Giro 2021:- Stage 14: Cittadella – Monte Zoncolan 204 km **Spoilers**

1235»

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878
    Stage winner too excited too be able to get his words out in English. Great to see!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Always nice to see someone so happy with a win. Very pleased for him
  • Yeah, the pure joy is just lovely to see.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Bernal looks like Geraint Thomas with a mask on
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Sounds like Yates may have been a bit ill in the first week.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Damiano Caruso to RAI: "I've never climbed the other side of Zoncolan but if it's all like the final 3 kms of this side I hope I'll never climb it".
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 707
    The Danish cycling website 'feltet', although tipping Bernal as favourite for today, also thought the winner might come from a break which included Mollema and Bennett, together with a few other riders, one of the possible others being Lorenzo Fortunato!

Can't imagine anyone else (apart from Bertie) would have tipped him.
  • Pross
    jimmyjams said:

The Danish cycling website 'feltet', although tipping Bernal as favourite for today, also thought the winner might come from a break which included Mollema and Bennett, together with a few other riders, one of the possible others being Lorenzo Fortunato!

Glad they don't play PTP on here!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    jimmyjams said:

They don't happen to have predicted tonight's lottery numbers, by any chance? :o
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I had Bennett, would have been better off just going with Bernal again... rubbish.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    PTP tends to reward boring picks. It's unfortunate.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    m.r.m. said:

Yeah I normally just go with whoever had the shortest odds, only occasionally exercise a bit of judgement when it's obviously stupid
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    m.r.m. said:

This is why I created a Combativity Award for the Tour
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I'm going to be 'that' guy, but imagine this was Narvaez going back down to help Ganna get in before the time limit?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff

I'm going to be 'that' guy, but imagine this was Narvaez going back down to help Ganna get in before the time limit?
    Given Bennett is wearing a jacket and a towel, and Affini has his arm on Bennets shoulder, I doubt he is really helping... looks more like commiserations/apology for not capitalising on Affini's work.

Not even sure if Affini was close to the time limit?

But yes, technically not allowed.