Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday from our own correspondent

sungodsungod Posts: 13,526
'ning

hungover ride, hungover coffee, hungover wfh, hungover cafe stroll

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«134

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,440
    No hangover, but then again no booze last night either. Watched a film sober whilst looking at camper vans - well they have shot up in price

    Work stuff, final packing ready for a wet and windy weekend in the lakes from tomorrow afternoon
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,266
    Off to get my annual MOT this morning, been a very sober week so far, there is only so much iced fizzy water with or without lime one can have before getting v v bored. Def be having a glass of alcomiholic summat this evening.

    Otherwise boring day of admin, hassling incompetent utility companies and avoiding the deluge. Springtime? Huh.

    Have I missed the pic of Cargobike's Tesla?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,271
    Morning workers. Chilling out and maybe a visit to LBS for some retail therapy. Voting later when its quiet. Sorry O cargobike failed to post a picture. So here's one ripped off the www.

    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,620
    orraloon said:

    Off to get my annual MOT this morning, been a very sober week so far, there is only so much iced fizzy water with or without lime one can have before getting v v bored. Def be having a glass of alcomiholic summat this evening.

    Otherwise boring day of admin, hassling incompetent utility companies and avoiding the deluge. Springtime? Huh.

    Have I missed the pic of Cargobike's Tesla?

    That reminds me, people’s energy have ignored my last three emails. Average wait for online chat, 50mins! God knows what it’s like to call them. My gas meter is still not working, as in the numbers aren’t moving at all. Great yes? No they just estimate your bills 😒😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,266
    Blxxdy scammers. Pixx off. Had a deluge (of the non weather type) of scam calls past 24 hours. All using the same first 5 digits of my mobile #. Answered the first, some Bangalore based numpt claiming to be from a UK retailer offering deal on iPhone 12, aye right GTF click. And just answered another, the recorded std 'official' voice claiming to be from some fictitious national crime agency, can't even swear at that one. Blxxdy annoying. I blame Cargobike. 😉
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,440
    orraloon said:

    Blxxdy scammers. Pixx off. Had a deluge (of the non weather type) of scam calls past 24 hours. All using the same first 5 digits of my mobile #. Answered the first, some Bangalore based numpt claiming to be from a UK retailer offering deal on iPhone 12, aye right GTF click. And just answered another, the recorded std 'official' voice claiming to be from some fictitious national crime agency, can't even swear at that one. Blxxdy annoying. I blame Cargobike. 😉

    That sounds more like vtech

  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 45,439
    edited 6 May
    Got 2 lots of estate agents round to value the house and in between going to view another house which looks quite promising. We'll see. Stressbag is doing some last minute tidying so I'm staying out of her way for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,803
    Got up at 5.45 in readiness for a pre work ride to find 2" of flipping snow everywhere.
    Back to bed...
    Now in work wondering whether or not to engage in a steelwork project at my old school.
    No bubbly for me tonight but a G&T might be in order.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,607
    Brrr. There's snow on Arran - saw it yesterday on way back from school. Now the wind has picked up.
    Have to create space in the conservatory for certain plants.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,755
    sungod said:

    'ning

    hungover ride, hungover coffee, hungover wfh, hungover cafe stroll

    Did the bubbly lunch go on a bit?

    Wfw for me today, though not on the bike as I forgot to book a shower slot. D'oh. Took the train in anyway as I have a meeting later. An actual face to face meeting! Maybe there will be biscuits. Are biscuits known plague vectors?





  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,526
    hopkinb said:

    sungod said:

    'ning

    hungover ride, hungover coffee, hungover wfh, hungover cafe stroll

    Did the bubbly lunch go on a bit?
    ...
    six hours, four bottles of ruinart, hic

    also had a bit of food early on, staff lovely as usual
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,266
    sungod said:

    hopkinb said:

    sungod said:

    'ning

    hungover ride, hungover coffee, hungover wfh, hungover cafe stroll

    Did the bubbly lunch go on a bit?
    ...
    six hours, four bottles of ruinart, hic

    also had a bit of food early on, staff lovely as usual
    Sounds like a Spaffer style strategic planning meeting.

    MOT-ed, kidneys good, BP ok despite the rampant white coat syndrome, bloods tbd. Weight higher than I thought, never weigh myself, go by belt notches, must be effects of locked down winter.

