TDF 2023: Stage 10:- Parc Vulcania to Issoire, 167km ***Spoilers***

1235»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Break has regained over a minute since the WVA / MVDP 'attack'. Quite funny that MVDP just decided to sit up and leave Wout on his own. Ineos taking up the work as it becomes apparent that Kwiato isn't going to win and Blibao starts threatening Pidcock's position.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Ineos driving the peloton slower than the riders at the front of the race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    MVDP back through the bunch, out the back and then unable to even help Philipsen. Really don't get what they were doing.
  • Pross

Ineos driving the peloton slower than the riders at the front of the race.

Despite the grimace on Martinez's face.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Jonas on the wheel.of ineos looking for a quick jump.off pidcock ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Pross said:

MVDP back through the bunch, out the back and then unable to even help Philipsen. Really don't get what they were doing.

Really strange
  • mididoctors
    daniel_b said:

MvdP told to abort?

By himself if no one else
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Bilbao chasing five making some headway on the descent, 19Km left and ~20sec gap.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • blazing_saddles
    Chaves is messing up the chase.
    He no sooner gets his nose in the wind that he pulls over.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    edited July 2023
    8Km to go, 15sec to Bilbao chasers, 30secs to Alaphilippe group. Road levelling out, time running out.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Smashing racing
  • blazing_saddles
    Bilbao is a class act.
  • mididoctors
    What a day on the tour
  • Pross
    Very good stage. Sprinters will be safe, they have 42 minutes to play with.
  • Pross
    Yet another 'stage for the ages' according to Hatch. He really does need to stop with that, it was an exciting day on what looked an unpromising stage but probably not even the best of this Tour so far.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    It was fun.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Not sure the highlights package captured the early chaos suggested by the thread...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Impossible to edit down ....the only bit that was like a race was the last 50 k
  • mididoctors
    That was the most massive effort for no short term gain ever .... Will it fatigue the race to the point the peloton falls apart
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Yet another 'stage for the ages' according to Hatch. He really does need to stop with that, it was an exciting day on what looked an unpromising stage but probably not even the best of this Tour so far.

It was the most bizarre non stop attempt to make a break ever ... Took 100k to get a shape and no one agreed on what the break was till 35 to go
  • mididoctors
    They did not stop racing
  • mididoctors
    There was next to no point people were not trying to bridge or selection the group the whole day
  • mididoctors
    Stage 20 is going to be looked at differently
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    I did think it seemed a bit harsh to criticise the commentators for not having a clue what was happening, when I'm not sure many of the riders did either.
  • blazing_saddles

Stage 20 is going to be looked at differently

133kms of shark’s teeth.
    The last 25 kms has a combined 17kms of +8% climbing and a downhill.
    Eyeballs out job.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Ok saw the highlights and caught up on the thread.

Bilbao was ice cold. Baller behaviour.

Wtf were Jumbo and especially WvA up to.

Absolutely no need to ride that hard in the final 100km and why was WvA chasing potatoes.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Presumably because he’s off tomorrow?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448

Presumably because he’s off tomorrow?

I've not seen it, but apparently Vingegaard was asked about this after the stage and said WVA is not leaving the race.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    ...he hopes, desperately...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver