Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2023 *** Spoiler thread ***

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,238
edited April 2023 in Pro race
Cheep and cheerful thread starter, shamelessly ripped off from @JimD666's PTP thread
JimD666 said:

Full route:

Profile:

Startlist:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/liege-bastogne-liege/2023/result/startlist

Previous winners

2022 EVENEPOEL Remco
2021 POGAČAR Tadej
2020 ROGLIČ Primož
2019 FUGLSANG Jakob
2018 JUNGELS Bob
2017 VALVERDE Alejandro
2016 POELS Wout
2015 VALVERDE Alejandro
2014 GERRANS Simon
2013 MARTIN Dan

6 hours of wet hills and then Pogacar wins
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    The weather:
    Damp, with a moderate to fresh breeze from the South. That's a tailwind home, but with a tail-cross possibility.... Echelon klaxon will need manning.

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/hourly-table/2-2792413/Belgium/Wallonia/Liège Province/Liège?i=0
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,814
    edited April 2023
    Lol suites Pog
  • No_Ta_Doctor
  • Dialatron
    Dialatron Posts: 1,101
    Poggone
    Old, fat and that's just the bike.
  • Pog down and out
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,422
    Ptp wipe out ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    How bad is he injured?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Was the women's race good? Saw vollering won it ...was it just a SD worx boss session?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,379
    Great to have that happen before coverage starts.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Was the women's race good? Saw vollering won it ...was it just a SD worx boss session?

Reusse was in a break then solo, then Vollering got towed up, so yeah
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,602
    Bugger. I was really looking forward to him and Remco head to head
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors

Reusse was in a break then solo, then Vollering got towed up, so yeah
    Hmmm well at least that sounds tactically better that brab pil I guess

• No_Ta_Doctor
    What's this change in the parcour I keep hearing about? Something about La Redoute?
  • mididoctors
    gweeds said:

censored . I was really looking forward to him and Remco head to head

It was an exciting match up

Sigh
  • mididoctors

What's this change in the parcour I keep hearing about? Something about La Redoute?

They turn off at the top and miss some of the draggy bit
    over the top ... I think
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,814
    How bad we talking? Gonna put the Tour in jeopardy?
  • mididoctors
    I hope pog is not too seriously hurt
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,313

How bad we talking? Gonna put the Tour in jeopardy?

No idea. No coverage of the crash and, so far, no word on what injuries he'd sustained that caused him to abandon.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,227
    It makes my PTP scoring simpler.

Fingers crossed he's not too badly hurt.
  • mididoctors
    I don't hold with white shorts
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pog hurt his wrist apparently, no details yet
  • gweeds
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors
    Double puncture...must of been some gnarly thing on the road to cause that
  • gweeds
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,914
    Looks like he remounted before abandoning
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mididoctors
    I guess QS are on their own now
  • gweeds
    Now saying a total front wheel failure which would point to a big pothole.
  • mididoctors
    gweeds said:
    Followed him over a kerb/ street furniture thing and impact punctured perhaps

• gweeds
  • mididoctors
    gweeds said:

Now saying a total front wheel failure which would point to a big pothole.

Yeah followed each through a impact puncture hazard