Email Scams. post the ones you receive here

Comments

• I tried to sell my bike again aand the same scam person sent me an email with exactly the same phone numbers as before. I rang him up and he couldn't understand me. here are the numbers. Feel free to ring him at any time. He claims his names are:
    1. Fred Peterson
    2. Bobby Ransom
    3. Ransom Bobby

Mobile Number:+07031843663
    Mobile Number:+07031845984
    Fax... Number:+080719942647
  • rayman
    rayman Posts: 4
    Received this one today. Yet another alias - caught the forum stuff as I did a Google search on the fax number he supplied. Will tell

James Andrew <jamesndrew_01@yahoo.com>

Hello,
    In Response to your advert offnet.I will like you to know that i
    amintrested in the advert will appreciate it if you could get back to me with your last asking Price and also with the Picture so that i can
    have aLook.
    Greetings
    James Drew
    Mobile Number:+447031843663
    Mobile Number:+447031845984
    Fax... Number:+4480719942647<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font face="Arial"></font id="Arial">

[;)] <font color="red">objects in your rear view mirror may appear closer than they actually are....</font id="red">
    [;)] <font color="red">objects in your rear view mirror may appear closer than they actually are....</font id="red">
  • Dude i just got that bloke! he's like james drew and stuuf can't speak english not very good, not fuzzed about any shiping costs coz they will just pick up, even tho he says he lives in scotland.

I know something you don't.
  • Think this might make people chuckle! they even tried to use a man and womens death to make it more believable!
    FROM MR JONAS KOROMAH
    AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING UNIT,
    FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPT,
    BANK OF AFRICA OUAGADOUGOU,
    BURKINA WEST AFRICA.

My Dear,

REQUEST FOR COOPERATION ON A PRIVATE BUSINESS DEAL.
    Every four years BANK OF AFRICA transfer to its treasury,millions of
    dollars
    of unclaimed Deceased Depositors Fund in compliance with the Banking
    Laws
    and Guidelines to the majority of cases, with reference to my bank-BANK
    OF
    FARICA, the money normally runs into several millions of dollars.Until
    the
    Late DR. GEORGE BRUMLEY death, along with his wife and their son and
    daughter in Kenya,East Africa,
    on a festive visit from Los Angeles.

(http://www.wral.com/news/2345844/detail.html)

I was his foreign currency denoted bank Account Manager with constant
    balance in excess of eight digits. Ever since his death and up till
    this
    time of writing no next of kin or relation of his has come forward to
    claim
    his money with us.Naturally, as long as Late DR. GEORGE BRUMLEY money
    remains unclaimed, the bank remainsricher in free funds with his money.

However, with me being in direct Auditing and Accounting Unit in the
    Foreign Remittance Department of my bank. I have all the neccessary
    informations that you will presents to the bank as a next of kin or
    relation
    of Late DR. GEORGE BRUMLEY.

Now the game plan and the purpose of my writing you exclusively having
    been
    highly recommended as then right and proper person to handle this deal
    by a
    Management Consultant friend of mine, who has travelled
    widely,including
    your country is that I want to pull out this unclaimed money amounting
    to
    U.S$7.2M (seven million two hundred United States dollars). with your
    cooperation and assistant by just doing the following:

(a) Provide your direct and private telephone/fax number
    for effective communication.
    (b) Give immediate reply to this E-mail for details on how
    to proceed.

Upon receipt of your response, I will send to you the text of
    Application
    you are required to forward to the Bank.For your cooperation and
    efforts 30%
    of the money will befor you as our foreign partner, while 70% will be
    for my
    colleague and myself that will eventually visit your country for
    disbursement of our portion. Send me your reply immediately you receive
    this
    message for more
    directives to my private e-mail:(jonaskoromah01@excite.com).

Looking forward to a mutual beneficial business relationship.

Best Regards,

Mr Jonas Koromah.
    jay drew
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
    West Africa.

Dearest One ,

Greetings to you and your family.

Please i will be very glad if you could take your time to read this letter and let me know your sincere capacity to be my guardian about my inherited money.

