Email Scams. post the ones you receive here

14567810»

Comments

• fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    Hello

I am a recruiting manager of "EastAntiques". Our organization provides commercial services for sellers of antiques from Eastern Europe and buyers from North America, Western Europe, Asia and Oceania. In other words our organization assists in locating possible buyers and connoisseur of antiques. EastAntiques deals with authentic antiques as well as rare subjects of the recent past.

EastAntiques will not deal with customers, which are looking for items older than the 17th century – as authenticity of such items cannot be fully verified, and religious attributes. Most of our clients are people from the former USSR. In most cases these people are not able to value their items at a correct price.

Our organization is registered in three countries Estonia, Russia and Ukraine. International wire transfers are usually delayed mainly due to the lack of accuracy of the banking system in these countries. This pushes us to search for foreign correspondents to receive payments and further shipments of rare items. The position of a correspondent requires a minimum of your time (1-2 hours per day). No investments are required. The duties of the correspondent involve accepting the payment to the correspondent’s bank account and further transfer to the associates via Western Union/ Money Gramm. The payments are usually done via wire transfers or Pay-Pal (www.paypal.com). In order to apply for this position the following criteria must be met:

- You must be at least 21 years old.
    - You should live in the countries of Western Europe, USA, Canada or Oceania.
    - You must be a citizen of the country you are residing in.
    - Internet Access.
    - Bank Account with online access or Pay-Pal account.

If you want to receive funds via Pay-Pal, your account must be verified and have no withdrawal limits. To check the withdrawal limits of your Pay-Pal account you must login in and click "My Account", than "View Limits" in balance window.

Your commission will be 10% per transaction that you will handle. Any banking fees that will be met during the process will be settled by "EastAntiques". Most of our foreign correspondents are able to earn 800 – 1500 US dollars weekly.

If you are interested in our proposal please visit our web-site: http://www.eeantiques.net
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • not an e bay scam but a blatant e mail scam dropped onto my inbox a couple of days back

Notification from U.K L. Departament‏
    From: UNITED KINGDOM ONLINE PROMO AWARDS (kfoltz@cox.net)

Sent: 05 October 2007 20:06:20
    Reply-to: dispatch68@excite.com
    To: We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement that you are oneof our New year winners of the UNITED KINGDOM ONLINE PROMO AWARDS, held on 4th october,2007. You have won for your self a total sum of £516,778.00 POUNDS STERLING and its Equivalent is $921,201:00 USD.
    To file your claim, contact;Mr Steel MartinsClaims AgentEmail;dispatch68@excite.com
    Provide the following information;
    1. Name
    2.Address
    3.Age
    4.Sex
    5Country
    6.Occupation
    8. Country
    Yours Truly,
    Lucy Baines
    Co-ordinator(Online Promo Programme)
    Bike obsessed/adrenaline junkie/racer/idiot
    2011 orange crush
    NS surge custom build ( for sale)
    GT power series 24 bmx race bike
    2010 Verde Vex BMX
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    here is a new one.

Dear Applicant,
    We have a job opening for the position of Accounts receivable position.Would you like to work form your home and get paid weekly? We
    are offering this position to all interested applicants.

Please carefully read through. ASHLEY FURNITURE COMPANY is a well established Manufacturing Firm,That delivers delivering high quality precision furnitures products to some
    of the largest and best known companies in far back Asia ,the Regions Of America and Rest of The world for a long time.

You will find our high quality furnitures in the BEST products on the market today. We serve the entire United States and a growing export
    market, particularly in the supplies of selected products. Superior products including Sofas & Loveseats,Bedding Ensembles, Chairs &
    Ottomans. Your primary task for now , as a representative of the company is
    to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.

You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted
    we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products but in most cases we make our clients prepay for orders or items they order for.

About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay
    through Certified Checks or Money Orders drawn from the United State
    based on the amount involved. We have decided to open this new contract -to-hire
    job position for solving this problem.
    Your First Primary task(Collection of Payments):
    1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
    2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
    3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
    4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, You'll
    have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you
    should understand it.

