Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 12: Bra - Rivoli, 179 km - got a hill ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Front 4 have apparently got nearly a minute on the rest of the bunch. My PTP pick is in there so they will be caught.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Race is going up the road from the break ....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Mads trying to bridge
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Was a nice little move by Trek to let the group of 5 including Skijns to roll off the front going through a roundabout. Astana rider got dropped and the other 4 now have 1:50 and 4:50 on the peloton.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Jack Haig was the Bahrain rider who head butted the tarmac.
    He's still in the race though.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Drama
  • mididoctors
    That's a moody group of riders
  • mididoctors
    Super technical run into finish line ...
  • mididoctors
    Bettiol +2 trying to bridge
  • mididoctors
    Active day
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Any of those leaders climbers?
  • mididoctors
    Jump rolling through in no man's land break remnant. Keen to stay in front of the bunch
  • kingstongraham

Answering myself - Tonelli got 3rd in a climby stage last year.

Skujins has a bit of form on a hill.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640

Skuijns is the climbiest of them so, no.
  • mididoctors
    Skuijin attacks
  • mididoctors
    Awesome road
  • mididoctors
    PCS van by roadside
  • Pross
    Skijns and Berwick probably need to lose Denz before the top.

Not quite sure what Jumbo’s tactics were today. I guess in the end the two up front haven’t had to work too hard but Kuss in particular as some work over the next week.
  • kingstongraham
    Denz absolutely killing himself to stay with these guys.
  • mididoctors
    Denz suffering big time
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644

Denz suffering big time

Formallo pulling faces too.
  • mididoctors
    Denz letting the wheel go almost
  • kingstongraham
    Nice work Nico.
  • Pross

Denz suffering big time

Kelly not impressed by him.
  • mididoctors
    Climb goes on a bit
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

Denz suffering big time

Kelly not impressed by him.
    Yes, as the Belgians would say 'where is he going'? Certainly not to the front.
  • rick_chasey
    What is Marco Frigo up to?
  • mididoctors
    Well roglic didn't attack ....
  • Pross
    Frigo taking lots of risks for not much reward
  • mididoctors

What is Marco Frigo up to?

WT points