Giro 2022 - Stage 14: Santena – Torino 147 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,137
    Bora possibly doing too much, too soon but we'll see.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Bloody hell
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Lopez in the Bora group ?
  • Pross
    Don't get Zweihoff dropping back, just sit on the break and wait to save energy and help later as the gap is already nearly closed
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    Pross said:

Don't get Zweihoff dropping back, just sit on the break and wait to save energy and help later as the gap is already nearly closed

Bora riders behind must have been on the rivet blowing .... I would have left up front otherwise
  • mididoctors
    It's a circuit may have cars up the road
  • Pross
    "in today's performance the role of Ineos will be played by Bora".
  • mididoctors
    How far back is valverde?
  • mididoctors
    I blame MvdP
  • Pross
    Hope they don't lap the bus!
  • mididoctors
    It's a sportif
  • mididoctors
    Riders literally on their own
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Fair play to Almeida getting back. He looks in agony.
  • Pross
    Wanty are having a good race.
  • Pross
    Lopez needs to learn same musette skills. Could have taken out numerous riders there
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Lopez progresses from throwing individual bottles to the entire contents of a feed bag
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    Well the hell is hugh on the road
  • blazing_saddles
    Poor Guillaume Martin is left to chase on his own as Carthy blows up.
  • This is carnage. Absolutely brilliant to watch.
  • mididoctors
    Anything could happen
  • blazing_saddles
    It’s all happening
    Lopez finally starts to struggle but the GC is getting decimated
  • Pross
    Lopez is a fighter
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited May 2022
    Hugely impressed with López. He's hanging on. Unlike Landa....

EDIT: Landa back. for now at least
  • blazing_saddles
    Landa back but it’s just 5 left
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,515
    Almeida has slowly made his way back.
  • mididoctors
    Nibali is riding savy
  • Pross
    Front group not nailing home their advantage, perhaps saving it for the final climb.
  • Pross
    Not sure how comfortable Carapaz is either.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,515
    Lopez may crack spectacularly. He is just hanging on for now.