Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 12: Bra - Rivoli, 179 km - got a hill ***SPOILERS***

1235»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Surprised how small the peloton is considering how easily they took things after the break got established.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Nico!!!

After suffering up that hill, glad he got that.

Yeah
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    JV didn't put two guys in the break for team GC ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Lot of activity that stage
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

JV didn't put two guys in the break for team GC ...

Once it was obvious that there wasn't going to be anyone bridging across to them, I've no idea why they contributed, and especially no idea why they would sprint for 6th place. Maybe Hessmann just fancied getting his best GC stage finish.
  • mididoctors
    I reckon JV had a plan but it was aborted
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Those celebrations really were fantastic
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Had family to collect yesterday from London so not managed to see this or see any results - when would be worth watching it from approx please?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    daniel_b said:

Had family to collect yesterday from London so not managed to see this or see any results - when would be worth watching it from approx please?

Not gona lie it wasn't the most interesting of stages. If you've time, watch the climb from 45 k to go, but you can fast forward from the top to the finish as there was only 1 attack and they pretty much just rode together
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

daniel_b said:

Not gona lie it wasn't the most interesting of stages. If you've time, watch the climb from 45 k to go, but you can fast forward from the top to the finish as there was only 1 attack and they pretty much just rode together
    Thankyou - I'll probably pass in that case, as time is short today, and it sounds like it was effectively

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18