In details: I am Master Thomson Kato, the only son of late Chief Alfred Kato from the Republic of South Africa. I will be 22 years old this june 2006.

My father was a well established diamond and gold dealer in Johannesburg, South Africa. After 3 days he came back from a business meeting to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire he was mobbed and attacked by unknown gunmen on his way to his private warehouse on his routine inspections accompanied by my only little sister Nene, who died instantly from a gun shot.

And my father died after 5 days in a private hospital. While on his sick bed he disclosed to me that he deposited huge amount of money up to 6.8million American dollars in one of the big banks in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire indicating my name as his next of kin and heir to the money. He also told me during our conversations that in case he died of this attack i should look for a capable and trustworthy person who will take good care of me and will guide me in retrieving and investing this money wisely and to become useful in life.

Because of many wicked and frustrating ways of my Uncles back home in South Africa. I am here now in Abidjan and have located the bank where my father deposited the money and have successfully identified myself to them. But they refused to release the money to me insisting that i must present to them my legal guardian as demanded by my father's deposit agreement with them before they can release the money.

Please could you be my legal guardian by providing a safe bank account where this money will be safely transferred into for a very good and lucrative business in your country and also help in my relocation to your copuntry to stay with you for some time and to be able to comfortably finish my education.

I have made up my mind to compensate you with the 15% of the total money for your kind consideration and assistance.

In cheerful anticipation of your quick reply. Thanks and God bless.

Master Thomson Kato.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • big69
    big69 Posts: 1
    i nearly fell for this after telling my friend about it i soon stopted all contact with the scam artist and sent him a e-mail telling him what i thought of him , and now i keep geting emails of people trying it over and over again

I got your mail safely and i really appreciate ur efforts about the DMR TRYALSTAR Right now you know I'm going to ask my client to issue the check of œ4,000 in your name and you'll send the excess funds to my shipper via western union,for him to come for the pick up of the DMR TRYALSTAR at your location,I ll give you my shipping agent's datas as soon as the check clears into your bank account,i will gets to you my shipper data,He's handles my shipping arrangement.I will be giving ¶œ100 for your (efforts).my consumer want the DMR TRYALSTAR urgently,and they are earger to see it and help to take good proper
    care of it pls....
    I'll need your datas for the check to get to you
    soonest..
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    ZIP CODE..
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE NUMBER
    (HOME,OFFICE,CELL)
    Pls mail me today,to let me know what's good.
    I know I can trust you,
    Best Regard
  • Hi,

My name is Vladimir Roskov and I am in serious need of money to help pay for my sick mothers medicine. A donation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Vladimir

So I sent back:

Hello Vladimir,

If you want money...... sell your computer

<i>Originally posted by magnus</i>

Dont worry about his spelling he lives on a roundabout![/quote]<center>E-Mail Me</center>
    <center><font color="red">Part of the Left-handed CommunityT</font id="red"></center>
    Peasey<center>E-Mail Me</center>
    <center><font color="red">Part of the Left-handed CommunityT</font id="red"></center>
  • EVER HEARD OF....... DORIS WHITE, WALTAR MAUS, DUNN SMITH? THESE NICE PEOPLE OFFERED 3 TIMES THE ASKIING PRICE AND SEND THE REST TO THE SHIPPER... YEAH RITE AS IF IM WE'RE FALLING FOR THAT
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    here is another one.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The National Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    Liverpool, L70 1NL
    UNITED KINGDOM
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X2/70
    Batch: 074/05/ZY345

FINAL WINNING NOTIFICATION:

Dear Lucky Winner,

BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to notify you the draw (#1053) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,Online Sweepstakes International Lottery Program held on Saturday 21st January, 2006.Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished
    professionals drawn from Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of Africa, and North & South America as part of our international promotions programme conducted twice in a week to encourage prospective overseas entries. The internet emailing diea was used, since most people do are not able to purchase tickets and play outside the UK.
    We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.
    The result of our computer draw (#1053) selected your name and email address attached to e-ticket number: 56475612545 187 with Serial number 5368/03 drew the lucky numbers:

