Cyclocross 2023/24 **Contains spoilers**

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Good race in the men's U23; Michels, Verstrynge, Lelandais.....

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    edited November 2023
    Cameron Mason had a great ride for silver in the elite, won by Vanthourenhout with Van der Haar third

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Outstanding ride from Mason. Took up the chase, no one would work with him so went again. Held a tight lead over the Dutch and had enough in the tank to put another 10 seconds into third on the last lap. Very impressive.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • andyrac
    And he got held up at the start and was shuffled backwards......by the time he reached the leaders MVTH had already gone and gained approx 25 secs.

These performances will gain ranking points, and soon have him starting up at the front....and then we may see a really big result.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Zoe B is going to end up with a lot of jerseys isn't she across Cyclocross and TTs
  • andyrac
    Junior World Champion (CX, XCO) Isabella Holmgrem has stepped up to the Elites, and won the Pan-American championships, beating Honsinger by 50 secs.
    The men's was an all US podium, with the win for Eric Brunner.

And while not in the same category, the West Midlands league women's race featured, 3 of Trek's off-road stars; Richards, Harnden & Moseley....
  • andyrac said:

And while not in the same category, the West Midlands league women's race featured, 3 of Trek's off-road stars; Richards, Harnden & Moseley....

I see Evie's lasting well - still U23 after all these years ;)
  • andyrac
    Another World Cup, this time Dendermonde, in Belgium....a flattish, dull course.....not the most inspiring course.

In other news, there's trouble ahead for the World Cup....Nys, Lars et al have all said it's too many rounds....and they'll miss ones that don't suit their requirements.
    Now, it's reported UCI President is threatening people who don't prioritise it with a World championship ban.......

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/109114/cc-david-lappartient-chaque-coureur-doit-jouer-le-jeu

The MTB World Cup has approx 8 rounds per discipline - why do Flanders Classics think a much smaller/regional sport can support 14 rounds? Madness...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    andyrac said:

Another World Cup, this time Dendermonde, in Belgium....a flattish, dull course.....not the most inspiring course.

In other news, there's trouble ahead for the World Cup....Nys, Lars et al have all said it's too many rounds....and they'll miss ones that don't suit their requirements.
    Now, it's reported UCI President is threatening people who don't prioritise it with a World championship ban.......

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/109114/cc-david-lappartient-chaque-coureur-doit-jouer-le-jeu

The MTB World Cup has approx 8 rounds per discipline - why do Flanders Classics think a much smaller/regional sport can support 14 rounds? Madness...

€€€€€
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I bet they make more cold hard cash off of CX than XC...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    The Superprestige round on Saturday. Not the most interesting of races, but I'm fairly sure I spotted a Hippo hiding in the mud on one stretch.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    JimD666 said:

The Superprestige round on Saturday. Not the most interesting of races, but I'm fairly sure I spotted a Hippo hiding in the mud on one stretch.

Marie Schreiber's face plant in the mud was a thing of beauty. Interesting that more of the leading women were riding the big drop than the men
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Lars popping his shoulder back in😱
  • andyp
    r0bh said:

JimD666 said:

Marie Schreiber's face plant in the mud was a thing of beauty. Interesting that more of the leading women were riding the big drop than the men
    The hole at the bottom of the descent became too deep towards the end of the women's race, as Schrieber amply demonstrated. Given the next section had everyone off and running, it was no slower to get off and run, and that reduced the risk of going over the bars.
  • r0bh
    andyp said:

r0bh said:

JimD666 said:

The hole at the bottom of the descent became too deep towards the end of the women's race, as Schrieber amply demonstrated. Given the next section had everyone off and running, it was no slower to get off and run, and that reduced the risk of going over the bars.
    Laurens Sweeck and the Spanish fella rode it every lap without incident, though
  • andyp
    r0bh said:

andyp said:

r0bh said:

JimD666 said:

Laurens Sweeck and the Spanish fella rode it every lap without incident, though
    Apart from that time when Sweeck had to bail out just after the top and somehow managed to stay upright...
  • That was nerve shredding... I thought he was going over the bars
  • seanoconn
    Where’s Cam Mason this weekend?
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,537
    at home in sunny Scotland
  • webboo
    Where was Michael Vanthoufenhout this weekend.
  • andyrac
    He's had a stomach complaint.....
  • seanoconn

Resting? Injured?
  • seanoconn
    andyrac said:

He's had a stomach complaint.....

Again!?
  • r0bh
    seanoconn said:

Resting? Injured?
    Resting. Well, if you consider a 95 mile ride in the Scottish Borders resting
  • webboo
    r0bh said:

seanoconn said:

Resting? Injured?
    Resting. Well, if you consider a 95 mile ride in the Scottish Borders resting
    Clearly did him some good as he was third today and the first three were only separated by a few second’s. I don’t think Michael Vanthourenhout will be riding Dublin tomorrow as he had a bit of an ouch moment.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    Mens' Dublin WC is a (well mucky) good watch. No spoilers 😊
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Mens' Dublin WC is a (well mucky) good watch. No spoilers 😊

Not one for the smaller lighter guys by the look of it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Some great face plants in the mud this season.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    TOM PIDCOCK'S 2023-24 CYCLOCROSS SCHEDULE

December 16 - X2O Trofee Herentals
    December 17 - UCI World Cup Namur
    December 23 – UCI World Cup Antwerp
    December 26 – UCI World Cup Gavere
    December 28 – Superprestige Diegem
    December 30 – UCI World Cup Hulst
    January 4 – X2O Trofee Koksijde
    January 6 - Hexia Cyclocross Gullegem