Antonio Tiberi Cat Killer

124»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625

How does the cat owner feel about all of this?

4k better off?
    I do not know, but a bit of restorative justive would probably go a long way. Learn to forgive is something that would benefit society a great deal.

Unrelated, but from 1999 a public prosecutor in Italy decided that Pantani had to become the example, to eradicate doping practice from sport.
    The result is that he developed severe mental health issues and was found dead five years later… in 2004 the sport was not cleaner than it was in 1999… maybe things should have been handled differently and maybe in this case the guy should be
    eft alone, before he decides to turn the gun on himself…

You see connections where there are none.

£4k would be an insult, snd will not go to the cat owner anyway.

Perhaps I am imposing my own values on the situation in wishing for terrible things to befall this vile young person, but I am okay with that.
    How do you feel about older rich people paying to shoot pheasants and stags? Esp in the case of game birds most of which are just disposed of.

Do you advocate them losing their jobs?
    Not good. There are clay discs that can have a pop at instead.

The shooting industry is big up here, and the even dirtier secret is that the birds themselves basically starve to death after the hunting season. I detest that particular type of cuntry folk, by and large.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I get it's a vested report but this says otherwise. I was interested to read as I shoot, not very well I add, a couple of days a year and am not a fan of the 'massacres' of birds which end up going into an incinerator. I get it's a totally pointless sport, but I do enjoy it, so like to find some way of partially clearing my conscience.

The two large estates I have shot at are actually farms for large european food processors, so they export most of what is shot overseas, now that lead laws have changed.

https://www.gwct.org.uk/research/species/birds/common-pheasant/fate-of-released-pheasants/
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918

4k better off?
    I do not know, but a bit of restorative justive would probably go a long way. Learn to forgive is something that would benefit society a great deal.

Unrelated, but from 1999 a public prosecutor in Italy decided that Pantani had to become the example, to eradicate doping practice from sport.
    The result is that he developed severe mental health issues and was found dead five years later… in 2004 the sport was not cleaner than it was in 1999… maybe things should have been handled differently and maybe in this case the guy should be

Perhaps I am imposing my own values on the situation in wishing for terrible things to befall this vile young person, but I am okay with that.
    How do you feel about older rich people paying to shoot pheasants and stags? Esp in the case of game birds most of which are just disposed of.

The shooting industry is big up here, and the even dirtier secret is that the birds themselves basically starve to death after the hunting season. I detest that particular type of cuntry folk, by and large.
    A lot that go on shoots are townies out on a corporate jolly.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625

4k better off?

A lot that go on shoots are townies out on a corporate jolly.
    So bwankers then?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    mrb123 said:
    Shows how out of touch the govt are if they think they could have enforced that.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243

mrb123 said:
    Shows how out of touch the govt are if they think they could have enforced that.
    If feline transmission was to be a thing, wouldn’t have been a simpler solution to enforce taping of the cat flaps?
    Keep them in lockdown too, problem solved

left the forum March 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Anyway, here's a picture of Kurt Zouma

Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    edited March 2023
    Slightly disappointed he’s not called Fris Kroom
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    Taking away the emotion of a beloved kitty cat being involved, at a basic level he willfully destroyed someone else’s property.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

I get it's a vested report but this says otherwise. I was interested to read as I shoot, not very well I add, a couple of days a year and am not a fan of the 'massacres' of birds which end up going into an incinerator. I get it's a totally pointless sport, but I do enjoy it, so like to find some way of partially clearing my conscience.

The two large estates I have shot at are actually farms for large european food processors, so they export most of what is shot overseas, now that lead laws have changed.

https://www.gwct.org.uk/research/species/birds/common-pheasant/fate-of-released-pheasants/

My brother goes (lives in the Scottish borders and works in forestry management so it's basically part of the job like golfing might be down here). We eat them and they taste nice :smile:

I'm reminded of this More or Less podcast from 2020, about 21 minutes in (the bit before is a bit of a blast from the past, COVID testing!) about pheasant biomass in the UK. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000jmm3

Fundamentally different to shooting someone's pet cat anyway, even disregarding the animal welfare issues, shooting someone's private property (their pet) is a bit of a different proposition to an organised shoot (unless you're poaching!).
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    edited March 2023

Fundamentally different to shooting someone's pet cat anyway, even disregarding the animal welfare issues, shooting someone's private property (their pet) is a bit of a different proposition to an organised shoot (unless you're poaching!).

As long as we agree that the difference is, as you suggest, property and therefore the monetary and emotional value of the cat, Vs the non value of the pheasant, then we are on the same wavelength. Other than that, life is life, a wild bird's one shouldn't be worth less than that of a domestic pet.
    If that is the only difference, then it seems to me the just punishment is a fine... which is what he got... we might argue whether 4k is a suitable value, or that should be 10K or whatever, but still money is

left the forum March 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Reports suggesting that Trek-Segafredo will release Tiberi from his contract and he's set to join Astana.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Should fit right in there.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    gweeds said:

Should fit right in there.

he'll probably get an AK47 for cat hunting
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme