TDF 2023: Stage 14:- Annemasse to Morzine, 152km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,870
    Petit still down on the road
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,968
    Pog is a pretty lucky rider
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,778
    Looks like being two withdrawals now but wouldn’t be surprised if a few others drop out later. I can see someone trying to neutralise the rest of the stage.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Movistar rider looks like he’ll be out and Wanty rider with a really bad gash on his leg.

Meintjes I think
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Maybe just one out for now as the Wanty rider is back on.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166

Pross said:

Movistar rider looks like he’ll be out and Wanty rider with a really bad gash on his leg.

Meintjes I think
    Adrian Petit
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,133

Don't like the sound of Adam Hansen has been negotiating with the uci about the final descent.

Sounds like signs, catch nets and surface been repaired so sensible measures. Acoustic warnings too - interesting.
    Given what happened in the Tour de Suisse less than a month ago, I think sensible precautions are the minimum race organisers should take. Hansen rode the descent last week and flagged a number of issues to ASO, which they accepted and did something about. Which is laudable.

The work he's been doing is fantastic, he's really demonstrated the power that the riders have collectively.
  • Pross
    Not sure I’ve ever seen a race neutralised after a crash before. I guess it was due to it being so early.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

Meintjes I think
    Adrian Petit
    Yeah
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a race neutralised after a crash before. I guess it was due to it being so early.

Cancellara neutralising the peloton after that slippy descent .... Not official though

• mididoctors
    They need to get these lads moving
  • Pross
    Taking an age to get re-started. All that warming up going out the window.
  • Pross
    Petit could at least take the chance to get some fresh shorts.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    Pross said:

A few years back there was a stage in Brittany/Normandy that was neutralised early on as they ran out of ambulances after a big crash
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,133
    Reports that Hindley came down in the crash.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    DK TV saying it's because alll the doctors are currently treating people
  • Pross
    A cut on the back of the hand is a new one for me.
  • Pross
    I keep worrying one of the riders sitting on the parapet will fall backwards. Surprised it hasn’t sent Carlton into full panic mode.
  • blazing_saddles
    Well this is taking quite a long time, given there appears to have been only a handful of injuries and one ambulance evacuee.
  • Pross
    Meintjes out with collarbone
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Pross said:

A few years back there was a stage in Brittany/Normandy that was neutralised early on as they ran out of ambulances after a big crash
    That's the one I was thinking of, neutralised because they ran out of doctors to stay with the race
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166

RichN95. said:

Pross said:

Meintjes I think
    Adrian Petit
    Yeah
    But Meintjes also injured and abandons - collarbone
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    Intermarché - Circus - Wanty lose their main billboard man, with "tail gunner" Meintjes out with a broken collarbone.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Meintjes and Pedrero abandons
  • Pross
    Up and running again.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,853
    edited July 2023
    Hope ITV4 will extend live coverage if that ~30min delay runs over their planned schedule!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Pross
    They need a 20 minute neutralised section at 45kph behind the car now to get their legs going but back racing now at the foot of a climb with a break trying to form.
  • Pross
    Could be a huge break going away here but too big surely?
  • Pross
    Just about closed but a few clipping off the front. O’Connor going clear.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746

Don't like the sound of Adam Hansen has been negotiating with the uci about the final descent.

Sounds like signs, catch nets and surface been repaired so sensible measures. Acoustic warnings too - interesting.
    Catch nets are good.
    Not sure about the early acoustic warning system.
    Yes I wrote the sensible bit before I heard about the acoustic warnings !

My main worry was they'd somehow neutralise the descent.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]