Cobbled Classics 2022 *** Spoilers***

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Kwiatkowski no longer a classics contender? 2 time former winner, but haven't seen him get a mention in any previews - is he not riding it this year?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    bigmat said:

Kwiatkowski no longer a classics contender? 2 time former winner, but haven't seen him get a mention in any previews - is he not riding it this year?

Ineos have Carapaz, Narvaez, Puccio, Rodriguez, Swift, Turner and they did have Pidcock but he's now out with a stomach virus.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900
    edited March 2022
    Nearly got locked out so long since I have signed in..
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

bigmat said:

Ineos have Carapaz, Narvaez, Puccio, Rodriguez, Swift, Turner and they did have Pidcock but he's now out with a stomach virus.
    Thought Rowe would have raced this and last weekend but see he's down for Paris-Nice instead.
  • mididoctors
    Large group in final k of the women's race
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Bit of a tussle there
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    LOL
    Director thinks it a good idea to show the 3rd placed rider finishing the climb than the actual sprint for the win.

Didn’t think Lotte would hold AvV’s wheel up the ramp.
    Nice to see a change of script and a surprise winner
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Won in that last corner
  • kingstongraham
    Great finish that.
  • mididoctors
    We need to pass a UN resolution valverde is not allowed to retire
  • blazing_saddles
    As predicted, loads of waffles while we still await live coverage.

Finally we pictures and there’s been a huge crash.
    Very windy
  • mididoctors
    Ouffff big wind induced crash
  • blazing_saddles
    Alaphilippe over 2 minutes behind the front of the race.
    Pogacar like Teflon, is in the front peloton
  • blazing_saddles
    Benoot, who was the Jumbo rider brought down by Gogl and Alaphilippe, has abandoned.
  • mididoctors
    Regrouping but it took a long time
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Wellens with those weird flared narrow handlebars
  • rick_chasey
    JA in hyperactive mode. Wellens Pog and JA turning the heat up at 50km to go.

Sends GvA out the back.
  • rick_chasey
    Pog putting the heat on in a tricky gravel descent
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,420
    Just tuned in 50k to go to see Pogacar pulling away...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Pog
    Lol
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Pulling away like they were nobodies
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    Pog ripping it up at a casual 50km to go
  • tailwindhome
    14s back to Rodriguez
    20s to the rest

• tailwindhome
    Race go bye-bye

• tailwindhome
    This guy can win anything but a big bunch sprint

27s
  • tailwindhome
    Rodriguez with some mechanical difficulties

Chain off and on
  • kingstongraham
    Pog looking behind him lol
  • tailwindhome
    1min6 to the peloton with Rodriguez at 34

Lolz
  • rick_chasey
    42km still to go
  • mididoctors
    They need strong optical devices to see that wheel