Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2023 *** Spoiler thread ***

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Pogacar has broken wrist bones and will undergo surgery in Belgium today.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    And that could well be that.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,776
    Dammm !
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pldcock blows up big again
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    And that's that.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671
    That's unreal. Just rode him off in the saddle.

Distance for Pidcock again, or just remco?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671

Was hoping to be able to go out once he'd dropped everyone.

Good man, race over.
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock went way into the red there
  • mididoctors
    He could crash
  • mididoctors

That's unreal. Just rode him off in the saddle.

Distance for Pidcock again, or just remco?

Both
  • iantr
    iantr Posts: 31
    Great effort by Healy, but he’s probably LOST time on Remco during it….
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
    Pog broken scaphoid which needs screwing back together - I had the same (spot the scar - and on the turbo as I broke my shoulder …)
  • mididoctors
    Kron goes sideways!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,510
    Kron off into a hedge 😭
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608
    Remco’s package looking impressive in white.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Pog broken scaphoid which needs screwing back together - I had the same (spot the scar - and on the turbo as I broke my shoulder …)

Pog’s chances for July in your opinion?
  • mididoctors
    So if pog was here... 2 man sprint or one them solo?
  • mididoctors
    Classy win in rainbow strips
  • rick_chasey
    seanoconn said:

Well you can turbo on it within a day or two of surgery.

It’s very sore so they give you double general and local anaesthetic so you feel very rough for a couple days.

Within a week you’re in a normal flexi cast and you could do indoor riding if you get it recast regularly so it doesn’t get too sweaty and smelly which I’m sure he can do.

6 weeks in a cast (so for him 4 as he’s a super man) and the. Another 4-8 weeks to get full mobility back.

More of a problem if you smash it up again. Then, to quote my surgeon “it’s properly f@cked and it’s 50-50 if it needs fusing”
  • mididoctors
    Lot of really strong riders remco is making them.look very normal
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Healy is the new Dan martin sort of
  • rick_chasey

Lot of really strong riders remco is making them.look very normal

Belgian commentators singing silly songs at 24km to go.

Very happy but struggling to keep it interesting.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Would have been an epic duel
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Well you can turbo on it within a day or two of surgery.

It’s very sore so they give you double general and local anaesthetic so you feel very rough for a couple days.

Within a week you’re in a normal flexi cast and you could do indoor riding if you get it recast regularly so it doesn’t get too sweaty and smelly which I’m sure he can do.

6 weeks in a cast (so for him 4 as he’s a super man) and the. Another 4-8 weeks to get full mobility back.

More of a problem if you smash it up again. Then, to quote my surgeon “it’s properly f@cked and it’s 50-50 if it needs fusing”
    He is a superman with a pro’s tolerance for pain. Riding full gas out of the saddle with a healing broken wrist? No thanks. Riding knowing another crash and you could be totally f*cked. No thanks. Risky.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,341
    Rick - not sure you meant a general anaesthic as that would mean them putting you to sleep. (My OM was an anaethatist)
    You probably mean an extra local to cover a wider area.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Healy may lose out in this sprint
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,341
    Impressive by Remco. But the win should be stripped for those shorts!!! :D
    Gutting about Pog, hope it heals real quick with no lasting effects.
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock is so close to that upper tier of the vans pog and remco ...just a smidge lacking
  • mididoctors
    Classy remco
  • mididoctors
    Healy loses podium ...shame he did most of the work there