(15) (16) (19) (28) (38) (42) (20)BONUS BALL

which subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. match 6.You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £691,252 (Six hundred and ninety one thousand, two hundred and fifty two pounds sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/07.This is from a total cash prize of £2,073,756 (Two million, seventy three thousand, seven hundred and fifty six pounds sterling), to be shared by you and two others, in this category i.e. Match 6.You can check
    your winning by matching your lucky numbers on our result checking page in the link below
    http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/playe ... erStart.do Your prize award has been insured in your email and is ready for claims. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery
    Winners within a period of 21 days (date of this email inclusive) for the processing of your winning and remittance to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with.
    This promotion takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £691,252 (Six hundred and ninety one thousand, two hundred and fifty two
    pounds sterling) would be released to you by any of our payment offices in Europe.Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated period may be forfeited to the pool without further notice.Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the
    release of your funds as soon as you contact him. You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars presented below sending the batch and reference numbers and these informations below for quick verifications and release of funds. between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on
    Monday through Sunday

OVERSEAS CLAIMS UNIT.
    United Kingdom Lottery Fiduciary
    Contact Person: Mr. James Kelvin
    Email: overseaclaimunits@yahoo.com.hk

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of Proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Any lottery double claim dedected by our monitoring committee will lead to the Uk national lottery cancelling the winnings. making a loss for both the real
    winner, and the fake (intended) claimer.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    At your disposal, we remain.
    Very Truly Yours,
    Mrs. Calister Green.
    The National Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    Liverpool, L70 1NL
    UNITED KINGDOM

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.
    COPYRIGHT © 2006 ALL RIGHT RESERVED.

note the addys!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • yeah some one got me with that hoax i spent ages trying to prove to my bank and the polce i wasn't in on the fraud i would bother yourself with it

Scott
    Scott
  • Marshall
    Marshall Posts: 1,738
    Unbelievable, have just put my Cortina up for <b></b>sale on a local forum and within 10 minutes I get this:
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Hello Seller, Goodday To You It's a very nice to know
    this site that i finds what exactly i'm looking
    for!!!My Name is Mr olly and i have a very big
    intrested in buying ( item ),which i belived you will
    also be very happy to sell your Item for me,Now i'll
    be more glad if you can tell me the final price for it
    so that i can quickly make out payment to you..And the
    mode of the payment will be through cashier cheque so
    get back to me if you are also interested in selling
    your item to me.Thanks you very much for your
    understanding.and get back with the last price.
    thanks.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do these people really think I'm going to fall this crap, It's got scam written all over it. Anyways I've fired him an email telling him to go f<b></b>uc<i></i>k himself.

<font color="red"><i>Marshall</font id="red"></i>
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <center><b><font color="green">Please somebody</font id="green"> <font color="green"> sponsor me!</font id="green">
    <font color="blue">Tina:</b></font id="blue"><i><font size="1"><font color="blue">the village bike *facelift*</font id="blue"></i>
    <font color="green">MSN</font id="green"></font id="size1">

</center>
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • I`ve currently got a Muddy Fox syllabub in the MBUK reader ads. The following turned up in my inbox:

"Gooday,
    I was surfing through the web looking for a bike when i came across the advert you posted...I will like you to pls get back to me with the following informatuions about the bike:
    1.....The present condition
    2.....The last asking amount
    3....pictures of the bike
    I will await to hear from you soonext..
    Thanks
    Mark-Jones Davids"

Now I`ve put all that information in my ad, so being suspicious, I traced the originating IP address. The email had come from Dallas, USA. What`s he trying to achieve?!?!?
  • climber
    climber Posts: 413
    I have a new email address!

You can now email me at: spanishbonolottery@yahoo.com

Miercoles, 20/03/06

CALL LEGANES N§ 8

FUENLABRADA MADRID

www.bonoloto.combinacionganadora.com

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD..

BATCH: LPD/15/22X6/PTNL. REFERENCE: DLI/5361-ILGI0509/45

CONGRATULATIONS!