We are considering your application because you
    satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant
    till we start running our branch office in your state.

Get back to us with information below information , so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and
    forward it to our customers for them to send payments.
    First name...................
    Middle name..................
    Last name....................
    Address Line 1...............
    Address Line 2...............
    City.........................
    State........................
    Zip/Postal code..............
    Age..........................
    Marital Status...............
    Nationality..................
    Home phone...................
    Cell phone...................
    YOUR PREFFERED MODE OF COMMUNICATION EITHER BY PHONE OR BY EMAIL Your response to this email is needed , so that we can
    reconfirm your mailing address details we have in our database.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hotdog0077 wrote:
    I tried to sell my bike again aand the same scam person sent me an email with exactly the same phone numbers as before. I rang him up and he couldn't understand me. here are the numbers. Feel free to ring him at any time. He claims his names are:
    1. Fred Peterson
    2. Bobby Ransom
    3. Ransom Bobby

Mobile Number:+07031843663
    Mobile Number:+07031845984
    Fax... Number:+080719942647

I had him calling me too. Actually I was searching for his number on Google and this number came up.

That guy must've been around for a while. He kept saying 'car' car' ca'r .. Did he even bother to read the selling page? I was selling a freakin bike not a car! He kept asking me for personal details and he had dodgy African accent. I asked him what height for sizing, which he never answered (for obvious reason)
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i keep getting emails with ip address links but theres not much info on what it is, in the email. the last one i got was on 14th and its a valentines link, what it says below is all thats contained in the email:

Love Rose http://65.95.122.33/

i get them for games, fashion, and allsorts of things im convinced some1 just wants me to click the link so they can track my ip for what reason i dont know
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When I get dodgy emails from a bank I no longer bank with etc and they are good enough to include a clickable link then I place my mouse over the link and see if the address revelaed is the same as that given in the email, either way I forward it to the relevant bank etc.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE &
    ADMINISTRATION, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF
    FINANCE, FEDERAL SECRETARIAT
    GARKI, ABUJA,
    NIGERIA.
    Dear Sir/Ceo,
    Due to the recent reform in the former President Olusegun Obasanjo administration, all hands are on deck to checkmate corruption that is why the Economic for financial crime and corruption (EFCC) .My name is Alhaji Suleiman Waziri, I am the director of finance and administration in the federal ministry of finance. I am writing you this mail not because I know you but because I feel you can be able to join me in this business proposal I am about to tell you.
    My friend Mr.Kahn Silvia,a German, who use to work with me in same office was involve in the bellview air crash 2 years ago and due to that he was my bosom friend because he had no family here in Nigeria i have tried locating his family or relatives in Germany but to no avail.
    When he was alive Mr. Kahn opened an account with one of the leading banks here in Nigeria(UNION BANK PLC)with the tone of thirteen million seven hundred thousand dollars($13.7m)and since he died the money has been lying dormant in the bank, I can easily convince the bank and my company that you are the only relation that Mr. Kahn introduced to me, I am telling you all this because the bank wrote to our company to provide the next of kin to the deceased so you can be able to work with me in claiming the money.
    Since i have been unsuccessful in locating any of the relatives for over a year now. I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account valued at $13.7million U.Sdollars can be paid to your account and then you and I can share the money. 55%to me and 40% to you, while 5% should be for expenses or tax
    as your government may require. Your information such as Below:
    1. Your full name
    2. Resident Address
    3. Telephone/Fax Numbers
    4. Occupation
    5. Date of Birth.
    All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please get in touch with me by my private mail address
    (suwaziri@yahoo.com} to enable us discuss further.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Alhaji Suleiman Wazir
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Google 419eater, learn there what to do to the scammer's

How the hell didn't I see this scam email topic before :shock:, scamming is my favourite subject, not me scamming people, but baiting scammers, that's because I'm a scambaiter, that is to say, we engage scammers by replying to their initial scam emails (note, never respond to a scam email from your personal email account where you received it, we always bait anonymously using email accounts made using fake details so that there is now way for the scammer to trace us), we act as if we are willing victims who have fallen for it, all in the name of wasting their time, money and resources, we get them do incredidly stupid stuff, such as, getting them to make videos, or go on long wasted journies, sometimes over thousands of miles, which we call sending them on safari.

