Cobbled Classics 2022 *** Spoilers***

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Pog looks so average on the bike. Not offensive like Froome, just like a bloke who does a decent bit of cycling.

• rick_chasey
    Ridiculous speed aside, of course
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868

Pog looks so average on the bike. Not offensive like Froome, just like a bloke who does a decent bit of cycling.

They need to speed up behind
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey

They need to speed up behind
    Bit more organised now
  • mididoctors
    Get mugged for his watch
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Get mugged for his watch

Anyone know what it is?
  • rick_chasey
    edited March 2022
    Well they are like clocks that tell the time that you can put on your wrist via a strap.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Not convinced it was even a deliberate 'attack'. Moved to the front, was a bit quicker on a tricky section, got a couple of lengths by default and away he went

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Don't call me Shirley
  • bobmcstuff

Well they are like clocks that tell the time that you can put on your wrist via a strap.

Very funny.

Google says Breitling Endurance Pro. Thought Blythe said £250 there but I must have misheard as they are more like £2.5k...
  • mididoctors
    I was under over and you were over done.

What's your vector Victor
  • tailwindhome
    Bit of organising coming now
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    We're at the 'the graphics wrong' stage.

• rick_chasey

We're at the 'the graphics wrong' stage.

Gotta keep the suspense. Race is won
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605

Very funny.

Google says Breitling Endurance Pro. Thought Blythe said £250 there but I must have misheard as they are more like £2.5k...
    Richard Mille ? £250k …
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Valverde is Pogacar’s trump card.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    What a difference a week makes to Kasper Asgreen’s form.
  • rick_chasey
    Why isn’t WvA racing?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    edited March 2022
    Riders flicking elbow expecting Valverde to come through clearly haven’t watched a bike race in the last twenty years
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    It's pretty amazing
  • bobmcstuff
    RichN95. said:

Riders flicking elbow expecting Valverde to come through clearly have watched a bike race in the last twenty years

Valverde bridges to Asgreen
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Valverde did a turn on the front.
  • blazing_saddles
    Haimar Bilbao mysteriously appears at the pointy end of the race.
  • bobmcstuff
    Pog wins inevitably.

Valverde comes 2nd at 41!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Decent ride for second by Valverde
  • mididoctors
    Destroyed them
  • blazing_saddles
    Valverde at 41 is better than Valverde aged 40
  • tailwindhome
    Not a monument though
  • mididoctors

Not a monument though

Yeah easy race .. doesn't count
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589

Why isn’t WvA racing?

'cos against Pog people would realise he isn't the greatest rider of his generation :wink:

Not a bad effort that, I think he wanted Rodriguez to get to him but realised he had a better chance staying solo. As TWH said, not really sure he wanted to ride off the front but just thin it out.