Giro 2023: Stage 19: Longarone – Tre Cime di Lavaredo 183 km The Mega Mountain Stage ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,847
    Jumbo persistently trying to get riders away
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    andyrr said:

josame said:

The day G loses time

Let's be honest now he has been doing a good impression of Cuddles (following with minor digs)

An anti-Contador if you will

Cadel Evans - the TdF and Worlds winner? Not sure if riding in his style is a bad thing then?
    Steve Davis was very good at snooker
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Ineos seem to have their riders quite a way back. As I say that they start to move forward.
  • Pross
    Healy trying to get to the break now, not happening though.
  • mididoctors
    Healy trying .. LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Looked like the peloton were about to sit up for a second then but a few more riders decided they wanted to chance their luck and it strung out again.
  • Pross
    Warbasse and Stojnic still staying out front alone but the constant attacking means they only have a few seconds still.
  • Pross
    edited May 2023
    Two riders have bridged to the front two. IPT rider in there obviously, don't know if it's Gee.

Edit - it is!
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,928
    Has Adam Bythe fallen of the bike? Seems to of been a lot of Contador this morning
  • mididoctors
    Gee up the road
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Derek Gee in another Groundhog Day moment
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Movistar will be annoying the peloton, every time it settles they try to get someone across and stir it up again.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,928

Gee up the road

In other news: Pope is Catholic.

He's been fun to watch. Although I kept hearing "Gee struggling " yesterday and thought Thomas was having issues with Roglic 🤷‍♂️
  • mididoctors
    Riders everywhere
  • Pross
    JV firing riders off the front meaning Ineos have to send some too. I'm not sure it is worth them spending so much energy as it rarely seems to help tactically having a man up front for a GC rider.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Derek Gee, Rakim, Larry Warbasse plus two others in the break
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    JimD666 said:

Gee up the road

In other news: Pope is Catholic.

He's been fun to watch. Although I kept hearing "Gee struggling " yesterday and thought Thomas was having issues with Roglic 🤷‍♂️
    Yes I have had that issue too :smiley:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,768
    Pross said:

JV firing riders off the front meaning Ineos have to send some too. I'm not sure it is worth them spending so much energy as it rarely seems to help tactically having a man up front for a GC rider.

Three benefits that I can see. Pick which is most likely to succeed on the road.
    1. Potential stage win.
    2. Rest of the team can take it easy as others are forced to chase.
    3. Breakaway rider can ease up and recover to help on the final climb.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 232
    JimD666 said:

Has Adam Bythe fallen of the bike? Seems to of been a lot of Contador this morning

They are only allowed one I think- Contador today
  • stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 232
    Pross said:

Yeah, I dont understand this either but it's nervous energy to disrupt I suppose. JV have numbers, but in reality only Kuss has been useful so far
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Magnus Cort bridges
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    Pross said:

Indeed. We haven't really seen big mountain trains in this race. Instead, Vine and then Kuss injected a burst of pace that blew everyone but the favourites away.
  • mididoctors
    Tunnel cam
  • mididoctors
    pblakeney said:

Pross said:

Three benefits that I can see. Pick which is most likely to succeed on the road.
    1. Potential stage win.
    Tires ineos out marking ..disrupts regular feeding etc etc jumbo can still dedicate a rider for bottles etc
  • mididoctors
    Ineos getting tested here
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,768

pblakeney said:

Pross said:

1. Potential stage win.
    Tires ineos out marking ..disrupts regular feeding etc etc jumbo can still dedicate a rider for bottles etc
    Benefit #2. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    G Has to stay calm and out the wind feed and watered as much as possible while the race is chaotic
  • mididoctors
    Send arensman on the attack is a bold option ....not sure he will persist
  • mididoctors
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Pross said:

1. Potential stage win.
    Benefit #2. 😉
    You are correct sir

• mididoctors
    Jumbo scared of arensman move ....have sat up and go "ok"