Giro 2023: Stage 20: Tarvisio – Monte Lussari 18.6 km ITT Half Flat, Half Cliff ***Spoilers***

Comments

• What a flipping bike race!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Ah nuts..... :(

Shouldnt have watched live, sorry Wales...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Rubbish, bollocks to the Giro
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    gutting
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    G's age catching up with him there I reckon 😪
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Congrats Rog, commiserations G.
    Chaingate spiced it up
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Well always next year
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Chase the time bonuses tomorrow!

Bad bike change / helmet change and mechanical pretty much balanced out I reckon
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Primoz the least emotional of his whole team...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bianchi_dave
    Huge chapeau to Roglic, that was an incredible ride
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Not unhappy at that.
    Would have been equally happy had it gone the other way

The question is, does Roglic get a place now in the @RichN95. Hall of Fame
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Roglic would have crushed it without the mechanical
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    edited May 2023
    I reckon that bit of extra effort at the end yesterday may have done the damage there.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Dunbar slips to 7th Overall
    Pinot into 5th
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Well how dramatic
  • mididoctors

G rode a perfect race to maximise his ability ... Ineos RODE FANTASTICALLY. he came 2nd in that tt
  • Pross
    Kuss must have been thinking ‘can’t you do anything without me?’ when he saw the mechanical. He won Roglic the race on that day Almeida attacked.
  • mididoctors
    SEP kuss looks like a thunderbird jerry Anderson character
  • bianchi_dave

G rode a perfect race to maximise his ability ... Ineos RODE FANTASTICALLY. he came 2nd in that tt
    Not knocking him at all, just the accumulated fatigue will have affected him more than a few years ago
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Were any Giros closer than that?
  • bianchi_dave

SEP kuss looks like a thunderbird jerry Anderson character

Skinny Wout!
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

I reckon that bit of extra effort at the end yesterday may have done the damage there.

I saw somewhere if he had just ridden defensive pace roglic would have gained an extra sec because cort would have been caught .roglic sprints gets time bonus and dispite g finishing with no time gaps loses 4 secs
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    Roglic gave Thomas the Pogacar treatment. Letting Thomas race in 1st place for weeks and take it on the last day.
  • Mad_Malx
    Would have liked G to win, but not by a mech. I’m warming to Rog.
  • mididoctors

Don't think so .. they should attack
  • Pross

Pross said:

I saw somewhere if he had just ridden defensive pace roglic would have gained an extra sec because cort would have been caught .roglic sprints gets time bonus and dispite g finishing with no time gaps loses 4 secs
    Don’t see how they catch Cort if Geraint hadn’t tried to attach, it was that which pulled him back.
  • mididoctors
    It was good for roglic to win with his fans ....g must be gutted...he has to shake roglics hand though
  • Mad_Malx
    “Sep - I’m live on air so no swearing “. :smile:
  • Pross
    zest28 said:

Roglic gave Thomas the Pogacar treatment. Letting Thomas race in 1st place for weeks and take it on the last day.

Yeah, of course he did. No rider is deliberately giving their opponent a 24” lead into the final proper stage.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

1948 - 11 seconds
    Twitter: @RichN95