Foot_of_travel in the quote above mentioned 419eater, I have been a long time member of the forum on that site since 2004, it's one of the sites that I'm a moderator on, I'm called Scam Patroller on there, come along to our forum and see exactly how we punish scammers for the evil ways, the forum is here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum

Here are some examples of what www.419eater.com members have got scammers to do, this first video is from one of my own current scambaits, where the scammer thinks I am President George Bush :lol:, I have been running him ragged via email since December 2006, I will soon be publishing the whole email exchange from the start, but here are a couple of videos I had him make (all the videos below are hosted on YouTube), the first one is I had him record Cliff Richards song called, Summer Holiday, after that clip ends, the second part begins, and you will see the scammer re-enacting the bus hijack scene from the Dirty Harry film :lol::

Scam Patroller - Summer Holiday Song + Dirty Harry Bus Hijack Scene

Since making that version of Summer Holiday, I told him to remake the video, because he didn't use a big red bus like in the original film, instead he used a red minibus, so this was his next attempt after he had to hire a large red coach:

Summer Holiday - Take 2

If you want to know why he thinks I am President George Bush, you can read the scambait up to date on the forum, he has made several other videos where they had to remake the classic Village people song called YMCA, sadly, YouTube took the video down due to the owners of the music asking for all reference to any of their songs to be removed from YouTube, I will rehost them when I publish the bait, but for now, you can read about it, here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99584

Although they did leave up the African version of the YMCA video he made, here:

Scam Patroller vs. The "Village" People - Part 1

The owner of 419eater, Shiver Metimbers, got a scammer to do a remake of the dead parrot sketch, brilliant stuff :lol::

Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch, scammer style!

And another member called, Bombardier, got a scammer to do some stunts, the scammer needed to do the stunts as he thought he was going to the US to become a stuntman :lol::

Colt Seavers vs. The Unknown Stuntman - Part 1

Colt Seavers vs. The Unknown Stunt Man - Part 2

Those are just a minute sample of the things we do to get back at scammers, the site has dozens of videos and thousands of photos of scammers holding signs with silly things written on them to make them look stupid, along with getting them to get tattoos and a whole range of things to waste their time and money, we also close down their fake bank websites, fake couriers sites, fake escrow sites, fake lawer sites, if they have a fake site being used in fraud, we get them closed down, as do our good friends on the forum at www.aa419.org where they keep th worlds largest database of fake scammer websites, thousands of them.

This is another of the published scambaits that I did, it all started off with an email sent to me by a known Nigerian charity scammer called, Donald Pedro, he rips of churches and charities and asked for a donation from my fake baiting church website, I guess he picked the wrong site this time :D:

Crusade To Fetish Village

Other sites that may be of interest is our fairly new sister site at Scam Warners, where we advise victims and potential victims of fraud:

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php

And I have my own anti fraud website that gives information on scams, it's usually located here:

www.scam-info-links.info

The site is down at the moment, but it can be viewed here:

www.scam-info-links.99k.org
    ogoabdotinfoin5.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Were do they get my email from? I've had about 7 of these, I remember one a couple of days back about that I was selected from a lottery and won 3,500,000 USD and one about a banker in ghana or something wanting to transfer me some money :?
  • @ Willhub, they can get your email address from various places, if you have ever signed a guestbook and posted your email addy on it, or posted your addy on a forum, the scammers use harvesting software which will strip all the email addresses from a forum or guestbook, they then send their scam emails to all the addies.

