TDF 2021: Stage 7, Vierzon > Le Creusot 249.1 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    pblakeney said:

mrfpb said:

daniel_b said:

mrfpb said:

No live coverage from ITV until 2:00pm, no live feed on the BBC yet either.
    I hope the riders save some energy for the weekend, when I can actually watch them.

I'd strongly recommend you either take out a months sub to GCN Racepass or ES player, or lookout for when they next have a £19.99 deal for the entire 12 months, well worth it - no ads, great coverage, and sometimes kirby isn't commentating - what's not to like.

Previous years ITV4 had full day coverage haven't they, cutbacks I guess :-(
    It was a very early start today so I understand coverage not being there from the off, however If I was to pay, I'd rather be listening to Ned Boulting and David Millar than Sean Kelly or Kirby, even if it was just audio. Can't GCN get Wiggins to commentate? That would be worth paying for.
    He is in France doing isolation before getting on the motorbike for comments.
    I'd have went out a couple of weeks ago. Dare say he had other commitments.
    He's still doing that! I'd hate to see what the insurance payments are for that role.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    I reckon they could go the full distance this pair if they commit
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 847
    Home now 😃. Turned on to see UAE having to work 👌
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 847
    Although break is holding steady it seems?
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    It has to be remembered that we have two mountain days coming up, so even if the work UAE are doing today doesn't bite them today, it quite possibly will do over the weekend.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Not saying the MvdP et al group isn't making much of a chase right now, but Cavendish is sixth wheel on the climb at the moment.
  • phreak
    UAE have only lost two men so far.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    phreak said:

UAE have only lost two men so far.

Today is the first battle. There's a long war ahead.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    ITV finally arrive to piece up the pieces and offer refuge from Captain Giggles
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Ned and David waxing lyrical about what an amazing day of attacking old school racing it has been, of which ITV4 viewers have seen nothing!
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    I wonder how many flies they eat during a tour?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Froome dangling on a Cat 4
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,257
    Nibali not wanting to hang around.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Pog won't be worried about losing his team on a few days, he's more than capable of looking after himself in a group. It's one thing seeing an Ineos rider be isolated when their MO is to ride as a team everywhere, but I doubt Pog came to France expecting to sit on team wheels for the difficult bits of the 3 weeks.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,565
    mrfpb said:

daniel_b said:

mrfpb said:

No live coverage from ITV until 2:00pm, no live feed on the BBC yet either.
    I hope the riders save some energy for the weekend, when I can actually watch them.

I'd strongly recommend you either take out a months sub to GCN Racepass or ES player, or lookout for when they next have a £19.99 deal for the entire 12 months, well worth it - no ads, great coverage, and sometimes kirby isn't commentating - what's not to like.

Previous years ITV4 had full day coverage haven't they, cutbacks I guess :-(
    It was a very early start today so I understand coverage not being there from the off, however If I was to pay, I'd rather be listening to Ned Boulting and David Millar than Sean Kelly or Kirby, even if it was just audio. Can't GCN get Wiggins to commentate? That would be worth paying for.
    Much as I like Wiggins I don't find him that good on The Breakaway, I don't think he'd be good on commentary.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Cow art!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    7'30" gap to leaders, 6'28" to main breakaway (the vans). MvdP for the win?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021
    Not surprised van Moer is out on the attack. Probably doesn't want to risk being caught by Cavendish on the line again.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,565
    I really don't like the profile graphic they show with the arrow showing their current location. The numbers for the categorised climbs don't align with the climb and then there is a barely visible line from the number to the climb to which it relates. I thought for a while that Cav had got over the Cat 2 climb with the break.
  • phreak
    The commentators keep asking why Total Direct Energie are riding, when surely the fact that they keep getting spoken about on television is the reason why they're riding? I mean it's not like they'd win the race if they were in the break, so they're probably getting more mentions by chasing than they would having an anonymous member of such a star-studded break.
  • mididoctors
    Total energy getting paid/deal
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Campernerts so in the wheel.he is invisible
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021
    Cavendish moves up, hands a full bidon to Asgreen and drops back. it's all about to kick off now.

Edit - and now sits up to pace himself home. Smart ride today.
  • mididoctors
    Cav ... Class day out ... He is going to struggle still
  • Who is on Eurosport with Hatch currently? Sounds familiar and it's annoying me
  • mididoctors
    phreak said:

The commentators keep asking why Total Direct Energie are riding, when surely the fact that they keep getting spoken about on television is the reason why they're riding? I mean it's not like they'd win the race if they were in the break, so they're probably getting more mentions by chasing than they would having an anonymous member of such a star-studded break.

Neg publicity thou.. it's a d1ck move lol
  • phreak
    Cav has been dropped. He's clearly finished.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 268

Who is on Eurosport with Hatch currently? Sounds familiar and it's annoying me

Roger Hammond?
  • mididoctors
    I wonder if cav has been caught yet
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Cow art!

Damn I was in a meeting.
    Correlation is not causation.