The actual I am watching the World Cup thread. No, non World Cup watchers please. Spoilers.

Comments

• seanoconn said:

2 levels up from a different level. Amazing. Watching that clip you wonder why he bothered passing to his teammates.
    I could watch highlights of him all day.

The vid when he is warming up for Napoli is pure entertainment.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918

seanoconn said:

2 levels up from a different level. Amazing. Watching that clip you wonder why he bothered passing to his teammates.
    I could watch highlights of him all day.

The vid when he is warming up for Napoli is pure entertainment.
    If he had ever learnt to be two footed, he'd have been quite good!

Still a coke snorting cheat though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,477
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Stadium looks half empty in the morroco croatia game.
  • Stevo_666

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • He'd have been playing against teams of 9 every time if some of the tackles he had to take were done now.
  • Stevo_666

He'd have been playing against teams of 9 every time if some of the tackles he had to take were done now.

Maybe that's why he had to take drugs, to relieve the pain of those tackles?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Stevo_666 said:

He'd have been playing against teams of 9 every time if some of the tackles he had to take were done now.

Despite the drugs and cheating. He was still the greatest. Yes?

I await your enthusiastic and complete agreement 😂

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    This reminds me that Cameroon had another target in their sights.
    Worked too as they won 1-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KedhyI7lHNw
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626

Not uncommon for group games. Seem to remember that even in Mexico, where they are football mad.
  • rick_chasey

Not uncommon for group games. Seem to remember that even in Mexico, where they are football mad.
    Host it in the UK and it'll be full every game.
  • Maybe that's why he had to take drugs, to relieve the pain of those tackles?

I think he actually did! The battering he took gave him all kinds of back issues and muscle injuries. Napoli top brass made him have steroid injections and painkillers regularly just to get through games. That must have had a role in the other drug taking.
  • Stadium looks half empty in the morroco croatia game.

We love a big event more than anyone though.

Compare the morning sessions at the 2017 world athletics to any other. And you can't say we're athletics crazy.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

In the same way that Lance Armstrong is the greatest ever cyclist? :smile:
  • rick_chasey
    I wasn't born then but even I know the goal maradona scored 4 minutes later after the handball was sensational.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626

We'd need to increase our tolerance for handing out bribes for that to ever happen.
  • Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

In the same way that Lance Armstrong is the greatest ever cyclist? :smile:
    Wouldn't Pantani be a better comparison?

I don't think Armstrong was ever accused of taking anything other than that which would have been beneficial for his cycling.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022

I wasn't born then but even I know the goal maradona scored 4 minutes later after the handball was sensational.

I'm sure Lance Armstrong also had some incredible races. Unfortunately here the fact that they are/were both cheating druggies means they will never be the GOAT.
  • rick_chasey
    TBH, I probably wouldn't open the can of worms of football doping on a cycling forum....
  • Stevo_666
    Whatever. Maradona wasn't missed when he kicked the bucket. Recall that some wag on Twitter posted 'Try to cheat death, you fat little c***' :D
  • Stevo_666 said:

it still annoys me how little height Shilton got on that jump
  • The bitterness of England fans amuses me massively.

Bigger whingers than Remainers.

No England player is even comparable to Maradona.
  • Stevo_666 said:

it still annoys me how little height Shilton got on that jump
    Should have cleared him out
  • Stevo_666

The bitterness of England fans amuses me massively.

Bigger whingers than Remainers.

Who do you support then?
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386

Have you seen Sammy Hoskins at Northampton???
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    The Japan v Germany match is virtually silent in the ground . . .
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • International wise? Not really arsed.

Want England & Republic of Ireland to win when playing so supposed that could be classed as ‘supporting’.

The ‘No Surrender’, ‘10 German bombers’ brigade are just excruciatingly embarrassing though.

As much as the Hand of God was a liability I won’t let it cloud my judgement on how good Maradona was. If it had happened the other way round I would have more then taken it.
  • Stevo_666

International wise? Not really arsed.

So is this the thread for you? ;)
  • Stevo_666 said:

International wise? Not really arsed.

So is this the thread for you? ;)
    The irony….😘
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932

That particular game had some prime examples from the English players, when they could catch him.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!