Also, if you have put your email address in to any website during registration, the shadier sites sell the email addrsses on to mailing list providors, who in turn sell them, scammers use stolen credit cards to purchase mailing list containing millions of email addresses.

Another thing they do is, they blindly send out thousands of emails in alphabetical order, changing or adding letters, sometimes, one of those will be correct and hit your email box.

Being a scambaiter, I seed guestbooks with my scam catcher email addies, knowing they will be harvested, I receive over 100 scam emails a day.
    ogoabdotinfoin5.jpg
  • BigDutch
    BigDutch Posts: 127
    I received this email this morning:

"Hello,
    Thanks for writing me back and also letting me know you have the bike still for sale..I really do feel okay with the condition and i think price also is reasonable,So i think i want to settle for a deal...I will not be able to come for a view as i am really busy with some office work(Outside the UK),so for now i think some recent pics will do..

I want to base this deal on trust that you are selling a good item for me,which have no Mechanical problem..I would really appreciate if this can go abit faster as i have to meet up with the time i have left in UK before going to my new base...So without any further delay,i think we should get on..

So for payment,i am going to mail you a cheque,while for the delivery and shippment,i will arrange for a shipping firm around my new place and feed you back,they will help sort the problem os delivery and pick up..They will come down to your location and pick up the Bike from wherever you want at your own good time..Also the cost will be my burden as i will conclude talks with the shipping firm before sending them to your location.. Pls note that the bike will not be picked until the funds are all cleared into your bank account and you can confirm that to me..

All this is fine with you,then get back to me with your full name and address so that i can mail the cheque and we can further the deal with no delay..

Write back soon.
    Gavin"

It appears that the scammers have found someone with a slightly better use of the English language than the good old days but if you read it over little warning flags are there:

Offer to pay by cheque and trys to make you confident it will be allowed to clear before shipment (well it can take up to 12 weeks for a bank to 'bounce back' a cheque - so unless he's a very patient man...)

Insists upon using his own transport method - why? Isn't it easier to just send the money and let the vendor do the shipping?

Misses key grammatical points in the message - they are subtle but they are there and it's a big warning of certain (in no way am I being racist) nations and their interpretation of English.

And he needs it in a rush to meet up with the time he has left in the UK, and yet he is out of the UK on office business... Hmmmm. Can we all spell 'contradiction'

Be carefull if you're listing anything for sale folks. They're learning!
  • Anonymous
    i got this one yesterday:

FINAL NOTIFICATION,

Get back to me immediately for necessary steps concerning your inheritance, Sequel to your non reply of my earlier email to you dated 02/30/05 and on behalf of the Trustees and Executors to the Will of Mr. Mark your deceased relation in 2002, I wish to notify you that your name appeared in the codicil and last statement of the deceased and you entitled to his fund S$9,900,000.00 deposited with a bank here In Nigeria.

I will advise you about the steps on how to redeem the inheritance funds from the bank. Reply me on time because the bank is waiting for you to show up and claim the funds.

E-mail me directly at : :hopewilliams0152@yahoo.com

Regards,

Barrister Greg Williams.
    Legal Head, Greg and Co. Chambers.
    Boulevard du Mono, B.P. 2232,
    Lomй Togo.

im very tempted!!
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    why do all these scammers appear to be based in nigeria? most of the e-mails sound like the dude off of that phone jacker show on channel 4!! :lol:
    I've never received one so far but after readin most o these i'll certainly be keepin my eyes peeled :shock:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • RVsrb
    RVsrb Posts: 11
    Here's one I've just had:

Thanks for the e-mail.Since you said the price is £999 a Certified cheque or International Money Order will be prepare and issue out to you,You will receive a cheque of £3000 and as soon as you receive the cheque you will deduct yours and the rest shall be for the shipment of the item.if you are alright with this arrangement reply and let me have the following information to where the Certified cheque will be send to like these;

Name.......
    Full address(not p.o box).........
    City.........
    State.......
    Zipcode........
    country.......
    Phone No.......,

Pls the arrangement of funds shall be transfer via the western union and the amount is £2001 will be send to the shipper by you via WESTERN UNION outlet in your location,if you get this right do reply.