    Voted. #toryscumout

    Now for the tedious admin...
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118
    Ciao

    Got excited as we thought we may be going to have a scrap with the French but CB sorted that one for us so we stood down and went for steak baguettes instead.

    Apart from that, swore at computer a few times, feeling tired so will keep head down.

  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,803
    They have a white flag on standby do they not?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118

  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118
    edited 6 May
    We were planning on getting well tooled up as well. Comedy levels of getting tooled up. Would have been mega funny.

    Oh well, perhaps next time.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,266
    What I found amusing was that the local Jersey fishermen were siding with the French. Nobody seems to like Spaffer, not even the inhabitants of tax dodger land.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118
    They are all fishing the same waters, know each other and understand each.

    Its a blimmin' dangerous , unforgiving and hard job done by generations of the same families so they will stick up for each other and no one can blame them tbh.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,162
    orraloon said:

    What I found amusing was that the local Jersey fishermen were siding with the French. Nobody seems to like Spaffer, not even the inhabitants of tax dodger land.

    I think the issues the French have regarding conservation probably apply to local fishing boats too.
    It sounded like it was the Jersey government who made up the rules not BJ, so Jersey should just invade France to sort it all out properly. They don't need our help :smile:
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,162
    'Ning btw
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,102 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Wfw with a reasonable wobble there and back. Usual nonsense to deal with plus a bit of added stupid. In a most uncharacteristic move I tried to be the bigger man and not highlight the stupidity when replying. At least I tried for the first response, off they really can't help themselves surely I should oblige them.
    Voted on the way in, Binface for mayor.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118
    Bambina is climbing a cliff so popped into the local chippy for a sneaky portion of chips on my way to pick her up, so currently sunset, chips, chillin'

    #nice
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,620

    Evening folks,
    Wfw with a reasonable wobble there and back. Usual nonsense to deal with plus a bit of added stupid. In a most uncharacteristic move I tried to be the bigger man and not highlight the stupidity when replying. At least I tried for the first response, off they really can't help themselves surely I should oblige them.
    Voted on the way in, Binface for mayor.

    That’s Count Binface to you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,755
    MattFalle said:

    Bambina is climbing a cliff so popped into the local chippy for a sneaky portion of chips on my way to pick her up, so currently sunset, chips, chillin'

    #nice

    No battered sausage? If you're going to sneak a portion of chips, you may as well have a battered sausage. Or a chicken and mushroom pukka pie.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 4,118
    hopkinb said:

    MattFalle said:

    Bambina is climbing a cliff so popped into the local chippy for a sneaky portion of chips on my way to pick her up, so currently sunset, chips, chillin'

    #nice

    No battered sausage? If you're going to sneak a portion of chips, you may as well have a battered sausage. Or a chicken and mushroom pukka pie.
    ooooh you little so and so :)

    that's a deffo for next week then!

    I haven't had any dinner as I am saving mine for her in case she's starving when we get home (she ate at 5:30 before heading out) so a bit o' saveloy (oi oi!) sounds v tempting......
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,607
    edited 6 May
    One prefers Savoy sausage.
    I hear Stevo likes any old sausage.

    One had fish pie. Was going to wind H³ up with a clean pie dish pic but forgot to take it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 5,744
    We had Thai tonight, prawn red curry and rice, with some vegetable pad Thai also.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
    Tall....
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,755
    I had a sampler bucket of korean fried chicken, 4 different flavours. Load of kimchi and pickles. I wouldn't wish to be Mrs H³, or even the dog. Tonight will be turbulent.
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 5,744
    hopkinb said:

    I had a sampler bucket of korean fried chicken, 4 different flavours. Load of kimchi and pickles. I wouldn't wish to be Mrs H³, or even the dog. Tonight will be turbulent.

    KFC?


    I was able to make exactly the same reply to MF in a different thread on a different topic...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
    Tall....
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,162
    hopkinb said:

    I had a sampler bucket of korean fried chicken, 4 different flavours. Load of kimchi and pickles. I wouldn't wish to be Mrs H³, or even the dog. Tonight will be turbulent.

    A tailwind is always a relief
Sign In or Register to comment.