This is to inform you of the release of the BONO LOTO PRIMITIVA LOTTERY held on the 17TH MARCH 2006, and results were released on the 20TH MARCH 2006.Your email addres was attached to ticket number 085-12000077-09 with serial number 59990-0 that drew the lucky numbers of 03-05-12-14-28-38, which consequently won the lottery in the 1st category. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay of 1.600.000.00 Euros ( ONE MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND EUROS )in cash credited to file with REF: N§.XXS/3662367114/13.This is from a total cash prize of Euros 48,000,000.00 shared among the thirty international winners in this category.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Your fund is now secured and insured in your name. Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this award from public notice until your claims has been processed and the money remitted to your

account as this is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming of unwarranted taking advantage

of this program by participants as it has happened in the past.All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 names from Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North and South America, Middle East and Africa as part of our International Promotions Program.

We hope your lucky name will draw a bigger cash prize in the subsequent programs. To begin your lottery claims, please contact your claims agent below

MR DIMA CRISTIAN

DIRECTOR OF FOREIGN OPERATIONS

MEGA TRUST AGENCY

MADRID SPAIN

E-Mail:megatrustconsultansy@consultant.com

TeL:0034-605-340-733

Fax:0034-605-340-733

Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than 30TH MARCH 2006.Claims that are not made before the above date will be returned to the MINISTERIO DE ECONOMIA Y HACIENDA. And also be informed that 10% of your lottery winning belongs to (IBERO PROMOTION COMPANY S,A.) Because they are the company that bought your ticket and played the lottery on your name, NOTE this 10% will be remitted after you have received your winnings prize because the money is insured in

your name already.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference

and batch numbers in every correspondence with us or your claim agent. send to your agent your

Telephone & Fax number, your full name and residential address including your international passport or other valid identification proof. The processing of your payment will start immediately and your agent must send you fund processing form, which you must complete and return to them.Furthermore, should there be any change of address, please do inform your claim agent as soon as possible. A copy of your lucky Prize winning certificate and insurance will be sent to you by your claim agent prior to the transfer of your fund by our paying bank,

CONGRATULATION!!! Once again from all members of our

staff and thank you for being a part of our International promotions program. we wish you continued good fortunes.

Sincerely,

MRS. MONICA WALLACE

- BONO LOTO

<h2><font color="green">wh00p im rich </font id="green"></h2>
    not[V]

mail/msn docfunk@blueyonder.co.uk
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><center><i><b>Originally posted by Chasealex</b></i></center>
    <font size="1"><b><font color="red">If you\'d paid more attention at school and spent less time playing with your toes you might understand the subject at hand.</font id="red"></b></font id="size1"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    <center></center>
    <center><h6><font color="red"></font id="red"></h6></center>
    <center>Myspace</center>
  • Dear Partner,

I am writting this letter out of a genuine desperation to find a reliable partner in an unfolding transaction.I have been unjustly treated by my partner in an earlier transaction, so I seek your help, attention and genuine co-operation to our mutual benefit and I believe that you will not let down the trust and confidence I am about to repose on you.For the past ten years,I have been working for a public relations firm that pays me about two hundred dollars each month, plus little bonus based on my work input. On the 30th of June last year, our company made a very big financial breakthrough when we made contact with Alhaji Mabolo Dongo and began to supply him his cow medicines.

Alhaji Mabolo Dongo is the president of MABOLO DONGO FARMS, and is a millionaire farmer with animal farms at Chad, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Ghana, Benin and Togo with main offices in Cote d'Ivoire, and a new one located at Zimbabwe.Moreover,heis the greatest supplier of cattle beef and other dairy products to the whole of West Africa.

He had informed us about the huge amount of money he spends on the purchase of a particular but very important cattle medicine. Precisely, he buys US$5,000 per carton. He asked if our organisation can source for a cheaper supplier.We did market research and discovered that we can buy these medicine in Europe for US$2,000 per carton. We moved a proposal to Alhaji Dongo, to supply him at US$4,800 per carton which they accepted.