Cheers,

I decided to ignore this. If its too good be true, it usually is and if in doubt walk away. Cliches I know but very true all the same.

"Lets be careful out there"
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    one i got the other day:
    FROM MR FRANK AND JOYCE,
    Dearest One,

I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before. I am Frank Mark, 22 years old, I am contacting you on behalf of myself and my youner sister Joyce, We are an orphans.

Nationality: Ivoirians. Our late Father Mr Lawrence Mark was a successful business-man whom before his untimely death , was a Cocoa and Diamond Merchant based here in Abidjan, Cote d'lvoire.Both our Father and Mother were poisoned at a party organised by one of his business associates. Before he died in a private hospital here, my Father called me and told me that he deposited the sum of US$12.5m (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars), in a bank here which he used my name as next of kin to deposit the funds as the only son.Due to the problem that have arised in our family between my late Father's brothers over who should control his wealth and subsquent death in the family, I have decided with my younger sister to transfer this funds overseas for future investment after we finish our education.

We want to leave here and come over to your country to live and continue our studies, because our lives is no longer safe here. We have heard from a reliable source that they are planing on how to retrieve all the documents concerning the funds from us, so that they can claim the funds.

Before contacting you, we have spoken with the local bank manager and worked out modalities on how to transfer the funds to your country. Please, we humbly seek your assistance in the following ways:1- To assist us in transferring this fund quietly into your account in your country. 2- To serve as the guardian of this funds since I am still in the university and my younger sister is still in the college.

3- To make arrangement for me and my younger sister to come over to your country to further our education and to help us secure a residential permit in your country. Moreover, we are willing to offer you any agreed (percentage) out of the total funds as compensation for your efforts/input after the successful transfer of this funds into your nominated account overseas, while some percentage will be set aside to offset any expenses we may incur.

4- Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting us as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within the shortest possible time. NB: Please, if you are interested to help us, contact me immediately after you read this proposal so that I may give you more detailed information how this transfer could be carried out.

However, I wish to hear from you to know your decision concerning this proposal. please We are expecting your urgent responds.

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr frank and Joyce,
  • Anonymous
    Here are todays lot delivered to my windows live mail box:

Your E-Mail Won NE MILLION EUROS‏

You have just won yourself the sum of 'ONE MILLION EUROS the satellite software email lottery conducted by POWERBALL EURO E-MAIL INTERNATIONALCONTACT NAME: Claims Officer CITY/ COUNTRY: LONDON, ENGLAND.EMAIL: powerbll6@gmail.comTELEPHONE: +447024046548Margaret Benji

Result:‏
    Dear Lucky Winner,
    This E-mail is to inform you that you emerged a winner on our
    online draws which was played on the 10th of SEPTEMBER, 2008.
    You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of
    $700,000.00 (Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars) For further Information
    about your Winnings, contact:
    Email: barrterrywilgate001@yahoo.co.uk
    Call the claims unit Officer Barrister Terry Wilgate:
    +(44) 70457 14531
    Web Site: www.swisslotto.ch
    Yours sincerely
    Miss J. Deferne.
    RE:

Dell Laptop for you... Free‏
    Dell Laptop for you... Free - Click Here

YOUR E-MAIL WON!!‏
    You have been awarded £850,000 from the OXFAM GB -UK the cash/grant donation Promo Contact Dr.Terry Williams. Email (terrywilliams78@jmail.co.za)Qualification Number(OG/N231/E101/BDB)

:roll: :roll: , stupid scammer bots.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471

Dear Lloydstsb Bank Customer,

Your account banking is now restarting because of invalid login attempts into your account or the last memorable data has been changed by third party request. You will not be allowed to do transaction online and your primary account is disabled for security reason.

