• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Cavendish is loving this, isn't he?

MY MAN

Pure racer
    Correlation is not causation.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,221

If I was jumbo, definitely. Ineos hmm. You're relying on nibali cracking massively which is likely but not certain.

What's more likley nibali cracking or geriant dropping pog with a team
    Nibali needs to crack and roglic plus team needs to be dropped and pog without a team. I don't see it for the win either way really.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    edited July 2021
    Is anyone in the breakaway going to challenge Cav for the sprint points?
    I'm guessing a few will sit up after the intermediate sprint and the GC element will push and push.

ETA: And can MvdP hang on as far as the time bonus?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited July 2021

I've just been able to turn on the coverage. Have I missed any cows?

I must admit I didn't notice

Ello, oui , est-ce Europol?

D'accord, super, quelqu'un a volé toutes les vaches!

Toutes les vaches!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Don't think there's anyone up there who's looked like hunting green - why would they sit up? Even Cavendish will want to hang on, I'd have thought, so that he can take the climbs a little easier and drop back at that point.

He's been doing the politically wise thing of riding through and doing his (shot) turn at the front to reduce the chances of anyone sprinting against him.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

WvA MvdP and JA are the best thing to happen to cycling ... reintroduced genuine passion . Shame JA didn't make the break too ...

this. entirely.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,564
    edited July 2021

Don't think there's anyone up there who's looked like hunting green - why would they sit up? Even Cavendish will want to hang on, I'd have thought, so that he can take the climbs a little easier and drop back at that point.

He's been doing the politically wise thing of riding through and doing his (shot) turn at the front to reduce the chances of anyone sprinting against him.

There's a few riders who might try to deny Cavendish full points to help a team mate e.g. MvDP, but none that will drop out.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    edited July 2021
    Been away ...who's soft tapping in the break?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    edited July 2021

MvdP and teammate might well sprint, if they think Philipsen/Merlier have a chance of green

Bora have a man as well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    edited July 2021

MvdP and teammate might well sprint, if they think Philipsen/Merlier have a chance of green

Bora have a man as well
    True, though Cav doesn't have a sprint finish at the end to hold back for, so can go full gas I would have thought.

At what km to go is the intermediate sprint does anyone know?

EDIT: Imminent it would seem.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrfpb
    edited July 2021
    TIme gap going up - 4' 50" less than 10km from intermediate sprint. I guess we'll find out sonn enough what Cav is up to.

Most of the GC teams have the option of using a breakaway rider to bridge across. It's as if they all sat down last night and wrote a script to screw with UAE.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917

I've just been able to turn on the coverage. Have I missed any cows?

They're below you.
  • daniel_b
    Is Campenaerts the only Qhubeka rider in the break?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,564
    It's not going especially well for Ineos or EF Education either. At the moment, I think the winners are Jumbo and Trek, and maybe Alpecin and whoever ends up winning the stage.
  • daniel_b
    Job done.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrfpb
    No live coverage from ITV until 2:00pm, no live feed on the BBC yet either.
    I hope the riders save some energy for the weekend, when I can actually watch them.
  • mididoctors
    Cav looks tired tbh
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Bora have a man as well
    Best chance anyone else has for green is cav packing
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    In a meeting, but didn't look like anyone really bothered trying to stop Cavendish taking maximum points there?
  • mrfpb
    Cav only packed up in 2016 (missing out on four(?) opportunities for wins) to go to the Olympics It's pretty clear now he's in it until Paris. One more win between now and Paris to equal "He Who Shall Not Be Named".
  • mididoctors
    Van barle caught out
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021
    mrfpb said:

Cav only packed up in 2016 (missing out on four(?) opportunities for wins) to go to the Olympics It's pretty clear now he's in it until Paris. One more win between now and Paris to equal "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

Two, surely? Thought it was 34 wins for Cavendish's Voldemort?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    mrfpb said:

I hope the riders save some energy for the weekend, when I can actually watch them.

mrfpb said:

ITV 4 embarrassing coverage this year.

Van Baarle dropped from the break might mean Ineos helping out.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • got it on mute - what's Cav's beef?
  • mididoctors
    Van barle getting back
  • mrfpb

mrfpb said:

I'm assuming a win in Paris as the Icing on the cake, so one more before then.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    mrfpb said:

mrfpb said:

I'm assuming a win in Paris as the Icing on the cake, so one more before then.
    Ah, makes sense.

If you were writing the script you'd give him two between here and Paris though, surely? Where's the fun in equaling a record?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308

got it on mute - what's Cav's beef?

They dropped back to get service and the commissair wouldn't bring the cars up - "barrage"

Guerriero got absolutely stuffed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • got it on mute - what's Cav's beef?

They dropped back to get service and the commissair wouldn't bring the cars up - "barrage"

Guerriero got absolutely stuffed
    Ta
  • mididoctors
    It's a long way to.go