As these supplies progressed and our company was doing fine, I requested my boss to increase my salary. He was so upset that he sacked me without benefits after ten years of dedicated service. Though I was later called back when another kind-hearted senior staff protested against his action. During my moments of being sacked, which lasted for close to two months, I was so desperate that I went to the Dongo Farms and infomed Alhaji Mabolo Dongo that I have a foriegn contact that will be willing to supply him this same products at US$4,000 per carton.

He was very happy with this news, and in turn confided to me that he was about to place order for one thousand cartons following a suspected outbreak of disease in his farms. I assured him that my foriegn contact will be in the position to manufacture and supply to him; infact I convinced him that my former boss usually buys from my foriegn contact and that is why he sales to him at a higher price.

HOWEVER, I INFORMED ALHAJI DONGO THAT HE WILL HAVE TO PAY CASH IN ADVANCE BEFORE MY FORIEGN CONTACT WILL SUPPLY TO HIM.

For the moment he has stopped all contact with my boss.Please consider on how to handle this profitable project and kindly contact me immediately for details and negotiations as regards my commission. However,I will insist that my commission will be 20% of the total profit.You can use this email address:Note: We will buy one thousand carton at US$2,000,000.We sell to them at US$4,000,000. Our client pays cash before lifting of the goods. They must not know our purchase point in Europe.

Thanks and God bless you.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Komoh.

• nrparker
    nrparker Posts: 891
    at the moment i have my bike posted on readers adds and one guy has sent me an e-mail saying to send him some picture of the bike so i did and when it came to it he said he wanted it and wanted my adress to send the cheque to but then he told me a story that hes a british citizen working in russia and he would send a cheque of like œ2900 and i deduct the rest and give it to the shipping company but the weird thing is this happened last year when i was trying to sell it and i just didnt bother emailing back the second time and now a new email has arrived saying i am interested and could i ship it to russia (same story as the other 2 times)

so what can i do to tell if it is a genuine buyer and not be wasting my time or just a geek that sits at home annoying people because he knows nothing can happen to him behind a computer screen

cheers

mongoose
  • nrparker
    nrparker Posts: 891
    its ok i have sorted it by sending an angry email
    but the only problem is i dont know whether or not other people are time wasters now
    ill have to try ebay again

mongoose
  • ems
    ems Posts: 2
    Thanks for your mail and for getting back to me,the BIKE seem's great and I'm interested in purchasing it.Concerning the shipment,my shipper will come and pick it up from your location as soon as we seal this transaction and I WILL WAIT FOR THE CHEQUE TO CLEAR at your bank.A client of mine in the UK is owing me some funds(œ4000)I will instruct him to issue the cheque in your name and You will deduct the cost of the (BIKE)(œ1150) when the cheque clear at your bank and the remaining balance will be send back to my Shipper via western union money transfer for immediate shipping arrangment of the BIKE at your location once they get this they will contact you for the pick up.If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately with your information as listed below for me to instruct my client to issue the cheque in your name.Hope to hear from you soonest.

NAME :
    ADDRESS:
    CITY:
    STATE:
    POSTAL CODE:
    TEL NUMBER:MOBILE:

Best regards,
    James......

N.B,I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I WILL WAIT FOR THE CHEQUE TO CLEAR AT YOUR BANK BEFORE THE SHIPPER COME FOR THE PICK-UP AT YOUR LOCATION AND ALSO COMPENSATE YOU WITH œ50 FOR YOU TO CONSIDER IT SOLD TO ME AND REMOVE THE ADVERT FROM THE INTERNET.

Does this look like a scam e-mail to you?
    please reply i'm new to internet selling
  • mtb_mad
    mtb_mad Posts: 212
    Dear Mr/Mrs **** *******

We are committed to protecting you, with the latest technology to keep your details secure, and dedicated teams to monitor online activity and intercept any suspicious actions. And we do everything we can to protect our online customers, but the steps we take can be much more effective if you work with us to protect yourself.

