TDF 2023: Stage 2:– Vitoria-Gasteiz to San Sebastian, 209km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391
    You could see Lafay winding it up from the back but the rest seemed to completely miss it until he got clear.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,423

Finish line really not clearly marked judging from the TV piccies

Think the finish line was right across a zebra crossing
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900
    RichN95. said:

The first Cofidis stage win for over 50 years

C',est le LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,420
    Pross said:

Pross said:

What is it about Jumbo leaders being wheelsuckers who won't work?

Wout just behind for stage win.
    Whilst that is true, Jonas had the chance to fight for the stage win.
    Wout won't hold back for Jonas if roles reversed.
    But it's not just been today.
    Risk / reward not really falling right though. Higher chance of Wout winning the sprint from a group that size that Jonas staying away with Pog and beating him in a sprint with the extra matches burnt.
    Pog is clearly going to outsprint Vingegaard isn't he, so what's the point.

Vingegaard needs to attack on terrain that suits him, not terrain that suits his opponent. Anyone suggesting he should do otherwise is being silly.
  • mididoctors

Finish line really not clearly marked judging from the TV piccies

Odd wasn't it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Wout pips Pog for second. Pidcock 5th?

Think so

• bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Why do they keep going back to the Alaphillipe group?

🤔🇨🇵
  • mididoctors
    Lafay was FAST
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited July 2023

Vingegaard not prepared to do a tap for WVA.

It’s clear Jonas won’t do any work this tour and just stare at Pogacar his as-s all the time.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,329
    Despite an unpromising set up that finish somehow provided the most amusing result possible. Glorious stuff.
  • Pross

Lafay was FAST

Couldn’t believe the gap he had by time they cut to the overhead. Wilco just watched him go.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711

Pross said:

Pross said:

Risk / reward not really falling right though. Higher chance of Wout winning the sprint from a group that size that Jonas staying away with Pog and beating him in a sprint with the extra matches burnt.

Vingegaard needs to attack on terrain that suits him, not terrain that suits his opponent. Anyone suggesting he should do otherwise is being silly.
    When the time comes, let's hope that Wout is there to give him a hand.... o:)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock 4th Bilbao 5tj
  • Pross

Pross said:

Pross said:

When the time comes, let's hope that Wout is there to give him a hand.... o:)
    I was just thinking he may find he doesn’t have good climbing legs this year.
  • r0bh
    Pog taking the mick out of WvA's reaction
  • Pross

Pross said:

Pross said:

Well, one of them was Zest after all.
  • mididoctors
    zest28 said:

It’s clear Jonas won’t do any work this tour and just stare at Pogacar his as-s all the time.
    It's a plan

• bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Pross said:

Well, one of them was Zest after all.
    Well yes, I was going to reply to the comment but then I deleted it after spotting the name!

WvA is a professional, it's not Vingers fault that he didn't win today.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633
    RichN95. said:

Errrrrr... Have I been in a coma for approx 35 years? I mean I'm used to getting freaked out by how long ago various bands put out their first record, but 50 years?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    r0bh said:

Pog taking the mick out of WvA's reaction

Yeah that was fun to see ...
  • mididoctors
    57kmh!
  • mididoctors
    zest28 said:

It's a plan

• mididoctors

RichN95. said:

Errrrrr... Have I been in a coma for approx 35 years? I mean I'm used to getting freaked out by how long ago various bands put out their first record, but 50 years?
    Think it was a joke
  • r0bh

57kmh!

Last 15km, a lot of which was downhill
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,247

RichN95. said:

I wasn’t being serious

Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    r0bh said:

57kmh!

Last 15km, a lot of which was downhill
    I was trying to.work out what that stat meant. Average ?..speed cross the line ???

• mididoctors
    Pross said:

Lafay was FAST

Couldn’t believe the gap he had by time they cut to the overhead. Wilco just watched him go.
    Yeah Keldeman was already nailed on the rivet....he had no answer to lafay

• mididoctors

RichN95. said:

2008 apparently
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862
    edited July 2023
    You get the feeling that if Vingers finished the tour 10th and Pog finished 11th he'd consider it job done.

Is there a Carlos Sastre in the peloton?
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body