Ronde van Vlaanderen 2023 *Spoilers* thread

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    edited April 2023
    Touch of wheels ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Morohic was down too
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Correct response from filip
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    edited April 2023
    I think the front group are beginning to believe...

- @ddraver
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    ddraver said:

I think the front group are beginning to believe...

With a 3 minute gap and the group featuring some real diesel engines, I'm not surprised.
  • mididoctors
    It's a decent gamble by Jumbo that vH can turn that lot over ....
  • mididoctors
    Have the big 3 just neutralised each other?
  • ddraver
    OK, third time down the Nieuwe Kwaremont, time to switch on if you've not already...
    - @ddraver
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Lead out for Pog
  • ddraver
    Pog, Pids and Wout...

Just pog
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    WvA looking chill
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    VH will ride away from this lot when he wants won't he?

Pogacar off the front on OK
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    Pog has 15-20 s by the village...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Pog destroying them, it’s the only way he can win I think
  • mididoctors
    Forgot politt was between groups
  • mididoctors
    Pog is not stopping
  • mididoctors
    Going like a express train
  • mrb123
    Payback time for Laporte
  • ddraver
    Bjerg has earnt his Gold Rodania for sure...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    edited April 2023
    Laporte winning GW just now
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mrb123 said:

Payback time for Laporte

Big time
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Crikey.
  • tailwindhome
    Gap to G1 down to 1' 42
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Feel like Pogacar was going far harder than the others up there. He's now all alone in no mans land.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    Pog needs to ease up and let the others back on.

Currently the world's top rated potato chaser
  • tailwindhome
    Big help for Trentin who can sit in
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Trek rider almost knocked off by Pog’s slipstream. He’s going to get caught though so should probably back off and save some energy for another go.
  • ddraver
    edited April 2023
    LaPorte up to Pog alone.

Cat. Pigeons.
    - @ddraver
  • mrb123
    Breakaway could easily run out of steam if too many start sitting on.