2023 Tour de France Femmes, 23rd-30th July ***Spoilers***

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    AvV cracks.
    Biggest threat is Lotte flipping Vingegaard.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • This fog is gonna vastly improve La Mongie
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Ride your temp Kasia
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Vollering steam roller
  • mididoctors
    Suffering on a bike
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Niewiadoma coming back?
  • mididoctors
    Kasia time?
  • Pross
    No, dodgy graphics
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Nope, bogus time gap
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2023
    The commentators digging deep into their suitcase full of hyperbole.
  • Pross
    Sticking a big mountain stage the day before a TT is probably not the best way to get aggressive action in hindsight.
  • mididoctors
    Dark.up there
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Crackin' scenery Gromit.
  • Is that Dani Rowe on comms? Utterly awful monotone hyperbole
  • blazing_saddles

Is that Dani Rowe on comms? Utterly awful monotone hyperbole

It is.
    My guess is that Eurosport have told her to try to be more like Kirby and Hatch and she's gone a bit over the top with the superlatives.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

It is.
    My guess is that Eurosport have told her to try to be more like Kirby and Hatch and she's gone a bit over the top with the superlatives.
    Marty McFly did use Wittermouth's trademarked 'gnarly' earlier.
  • mididoctors
    AvV looks annihilated
  • mididoctors
    They all went deep
  • mididoctors
    Kopecky close tomAvV on GC
  • jgsi
    I think Lotte was a bit fooked.... But that was a ride
  • jgsi
    Kas , say it girl...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

It is.
    Marty and Dani are always this bad. At least every sentence didn't have the word "watts" in it today.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    I enjoyed it
  • Pross
    At least the women have the decency to sound knackered after they finish.
  • mididoctors
    It was a massive error to attack on the aspin
  • mididoctors
    Glorious silhouette vision
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Ah Dammit, I'd avoided the result but had it spoiled at about 5km to go...

Well done Demi....again....I s'pose....humph...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2023
    Niewiadoma was pushing out 250 watts on the Tourmalet according to her power meter. She's 49kg so thats around 5watts per kg.

Pity about the fog but at least there wasn't a hail storm.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • blazing_saddles

I enjoyed it

I didn't. I found it rather underwhelming.
    Waited all week for a GC battle between the big two on the Tourmalet and it lasted precisely 30 seconds. After that: total annihilation of the field by Vollering.

AvV left her legs in Italy. The rest are in a different league.

Only Niewiadoma was able to cast some light onto the Tourmalet fog of failed war.
  • mididoctors
    GC battle from my pov lasted from the aspin to the line or to the point vollering attacked .... The whole stage was more contested than I imagined .