Please activate your primary account and upgrade your new security by following link below:

http://www3.lloydstsb.com/security/upgr ... centre.asp <http://gulfmisr.com/www.lloydstsb.com/customer.html&gt;

We appreciate your corporation and trust in financial with us. Your safety and convenience are our priority service to increase our rating as the best bank in 2007.

Sincerely,
    Security and Account Department
    Lloydstsb Internet Banking, L.B

https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk/media/in ... _white.gif<https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk/media/internet_banking/product_images/ltsb_banksecure_white.gif&gt;

The Lloyds TSB Bank Secure programme is here to help you with information on how to protect your computer. We have listed some of the most important things you can do to keep your computer and your information safe at all times..

Best part is that I'm not a Lloyds customer at all which makes this scam easy to spot!

Now blocked from access using Firefox and IE....
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • DHO Dude
    DHO Dude Posts: 292
    I had a good one earlier
    My name is Jabor Thani, a merchant in Qatar. I have recently been
    diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, which has defiled all medical
    treatment. Expert diagnosis has shown that I have few months to live.

The intention of this email is to employ the expertise of a business
    entrepreneur, who can identify a viable investment and guarantee
    reasonable returns on my wealth. This is to secure a future for my 4
    years old son who lost his mother during birth. I cannot rely on his
    closest relatives any more, as they did not show responsible behaviour
    two years ago when I entrusted half of my wealth to them to invest on
    his behalf. They thought I wouldn?t survive the operation and then
    used the money for their personal needs.

To prevent any more mishaps, my attorney will act as a check,
    monitoring every aspect of the investment. Funds should be split in
    half and distributed to charity organisation and the other half, as
    investment for my son.

If this interests you, please reach me on the email address:
    jabor.thani@all4rams.com to discuss terms and compensation.

Kind regard
    Jabor Thani

A young entrepreneur would, I'm sure be very useful to ol' Jabor. Being a student, I'm not convinced they've done their research.....
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    This just in:

Dearly Beloved,
    I am Lady Helen Crawford, suffering from cancerous ailment. I was married
    to Sir William Crawford an English shipping tycoon notable for his great
    wealth, influential extended family, and charitable activities all his
    life before his death. My husband died after a protracted illness in April
    5th, 2006. Our life together as husband and wife lasted for about three
    decades without a child.

My late husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the
    less-privileged individuals in the society, as we both had passion for
    those people who can not help themselves due to physical disability or
    financial predicament. I can adduce this to the fact that we both needed a
    Child from this relationship, which never came. When my late husband was
    alive he invested in stocks the sum of Twenty Five Million Pounds Sterling
    (25,000,000.00 GBP), which were derived from his vast investment in
    capital market with a Security Company here in UK and named me as the sole
    beneficiary of this trust funds upon his demise.(all records are kept with
    my family lawyer).

...heart-breaking nonsense about illness snipped...

Hence, with this hard
    reality that has befallen my family and me, i have decided to donate this
    funds to you and i want you to use this gift which comes from my husbands
    effort to establish a charity home called "Crawford Charity Foundation"
    for the upkeep of widows, orphans, destitute, the down- trodden,
    physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be
    genuinely handicapped financially around you...

...lol...

...and I do not want my husband's hard earned money to be misused or invested
    into ill perceived ventures. Also i do not want a situation where this
    funds will be used in a worldly manner, hence my reason for taking this
    bold decision. I do not need any telephone communication in this regard
    due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of my husband
    relatives around me, as i am currently bedridden in my husband Family
    house here in Manchester, England and do not receive any visitors unless
    approved by
    Sir Talmund Crawford :shock:, my late husband immediate younger
    brother, thus I do not want them to know about this development in order
    to safegurad this bequeast.

...more bs about lawyers etc ruthlessly snipped...

