Cyclocross 2023/24 **Contains spoilers**

12345679»

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170

Yeah, considering how 'niche' CX is, it does particularly well for media coverage.....Gets far more media coverage than any of the MTB disciplines......

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198

Is still going...

Lille races: guess who might win the women's? But men's is a good watch, 3 up front, who will win...

• Brussels on Sunday. Always a signal that Omloop is a week away

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160

This current race looks seriously tough.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Did organisers of cx races pay heed to complaints about the excessive numbers of sharp turns that were apparently causing back issues? It seems to me that there were fewer this season or is this just me?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Really enjoyed 2023/2024.

Not least because I got to Gavere.

I think Eli Iserbyt gets strong and better each winter and I would love to see him properly compete with MVdP WVA and TP during their seasons.

I hope Laurens Sweeck will be back on song next winter.

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170

I wonder if Eli could get better if he was on a WT team? I know it's not likely, but more and more CX riders are on teams affiliated to a WT team. Leonie Bentveld (and Zemanova) is another - all her rivals are on WT teams with better resources.....

Nys is a good example; had a summer racing with Lidl-Trek and hit the ground running winning some races before a mid season slump.

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

Don't think he has the raw watts to compete when WVA and MvdP are racing. Even Pidcock hardly ever wins with them present in CX.

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023