TDF 2021: Stage 20, Libourne > Saint-Emilion 30.8 km ITT **Spoilers**

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Kung out on course
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Any comment on the rumours that Pogacar's rear wheel (among others) makes a strange noise?
    Just read it on Repubblica.it

My rear wheel was making a strange noise today. Turns out it was a piece of dried grass.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • No glory for Küng today. 36:31 puts him 17s behind Asgreen
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Asgreen put in a good ride there.

As for top 10 changes, O'connor and Bilbo look a bit at risk
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    jimmyjams said:

The 2019 Saint-Emilion bottled in order of the Shelby Company limited is a blend of Merlot for 72%, Cabernet f*****g Franc for 22% and the rest is Cabernet Sauvignon.

What's the problem with Cabenet Franc?
    Two common and well-liked grape varieties are hybrid descendants of Franc – Merlot and, more importantly, Cab. Sauvignon – without their 'dad', we wouldn't have them!

The vine also has other things going for it - withstands cooler weather okay (so found on the Loire and in Fruili, the cool NE region in Italy), and has less tannin than several grape types (so better suits some people).
    I take it you haven’t watched Peaky Blinders as that description was by the company that sells the wine.
    It’s not meant as a criticism of the grape.
    That’s exactly what Arthur Shelby would say!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Geraint’s form looking on track for the Olympics…… the next one that is.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Prob why he won't get renewed at Ineos.
  • WVA looks set to go in the hotseat, gaining time on Asgreen throughout the course (24s at the second check).
  • mididoctors
    Wilco zubeldia
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    WvA has impressed me ... Lack lustre start by his standards just kept trying animating the race . Ventoux was awesome .
  • That was a neat switch from WVA finishing (leads by 21s) to Pog starting.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243

WvA has impressed me ... Lack lustre start by his standards just kept trying animating the race . Ventoux was awesome .

Lad was in surgery 2 weeks before the Tour
  • Early days, but O'Connor has gained 5 seconds on Kelderman after the first check.
  • mididoctors
    Poor by Uran standards
  • mididoctors
    Pogacar a bit down on WvA
  • mididoctors
    Tape the gel to the top tube ? Not allowed anymore?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Bilbo really upset about something
  • mididoctors
    Cattaneo good time
  • mididoctors

Bilbo really upset about something

Had his gel accidently dislodge his radio when he got it out his skin suit
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    Vinegar smashing WvA's time at the moment
  • mididoctors
    Carapaz coming good in the Fourth
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2021

Where are you getting that from?

Edit.
    He's 21 seconds down at the second CP.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878

This forum has gone cut off mad

It has, but you've gone to the other extreme and failed to notice all the eliminated riders or the ones making it by seconds.
    Happens every tour. No one bothered about it before - what’s different?

At this level if you’re not making the limit you shouldn’t be in the race anyway so they’re doing you a favour.
    Because it was by no means a certainty that the Green Jersey was going to make it to Paris
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors

Don't trust those timings that are not at checks ...been wrong all day
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876

Where are you getting that from?
    Looks like he's not after all! It was when they finally cut to him and it suggested he was well up.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Bilbo stays in 10th, Uran had a shocker

Vingegaard flying
  • mididoctors
    Not today pogacar ..he is trying too
  • blazing_saddles
    Looks as if the second ITT is going to leave the top 10 completely unchanged.
    Epic.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    3rd spot seems exactly what I'd have expected for Ineos in this Tour
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

3rd spot seems exactly what I'd have expected for Ineos in this Tour

The pre-Tour bookmakers odds had them as third favourites behind Pogacar and a Jumbo rider
    Twitter: @RichN95