Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 8: Terni - Fossombrone, 207 km - up and down ***SPOILERS***

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,790
edited May 2023 in Pro race

Climbs In the finale

This one done twice

Technical run in. weather going to be important

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Ganna DNS with C19
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • mididoctors
    Ganna actually feels ill
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    The jesery trying to go down the road
  • mididoctors
    Bit of a bun fight
  • mididoctors
    It's actually a good way to control
  • mididoctors
    Healy and McNulty repeated. Efforts to form a break
  • mididoctors
    Lot of lower tier GC riders trying to get into a break
  • mididoctors
    Healy +3 got a small gap
  • mididoctors
    Roglic not in lead bunch containing remco
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo chasing behind
  • mididoctors
    All the main GC contenders are up the road from roglic
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo get back on ...
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777

Ganna actually feels ill

Same with Aleotti – feeling ill. On stage 6 he finished in the Cavendish group 18 mins down, and that he was in this out-distanced gruppetto was mainly put down to him feeling weak and unwell all day, but refusing to quit. He was found positive overnight and DNS stage 7
  • mididoctors
    It's fast
  • mididoctors

Been stuck like this for a few km now ...ef active chasing down riders trying to bridge
  • mididoctors
    Break is tiring ..only Healy seems unphased
  • mididoctors
    Healy group on 4 secs
  • mididoctors
    Skujins bridges
  • mididoctors
    Healy group out to 19 secs ..through the sprint.... Bunch still active
  • mididoctors
    Matthews shadowed by pedersen
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,638
    How are Healey’s socks legal
  • mididoctors
    6 riders trying to bridge ...Healy group just persisting .,.
  • mididoctors
    Peloton sits up ...
  • mididoctors

• mididoctors
    This going to be a big group could go the distance
  • mididoctors
    DSM to feather the gap again
  • mididoctors
    Healy pickers made the right call
  • mididoctors
    Break hitting first climb ..... Some on to press on,?

Bunch has GC teams positioning
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Here we are on the first of two Cappuccini of the afternoon. Praying for Daniel Friebe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format