Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 8: Terni - Fossombrone, 207 km - up and down ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    TGH GOING OVER REMCO
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Ineos catch Remco and go out after Roglic - Remco dropped?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,637
    Remco @ 10s
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Roglic, TGH and Geraint have a gap.
    Remco struggled big time towards the top.
  • mididoctors
    WHOA WORK GUYS
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Rog TGH GT with a small gap over Remco
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Roglic, Tao and Geraint on the decsent, Remco +2 chasing
  • Dorset_Boy
    Ben Healey takes the win. Strong ride
  • mididoctors
    HEALY
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Great win by Healy - stunning attack on the Cappucinni, then 50km solo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,637
    Remco at 18s down on the finish
  • Dorset_Boy

Remco at 18s down on the finish

More like 14 secs
  • mididoctors
    14 s
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Very interesting, first signs of weakness from Remco
  • mididoctors
    Did the pink jersey come in?
  • mididoctors
    I think he made it
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    14" loss for Remco
    Not a huge amount, but under pressure on a fairly short (but steep) climb he couldn't hold the wheel. That's going to play in his mind
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    r0bh said:

Very interesting, first signs of weakness from Remco

On the first hill they've raced up?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    What should worry remco isn't roglic dropped him but g and TGH did as well
  • mididoctors
    Bora lost out for there efforts ...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    If G can stay upright he could be a real threat in week 3. Surely he must have come in a bit undercooked compared to the others.
  • mrb123
    Healey doesn't have the accent I expected.
  • mididoctors
    This winner was born in 2001
  • mrb123
    This Giro badly needed that stage.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    mrb123 said:

Healey doesn't have the accent I expected.

He’s from Kingswinsford near Dudley.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    I wonder if they regret not giving it a go yesterday now?
  • mididoctors
    mrb123 said:

This Giro badly needed that stage.

This
  • mididoctors
    Caruso is the doing the zubeldia
  • mididoctors
    phreak said:

I wonder if they regret not giving it a go yesterday now?

I believe them the head wind destroyed ambition and opportunity
  • mididoctors
    DSM have been excellent defending the Jersey