03 April 2006 our security system detected an unsuccessfull access attempt to your online account from Ip address 81.190.253.29 that does not correspond to your current address:

20 ***** ***
    ipswich
    ip2 ***

Please click here to confirm your current address or change it online.

If you do not confirm your address until 10 April 2006 your account will be SUSPENDED for security reasons and we will send you an Activation Code by post which you will need to renew your online banking service access. You will receive this within seven days if your current address is not confirmed.

Yours sincerely

Adrian Grace
    Security Department
    Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited

Online Banking Guarantee | Privacy Policy
    Please do not reply to this e-mail

This is the third one ive had from "barclays". i always call barclays from the number on my bank statement to check if they are real, and they never are. i always send any scam mail that pretends to be a company to the company ts supposed to be from and ask them if its real or not. ive also had them from ebay asking to validate credit card details.

[:)]
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Respect your bruises, for they teach us how things should not be done.[B)]
  • In reply to nrparker`s query about sorting the wheat from the chaff... if you view the full headers of the email, it`ll tell you the originating IP address. Run this through a whois look-up (www.whois.net) and it`ll return the IP owners name, and their location. If they`re not from the UK, be suspicious! Tho` of course if they are in the UK, it could still be dodgy....
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I expect you've had this one before:

Hey it is Andy and john the directors of MSN, sorry for the interruption but
    msn is closing down. this is because too many inconsiderate people are
    taking up all the name (eg making up lots of different accounts for just one
    person), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your
    account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your
    account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no
    joke, we will be shutting down the servers. Send it on, thanks.
    WHO EVER DOES NOT SEND THIS MESSEAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED AND YOU
    WILL COST œ10.00 A MONTH TO USE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST.
    NOW YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS or REPLAY. COPY THE
    WHOLE EMAIL. GO BACK TO YOUR INBOX AND CLICK ON NEW. AND PASTE THANK YOU FOR
    YOUR ATTENTION
    hey everyone, i dont normally send this sort of stuff out but had a look on
    the internet and its actually true . On the 1st of november , we will have
    to pay for the use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message
    to at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't
    believe me then go to the site (
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1189119.stm ) and see for yourself.
    Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn dude
    will become blue. please copy and paste don't forward cos people won't take
    notice of it.

This is all crap. The link article is from 2001, so clearly not relevant. if you get it, don't forward it to 18 people, you'll just piss them off. How the hell will Hotmail know if you've forwarded that email? it just text. This is about the 4th different email i've had about hotmail supposedly closing down, i never do anything and my account is still open. Its all crap. don't bother unless it's actually from hotmail staff.

----

I did get a good one when I was selling my frame; the guy said he'd pay double what i wanted, despite the fact you could by a new one for that. Plus he was Dutch or something, and the email was hard to read.

She wasn't just a pretty face... she had great tits and a nice arse too.
  • mtb_mad
    mtb_mad Posts: 212
    Not exactly a scam because they dont request any information but I just get fecking fed up with getting these crappy bloody chain email things. They serve no purpose and waste bandwidth, aswell as giving out peoples email address to loads of people.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 9:43 PM
    Subject: Fw: PLEEEEEEEASE READ!!!!!! it was on the news!]

