Ronde van Vlaanderen 2023 *Spoilers* thread

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Only just managed to start watching. Is that an Ineos rider in the break? Could be earning his keep if Pidcock gets across.

Laporte now paying back his win leaving MVDP and Pidcock to chase behind
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    LaPorte flew across to Pog there
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    ddraver said:

LaPorte up to Pog alone.

Cat. Pigeons.

That's clever
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    edited April 2023
    Pidcock, MvdP, Wout and some breakaway hangers on likely (?) to bridge at some point...

Pog surely to go again on the Koppenberg, but will it help?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Pross said:

Only just managed to start watching. Is that an Ineos rider in the break? Could be earning his keep if Pidcock gets across.

Laporte now paying back his win leaving MVDP and Pidcock to chase behind

Narvaez in the break I think
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    WE WERE ON A BREAK
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Pog flicking the elbow. Lol
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    1'30"
  • Pross
    Not sure why Pog is still pulling. Should have sat up as soon as Laporte caught him.
  • tailwindhome
    The break has too many markers now
  • gsk82
    ddraver said:

Pidcock, MvdP, Wout and some breakaway hangers on likely (?) to bridge at some point...

No help if he drops laporte. That'd bring WVA back into play with help. Its interesting.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    Pog dragging the trio away again
  • ddraver
    edited April 2023
    Pog, Poel & Wout

pas de Pidcock

Pog is clearly the sharpest of the 3 but he hasn't shaken them. Tom knows it's not his day.
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    Pidcock and Laporte struggling
  • Pross
    Pidcock and Laporte gone and probably not coming back.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Imagine if he had a decent bike.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Need a time gap
  • gsk82
    gsk82 said:

ddraver said:

No help if he drops laporte. That'd bring WVA back into play with help. Its interesting.
    Just got less interesting.
  • tailwindhome
    1'03

• ddraver
    Pidcock making Laporte work, presumably in a "mate, we're both just riding a scenic 40km now" kind of way...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Surprised Pidcock got Laporte to take a turn.
  • WvA’s head keeps dropping. He’s either a great actor or close to being cooked.
  • tailwindhome
    The break looks like the air has gone out .... anyone wants to win from that group needs to shed numbers

55"
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Going to be close
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    The ronde is a proper test
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Fred to have a dig at some point?
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock prep disrupted by that crash ... Hasn't got the distance in his legs
  • ddraver
    edited April 2023
    I dunno who the french ES commentators are but they've clearly adopted the English language, "young lads chatting" approach, I'm rather enjoying the bits I follow...
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Go on Kung
  • Pross
    Kung trying to drive the break on