I have WILLED
    this funds to you for a specific purpose and good work. He will also
    endorse my WILL, where you will be named as the sole beneficiary of this
    trust funds. Please ensure to provide for him all that he may require to
    finalise this arrangement, and make sure you maintain a confidential and
    cordial relationship with him even in my absence, because he is a very
    trust worthy and caring person.
    your beloved Sister.
    Lady Helen Crawford

Classic :lol:
  • Hurray!! ive finally had a spam email!! its from Susan Shabangu who is the Deputy Minister of Safety & Security in South Africa.

Her husband died and she is going to give me $6,100,000USD if i help her out and i get to meet her eldest son and attorney to discuss business investments!!

Apparently you can view her profile at her website www.gov.za, click on contact information then click on Deputy Minister, then click on Safety and Security and her name and you will see this generous lady.

Im so lucky!! New bikes for everyone!!!!
  • i would laugh so hard if one of these was actually real :roll: :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Anybody want to claim my winnings and take 65%?
    AWARD WINNING NOTICE
    Ref No.67324/113
    Batch No.312/00643374
    Ticket/Series No.NL6775489
    Amount Won: $2,500,000.00 USD
    Attn: Internet User,
    This is to formally inform and congratulate you on the result of the
    online cyber lotto which was conducted from an exclusive list of 1,000.000
    email addresses of individual and corporate bodies selected by an advanced
    automated random computer ballot system from the internet.
    Your e-mail address emerged as a winner in the category "A" with the
    following information enclosed.
    You are therefore to receive a cash prize of $2,500,000.00. (Two Million
    Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).
    To file in for the processing of your prize winnings, you are advised to
    contact our Certified and Accredited claims agent for category "A" winners
    with the information below:
    MR. Johan HANS
    Phone: 0031-647-372-865
    Fax: 0031 847-390-336.
    EMAIL: johanhans04@aol.com
    You are advice to provide him with the following information and a copy of
    your international passport or driver's license via email attachment or by
    fax for vetting process which is a standard practice just to ensure that
    we are dealing with the right individual.
    First name:
    Last Name:
    Telephone/Fax number:
    Nationality:
    Winning Email:
    NOTE: Ensure to quote your Reference Numbers in all your communication
    with your claims agent. All winnings must be claimed not later than seven
    working days, thereafter unclaimed funds would be included in the next
    stake.
    Congratulations! Thank you for being a user of the World Wide Web.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Mary Van Dotcha
    http://www.lotto.nl/
    Lottery Coordinator.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thought I'd post a sad tale which shows these scams can work.

Had a call a few weeks ago from a client looking for an account with upwards of £5 mill in it . Spent about 20 mins trying al various combinations of details to try and find the dude (sounded in his 60's... from Canada) but with no joy. The account number he gave me didn't add up proper so started asking questions about this particular account. The dude had been looking to open one of our offshore accounts so searched for my bank through google and would seem he ended up on a fake website. He then recieved a call from some guy claiming to represent my bank (and cause he had given his details on that site he thought it was legit). They told him he had came into a large inheritance (the £5mill) but that he needed to pay the clearance. When he had spoken to me they had scammed the guy out £45,000.... Each time was something different ( "you need to pay x for the European union to allow the funds to pass through intermediaries"... even ended up paying a fee to cover 'communist tax' as the funds were held in Hong Kong originally). I was the dude who had to tell him he had transferred his life savings and wasn't getting them back.
    When it comes to these scams there are two types of people.... those who don't know better (for example it amazes me the number of US clients I have who do not have the slightest idea about non American banking systems) and then you have just complete idiots. This guy was just old and didn't have a clue. Really felt for him. Two days later I had a guy from pakistan calling who described a scam perfectly... promise of german lotto win, need to transfer western union with my bank the supposed beneficaries.. this guy was an idiot though. I started off with a touch of subtlety and ended pretty much screaming down "IF YOU TRANSFER THIS MONEY YOU WILL LOSE IT!!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!" to which the guy answered "Well I'm still going to try....you could be wrong"... no sympathy for him... that is just utter stupidity
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy