TDF 2023: Stage 10:- Parc Vulcania to Issoire, 167km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    Gaudu 2 mins down now lol.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Carnage
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2023
    MvdP in the bus lol.

Edit; Gaudu group (might as well be)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    edited July 2023
  • kingstongraham

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Hope ITV4 might do a quick recap of this brutal start, when coverage agonisingly begins at 1345!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Asgreen doing his best to tear a group away, stil plenty trying to get over to it though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    This is a lumpy sprint stage right? I mean, I've picked Pedersen on PTP but wasn't confident Philipsen wouldn't still be up there.
  • rick_chasey
    Cliche about some riders enjoying post-rest day racing, and others not is still valid.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    JV trying to let the break go
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    I'd better leave the TV for now or I'll be cleaning up puddles from the dogs.
  • The best sounds in cycling:

A newly lubed chain
    the ITV TdF music
    Carlton saying: "I'm going to take a break now"
  • mididoctors

Cliche about some riders enjoying post-rest day racing, and others not is still valid.

QI KLAXXONS 🚨🚨🚨
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey

3 mins now.
  • rick_chasey
    Road is too wide to block it and force a move to go.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

3 mins now.

Looks like the baton of French Hopefulness has been thrown backwards at speed to Gaudu today

• mididoctors
    Ben o Conner needs something
  • rick_chasey
    JA absolutely blowing, bright red like a tomato, after he gets onto the Ben O'Connor group.
  • kingstongraham
    Pross said:

This is a lumpy sprint stage right? I mean, I've picked Pedersen on PTP but wasn't confident Philipsen wouldn't still be up there.

In theory, but there's still 16km of classified climbs at 5-6% - at this pace the next climb will get rid of them all.
  • rick_chasey

Ben o Conner needs something

Yeah, better legs.
  • mididoctors
    There is no structure to this race
  • mididoctors
    JA. Struggling to.hold the wheel
  • kingstongraham
    Both Yates in the Gaudu group.
  • mididoctors
    Perez doing nothing as usual .. fdj clawing their way back
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Jakobsen already 11 minutes down on the head of the race, for anyone wondering what this pace is doing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Jakobsen already 11 minutes down on the head of the race, for anyone wondering what this pace is doing.

DK TV are starting to do the calculations
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    DK TV reporting possibility of summer storms inc. hail towards then end of the stage
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    The Gaudu group has rejoined the peloton, it did so before the intermediate sprint, mainly thanks to the work of FDJ and DSM.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gaudu group are back. Stefan Küng earnt his paycheck today
  • kingstongraham
    It's very pretty, isn't it. Nothing beats the camera work in the Tour