TDF 2023: Stage 8:- Libourne to Limoges, 201km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,781
    Am I the only one who finds Cav difficult to distinguish from the green jersey in overheads?

Break forming of all the main sprinters!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,970
    edited July 2023
    Initiate plan gamma
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Alpecin keen to press on.
  • Pross
    Cav and Philipsen not keen to carry on.
  • mididoctors
    This is going to keep the peloton nervous
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Caused a split on the bunch and a suggestion of a crosswind.
  • Pross
    Fun and games over for now but that livened things up briefly.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,853
    Ooo some action, Mvdp and a load of sprinters breakaway after intermediate sprint and Jumbo aren't happy, trying to chase them down.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Pross
    Beautiful part of the country.
  • mididoctors
    WvA wants the stage
  • mididoctors
    Tim & co are going to make this hard
  • mididoctors
    Will JV want this extra work ?
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    Pross said:

Used to live just south of here in the summers racing ...touring and roofing expats tumbled down farms they bought .. 10k could get you an abandoned farm ..stables barns and house in 1992

• mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    DIY chateau but less ambitious and more cycling
  • Pross

Pross said:

Used to live just south of here in the summers racing ...touring and roofing expats tumbled down farms they bought .. 10k could get you an abandoned farm ..stables barns house in 1992

My old work mentor loved Limousin and always planned on moving there when he retired. Unfortunately for him now he’s retired family matters have meant it never became a reality. Not a part of France I’ve visited but might give it a go on my next trip.
  • Pross
    I keep thinking Turgis is Sagan. Really don’t know how commentators identify riders in big groups when I can’t do it in a group of three!
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Used to live just south of here in the summers racing ...touring and roofing expats tumbled down farms they bought .. 10k could get you an abandoned farm ..stables barns house in 1992

My old work mentor loved Limousin and always planned on moving there when he retired. Unfortunately for him now he’s retired family matters have meant it never became a reality. Not a part of France I’ve visited but might give it a go on my next trip.
    It's ok not my fave part was super cheap ....not anymore

.we would go to Pyrenees and ride the cols ahead of the tour each year

....there are tumbled down properties in vercors and the Dromê I fancy ...but brexit etc

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911

Pross said:

Pross said:

....there are tumbled down properties in vercors and the Dromê I fancy ...but brexit etc

Vercors is a lovely area. So many spectacular balcony roads and generally really quiet for riding.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,398

Geology stuff is a good addition by itv

*Grumble*
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Sneaky jumbo attack for GC is not impossible...
  • Pross

Pross said:

Pross said:

I know so little of France. I’ve done northeast Brittany a couple of times, my home town’s twin town near Cholet, the Loire around Saumur, Dordogne and the Ardeche which is the part I really loved.
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    phreak said:

Pross said:

Pross said:

Vercors is a lovely area. So many spectacular balcony roads and generally really quiet for riding.
    It's a cycling secret ...for real secret riding the hills and mountains south of the D93 down to nyon and into Provence are amazingly empty

Love it round there ...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,870
    Cav down and probably out!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Cav collar bone
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Oh FFS
  • mididoctors
    FFFFFFGFFFFFFFF!
  • Pross
    Cav down and looks like collarbone
  • mididoctors
    Not to be I guess
  • Pross
    Absolute nothing crash with no-one else getting a scratch.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,870
    Cav abandons
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.