>"
    >> Subject: PLEEEEEEEASE READ!!!!!! it was on the news!]
    >>
    >>
    >>> Having read this , I imagine it has been around since
    >>> April Fools day., But, if you believe in the Easter
    >>> Bunny and such, perhaps You'll want to participate in
    >>> this.( I'm doing it under threat of no more home
    >>> cooked meals from My Daughter-in-Law)
    >>>
    >>> THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS
    >>> FOR REAL
    >>> Subject: PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!!
    >>> it was on the news!
    >>> This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel
    >>> will follow through with their promises for fear of
    >>> facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar
    >>> to the one filed by Pepsi Co against General Electric
    >>> not too long ago.
    >>> Dear Friends;
    >>> Please do not take this for a junk letter.
    >>> Bill Gates sharing his fortune.
    >>> If you ignore this, You will repent later.
    >>> Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet
    >>> companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet
    >>> Explorer remains the most widely used
    >>> program,Microsoft and AOL are running
    >>> an e-mail beta test. When you
    >>> forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and
    >>> will track it(If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For
    >>> a two weeks time period.
    >>> For every
    >>> person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft
    >>> will pay you $245.00 For
    >>> every person that you sent it to that forwards
    >>> it on, Microsoft will pay you
    >>> $243.00 and for every third person that receives
    >>> it,You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks,
    >>> Microsoft will contact you for your address and
    >>> then send you a check.
    >>> I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after
    >>> receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft
    >>> contacted me for my address an within days,
    >>> I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond
    >>> before the beta testing is
    >>> over. If anyone can afford this, Bill gates is
    >>> the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please
    >>> forward this to as many people as possible. You
    >>> are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not
    >>> going to help them out with their e-mail beta test
    >>> without getting a little something for our time. My
    >>> brother's girlfriend got in on this a few
    >>> > >months
    >>> > > > >>>>> > >>>ago.
    >>> > > > >>>>> > >>>When i
    >>> > > > >>>>> > >>>went to visit
    >>> > him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed me her check.
    >>> It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid
    >>> in full"
    >>> Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for
    >>> real.
    >>> Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would
    >>> make them the largest Internet company and in an
    >>> effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used
    >>> program,Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
    >>>
    >>> When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and
    >>> will track it( if you are a Microsoft Windows user)for
    >>> a two week time period.
    >>>
    >>> Try it; What have you got to lose !

<hr noshade size="1">
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • samurai1
    samurai1 Posts: 11
    been asked to let people know about this. its a gen scam. the jams.

F Y I

"If you receive a card through your door from a company call PDS

> (Parcel Delivery Service) saying that they have a parcel awaiting

> delivery instructions and can you contact them on 0906 6611911 DO NOT

> call the number as this is a mail scam originating from Belize If you

> call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will

> already have been billed

> ¶œ15

> for the phone call.

>

> If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal

> Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICTIS at <<http://www.icstis.org.uk>&gt;

> <http://www.icstis.org.uk&gt; or your local trading standards office.

>

> This is a genuine scam. ICTIS have the following information about this

> number. This is a card posted through your letter box from PDS Parcel

> Delivery suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and to

> call the premium rate number in question. This service costs ¶œ1.50 per minute.

> This service is under investigation by ICSTIS.

>

> Please be aware of this scam and forward this information to as many

> as possible.

> Should you receive a card from this company please follow the above

> instructions."

>

Raise money for the NSPCC whilst searching the web. Learn more with clickscount.co.uk
  • i ride a bike
    i ride a bike Posts: 313
    anyone else advertised stuff and been sent an e-mail saying they will swap? i got one, some guy wanted me to post to canada. said he would swap MY pair of evolve cranks for a pair of HFX mag's and an XT groupset? seemed wierd to me, couldnt be bothered to follow it up though. perhaps it was genuine, we'll never knowwwww.
    Drop it like its hawT
  • i ride a bike
    i ride a bike Posts: 313
    ooookaaaaayyyyy heres a beaut!!! I've been trying to sell my frame and all that for a few weeks now to no avail when i get this Laaaverly email:

Hello Jack
    I got your mail safely and i really appreciate ur efforts about the CANNONDALE
    CHASE FRAME JRT FORKS Right now you know I'm going to ask my client to issue
    the uk bankdraft check of œ4,500 in your name and you'll send the excess funds
    to my shipper via western union,for him to come for the pick up of the
    CANNONDALE CHASE FRAME JRT FORKS at your location,I ll give you my shipping
    agent's datas as soon as the uk bankdraft clears into your bank account,i will
    gets to you my shipper data,He's handles my shipping arrangement.I will be
    giving œ100 for your (efforts).my consumer want the CANNONDALE CHASE FRAME JRT
    FORKS urgently,and they are earger to see it and help to take good proper care
    of it pls....
    I'll need your datas for the bankdraft to get to you
    soonest..
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    POST CODE.
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE MOBILE NUMBER
    OFFICE,
    Pls mail me today,to let me know what's good.
    I know I can trust you,
    Best Regard
    Drop it like its hawT
  • DJIP
    DJIP Posts: 1,724
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bobmcstuff</i>

YOUR ATTENTION
    notice of it.

