2023 Tour de France Femmes, 23rd-30th July ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    AvV should not have attacked
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Does Dani Rowe think the climb is dead straight into a headwind?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Champion Haribo rider , why is you riding, sit on. ...
  • mididoctors
    No one crash please
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    Cas putting on pressure
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    edited July 2023
    Vollering leaves a gap and won't close it, AvV has to ride

Meanwhile Niewiadoma sails away...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    Go on Cas
  • mididoctors
    Vollering is letting the race go up.thr road ...... LOL
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Trackstands going downhill as Kasia gets over 30 seconds
  • jgsi
    Talk about peloton politics.....go, go my Haribo hero..
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    It’s a proper slow bike race between the big two. I’d love it if Niewiadoma wins the race here while they mess around.
  • mididoctors
    That was awesome
  • mididoctors
    Vollering need kopecky
  • mididoctors
    They needed to work back sooner ...won't be any help on the tourmalet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    And the yellow catches the two slow-bikers.
  • jgsi
    I think it was after Stage 4, Matt Stevens interviewed Kasia...but she had stuffed an entire bag of Haribo into her mouth....
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Cecilie gets dropped as they hit the foot of the climb. She's breaking my heart, she's shaking my confidence daily.
  • Pross
    I’m struggling with the logic of getting a lead of over a minute then sitting up for ages letting them recatch you and bring others back into contention.

Matt Stephens going through the climb details that directly contradicted one of the commentators earlier who said it starts steeper then gets easier. I did wonder what she was talking about.
  • jgsi
    edited July 2023
    Vos abandons
  • mididoctors
    Vos abandons ...not her year
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gap down to 30"

Looks like SD Worx might have played this right, AvV less so
  • mididoctors
    Reusser doing a job
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Wout van Kopecky.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    AvV should jump onto Kasia
  • Pross

Gap down to 30"

Looks like SD Worx might have played this right, AvV less so

Still not convinced. Reusser will pull them back to Niewiadoma but surely can’t do much more, Kopecky has done well to still be here but I don’t see her adding much and now there are an extra few rivals for the stage and GC that they’d previously dropped.
  • mididoctors
    I don't think she has it
  • mididoctors
    She's drifting away
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

Cecilie gets dropped as they hit the foot of the climb. She's breaking my heart, she's shaking my confidence daily.

Very good, except it wasn't Cecilie getting dropped. She's still in the AvV/Vollering group
  • mididoctors
    Not another stage with no reception
  • jgsi
    As it gets steeper....