TDF 2022:- Stage 5: Lille Métropole – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut, 153.7kms ***Spoilers***

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    Presumably Pogacar is confident that he knows how to win the tour. This is just a trial to see how he could do in Paris-Roubaix.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,145
    MvdP comes sailing up to the rear of the Rog group looking like he's going to sail through to the front then realises and sits up on the back of the Jumbo train.
  • Pross
    Don't get why MCN attacked today when there are no KoM points.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Covid is the best chance everyone else has
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    edited July 2022
    It's like a TTT behind with 4 teams at 1 minute intervals.
  • mididoctors
    WvA for the save?
    Pross said:

Was that Thomas in the group with Jumbo?

Yeah ....he was doing ok but we lost what happened in the dust
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Pross said:

Don't get why MCN attacked today when there are no KoM points.

Wining the cobbled stage in the KOM jersey would be wonderfully subversive in a hipster sort of way...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Ineos finally working, not sure why they left it so late.
  • Pross

Pog is so far away from everyone else he won't catch it!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

RichN95. said:

Jumbo and ineos have to take a pop at UAE here ..too good a opportunity

I can't see Ineos with Ganna, Van Baarle, Rowe and Thomas quietly following wheels
    And TP. I'm assuming his name wasn't mentioned in case it summoned the troll. Put in a decent TT, so he's clearly got some form.
    his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere by anyone because he's out of his depth.

soz.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Ineos finally working, not sure why they left it so late.

Loads of mechanical issues
  • Pross
    Some of the best Classics riders chasing including WVA and not making any time back. It's an incredible ride.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    I must admit to being mystified by Ineos's tactics.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Kirby hasn't tipped Simon Clarke for the win yet
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Pog and Jasper blowing up
  • Pross
    'Si' Clarke could win - imagine the CK explosion if that happens!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    David Millar is scratching his head as to why Thomas et al aren't doing a tap to help close the gap.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Pross said:

Some of the best Classics riders chasing including WVA and not making any time back. It's an incredible ride.

Every time they have a cobbled tour stage the top GC guys show everyone they're better than the top cobbles guys
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,534
    Who's the fastest finisher in the break? EBH is pretty quick but past his best, Cort possibly? Lead out from Powless?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190
    WVA has earned the salaries of UAE combined today
  • mididoctors
    Pog and Jasper blowing up
    Pross said:

Pog is so far away from everyone else he won't catch it!
    Puts in an attack and drops the virus
  • mididoctors
    WvA monster pulls
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    I know part of it is Pog's good legs being able to follow the right wheels but he does seem to be getting a lot of support from non-UAE riders, not sure why they're not refusing to tow him!?
  • Pross
    The Vingegaard / Thomas group has nearly halved their deficit since Ineos started assisting. There's a double value in working as it closes the gap to Pog and increases it to Rog.
  • ddraver

I know part of it is Pog's good legs being able to follow the right wheels but he does seem to be getting a lot of support from non-UAE riders, not sure why they're not refusing to tow him!?

Cos they want to win the stage...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Wout might cling on to yellow
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross

WvA monster pulls

Real team player whilst also being able to take his own wins.
  • mididoctors
    WvA monster pulls

Discuss
  • Pross
    Must be tempting for Stuyven to sit up now the stage looks gone.
  • ddraver
    Powless realises he can get out of that horrible jerseys for a few days...
    - @ddraver