This is all crap. The link article is from 2001, so clearly not relevant. if you get it, don't forward it to 18 people, you'll just piss them off. How the hell will Hotmail know if you've forwarded that email? it just text. This is about the 4th different email i've had about hotmail supposedly closing down, i never do anything and my account is still open. Its all crap. don't bother unless it's actually from hotmail staff.

----

I did get a good one when I was selling my frame; the guy said he'd pay double what i wanted, despite the fact you could by a new one for that. Plus he was Dutch or something, and the email was hard to read.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you actually read that artical as well, it says you only have to pay if you get all the extras and hotmail will remain free

<center>my name is Heather [:)]
    </center>
    Little Purple Patriot :D
  • ginger spazz
    ginger spazz Posts: 281
    ive had one before- it was along the lines of-

if you send the forks to me i will send you the money when i receive them

or somethink like that-i might be ginger (lol) but im not that stupid

my pink bike album

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=108161
  • Daddy_Rob
    Daddy_Rob Posts: 21
    I particularly like this scam, might be real, might not be, I'm a sucker for these.

http://www.gatenbys.com/?r=58412
  • brooklynsrule
    brooklynsrule Posts: 391
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bobmcstuff</i>

YOUR ATTENTION
    notice of it.

----

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    i got like a billion of those emails in 2 weeks. it was so fu<u></u>cking annoying!

<hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red"><b><center>Part Of The Left Handed Community</center></b></font id="red">
    <font size="1"><u><font size="1"><font color="white">sa</font id="white"></font id="size1"></u><font size="1"><font color="white">m</font id="white"></font id="size1"> </font id="size1">
    <center><font size="1"><font color="pink">drool</font id="pink"></font id="size1"></center>
    <font size="1"><center><font color="black">its a piece of poo</font id="black"></center></font id="size1">
    <center><font color="purple"><font size="1">i <3 bikes</font id="size1"></font id="purple"></center>
    [:o)]
    <font face="Georgia"><b><font color="black"><center>This is Dry Toast. Hello Dry Toast.</center></font id="black"></b></font id="Georgia">
    LOLZ
  • rayli93
    rayli93 Posts: 65
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">ems email scam

Sounds like one to me not sure. I got the exact email just with a diffrent name and œ2000 pounds. Hmmm.. weird.
  • GavP3
    GavP3 Posts: 2
    Got the one today OFFERING ME œ100 OVER THE ASKING PRICE FOR MY BIKE, ASKING TO CLEAR A CHEQUE FOR AROUND œ4000, and for all my contact details - person was using the name James Waynes, see below:

<i>Hello
    I got your mail and i really appreciate ur efforts about the DMR TRAILSTAR MK 2 Right now am going to instruct my client to issue certified UK BANKDRAFT of œ4,600 the certified UK BANKDRAFT can be deposite in your bank and it's will take 3 to 4 working days for the bank draft to clears into your account hope you understand.Now, i will ask him to issued you the above amount in your name and you'll send the excess funds to my shipper via western union,for him to come for the pick up of the DMR TRAILSTAR MK 2 at your location,I' ll give you my shipping agent's datas as soon as the UK BANKDRAFT clears into your bank account,i will gets to you my shipper data for the western union so that he can receive the balance after 2&3 days it's will be at your location for the pick up,He's handles my shipping arrangement.I will be giving œ100 for your (efforts).my consumer want the DMR TRAILSTAR MK 2 urgently,and they are earger to see it and help to take good proper care of it pls....
    I'll need your datas for the check to get to you
    soonest..
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    POST CODE.
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE MOBILE NUMBER
    OFFICE, NUMBER
    Pls mail me today,to let me know what's good. I know I can trust you, Best Regard</i>

i love that. 'I know I can trust you'

G