, ready to go at 11 would be good.
  • tankduck
    tankduck Posts: 36
    Hey all,
    first post, I live just outside Eye towards newborough. Picking up my shiney new giant trance tomorrow, sorta gutted there doesn't seem to be much to ride around here (only just moved up from biggleswade) but will be going to chicksands once or twice a week so its all good.

Anyways, just wanted to say hey to my locals....and everyone else on here
  • Larok
    Hey Tankduck welcome to the boro and you'd be very welcome to join up on some rides. There are a few about particularly around the Elton/Oundle area for XC.

There's a group going to Bourne woods on Friday, then Thetford on Sunday and a Wales weekender next weekend if your interested or keep your eyes on this thread for other rides.

Bet your excited about the Trance!
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    hi everyone am still about any out and about for friday as i have day off i be out and about or maybe even saturday 2nd angust

mike like the bike. :)
    play hard ride hard
  • Bike Bloke
    Acac, me and willrideforcake are meeting in the bourne woods car park @ 10:30am tmr if you want to join us. I plan on having a nice blast around the "trails"...
  • Leebergin
    Leebergin Posts: 97
    Welcome tankduck

Welcome to the group.

I live in Eye as well 8). Your more than welcome to come along to thetford, should be a good days riding :D .

Lee :shock:
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    sorry ment friday the 1st august :idea:
    play hard ride hard
  • Bike Bloke
    Lol, my mistake above anyway...
  • theman1001
    theman1001 Posts: 85
    How does chicksands compare to thetford? Ive not been to chicksands but have been to thetford a few times. Slightly put off by having to pay £5 to ride at chicksands - how does the XC trail compare? Worth going?
  • Carlos13
    Carlos13 Posts: 152
    I've been to Chicksands twice and not had to pay, indeed I wouldn't know who to pay or where... :?

New bike came today!!! :lol:

It's a bit different to the Rockhopper. I need to buy a shock pump tomorrow, it's um, not quite adjusted correctly for the amount of "muscle" that I'm packing.
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    On One Scandal single speed
    08 Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Felt CA1
    70s Claud Butler Campag Gransport - Fixed conversion
    Various other junk
  • mikebert4
    mikebert4 Posts: 93
    Ooh, grats Carlos - I expect photos!

I need me a shock pump, I borrowed Lee's for my new ride (as well as his garage, tools, compressor, some tire milk and two dustcaps :s - thanks Lee! :D )

Chicksands is a lot of fun, though of a slightly different ilk to Thetford.

Thetford is a nice group of 10- 14 mile loops that are a lot of fun to ride around.
    Chicksands is a series of 2-300 meter 'runs' down the side of a hill. There is an XC loop there, but faced with the bike park, I wasn't going to be trooping off round that for 3 hours :)
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Bike Bloke
    Cheers wrf-cake, was a good little trip round bourne woods. The new trails will come in handy. Will have to do it again sometime, maybe try and get a few more people out as well. Good luck in your 24hr race!
  • theman1001
    theman1001 Posts: 85
    mikebert4 wrote:
    I need me a shock pump, I borrowed Lee's for my new ride (as well as his garage, tools, compressor, some tire milk and two dustcaps :s - thanks Lee! :D )
    Ive got a shock pump that you can borrow tonight if you want? See ya at 6 ;)
  • Larok
    Which bike did you get Carlos? Your being very secret squirrel about it! :)
  • Carlos13
    Carlos13 Posts: 152
    It was only Wednesday that I knew for sure it was coming, didn't want to tempt fate.

It's a Commencal Meta 5.5.2. Got a great deal from merlin, and the 09 bike has gone up by £200 so if we don't get on I should hopefully be able to get out without too much pain. That's the theory anyway!
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    On One Scandal single speed
    08 Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Felt CA1
    70s Claud Butler Campag Gransport - Fixed conversion
    Various other junk
  • Leebergin
    Leebergin Posts: 97
    Nice ride Carlos13 8)

Mike has the same bike it think. :shock:

So who is going on sunday :?:

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • Larok
    Nice one Carl, bet you can't wait to get it out on the trails. I found the full sus even more helpful at Thetford than on the Elton loops. You'll love it!
  • tankduck
    tankduck Posts: 36
    cheers for all the kind welcomes, bike is awesome, took it to the wetlands centre or something last night for a little tear around/fly swallowing session.

Sadly cannot make sunday, we're having a chillout day having not stopped working on this bloody house!!!

I'm likely gonna go drive somewhere like thetford with my brother next weekend though, drove through it yesterday before getting the bike and it looks hella tempting :)