TDF 2023: Stage 8:- Libourne to Limoges, 201km ***Spoilers***

1235»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    edited July 2023
    I think Laporte screwed it up for WvA.

Slowed down too much or didn’t accelerate enough; either way, meant WvA got swamped and lost position.

WvA came back fairly fast, albeit in the wheels to suggest he probably had the legs to compete for the win at least.

Also, pretty impressive showing by Philipsen. Not his finish at all and push Mads all the way.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

Tomorrow's stage - I've been up the Puy de Dome on foot and with the railway taking half the road it's pretty narrow. Just wondering if a) it'll be a bunch coming into it and b) if spectators are allowed.

Beautiful part of France though and good cycling country.

Commentary team here said last 4 km of the stage up Puy de Dome will be no spectators allowed, and not even the team cars etc, just race vehicles I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

De la Cruz gives a decent English interview

He rode for Sky for a few years, and Quick Step were mostly English speaking during his time there
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

I think Laporte screwed it up for WvA.

Slowed down too much or didn’t accelerate enough; either way, meant WvA got swamped and lost position.

WvA came back fairly fast, albeit in the wheels to suggest he probably had the legs to compete for the win at least.

Also, pretty impressive showing by Philipsen. Not his finish at all and push Mads all the way.

I think MVDP is partly culpable for blocking WVA in as well. Just as Wout was going to go left of Laporte, Mathieu comes across to the right, blocking the way