thursday from our own correspondent

'ning

hungover ride, hungover coffee, hungover wfh, hungover cafe stroll

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No hangover, but then again no booze last night either. Watched a film sober whilst looking at camper vans - well they have shot up in price

Work stuff, final packing ready for a wet and windy weekend in the lakes from tomorrow afternoon
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Off to get my annual MOT this morning, been a very sober week so far, there is only so much iced fizzy water with or without lime one can have before getting v v bored. Def be having a glass of alcomiholic summat this evening.

Otherwise boring day of admin, hassling incompetent utility companies and avoiding the deluge. Springtime? Huh.

Have I missed the pic of Cargobike's Tesla?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

Off to get my annual MOT this morning, been a very sober week so far, there is only so much iced fizzy water with or without lime one can have before getting v v bored. Def be having a glass of alcomiholic summat this evening.

Otherwise boring day of admin, hassling incompetent utility companies and avoiding the deluge. Springtime? Huh.

Have I missed the pic of Cargobike's Tesla?

That reminds me, people’s energy have ignored my last three emails. Average wait for online chat, 50mins! God knows what it’s like to call them. My gas meter is still not working, as in the numbers aren’t moving at all. Great yes? No they just estimate your bills 😒😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    Blxxdy scammers. Pixx off. Had a deluge (of the non weather type) of scam calls past 24 hours. All using the same first 5 digits of my mobile #. Answered the first, some Bangalore based numpt claiming to be from a UK retailer offering deal on iPhone 12, aye right GTF click. And just answered another, the recorded std 'official' voice claiming to be from some fictitious national crime agency, can't even swear at that one. Blxxdy annoying. I blame Cargobike. 😉
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    orraloon said:

Blxxdy scammers. Pixx off. Had a deluge (of the non weather type) of scam calls past 24 hours. All using the same first 5 digits of my mobile #. Answered the first, some Bangalore based numpt claiming to be from a UK retailer offering deal on iPhone 12, aye right GTF click. And just answered another, the recorded std 'official' voice claiming to be from some fictitious national crime agency, can't even swear at that one. Blxxdy annoying. I blame Cargobike. 😉

That sounds more like vtech

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited May 2021
    Got 2 lots of estate agents round to value the house and in between going to view another house which looks quite promising. We'll see. Stressbag is doing some last minute tidying so I'm staying out of her way for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Got up at 5.45 in readiness for a pre work ride to find 2" of flipping snow everywhere.
    Back to bed...
    Now in work wondering whether or not to engage in a steelwork project at my old school.
    No bubbly for me tonight but a G&T might be in order.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Brrr. There's snow on Arran - saw it yesterday on way back from school. Now the wind has picked up.
    Have to create space in the conservatory for certain plants.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

'ning

Did the bubbly lunch go on a bit?

Wfw for me today, though not on the bike as I forgot to book a shower slot. D'oh. Took the train in anyway as I have a meeting later. An actual face to face meeting! Maybe there will be biscuits. Are biscuits known plague vectors?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

'ning

six hours, four bottles of ruinart, hic

also had a bit of food early on, staff lovely as usual
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

sungod said:

'ning

six hours, four bottles of ruinart, hic

also had a bit of food early on, staff lovely as usual
    Sounds like a Spaffer style strategic planning meeting.

MOT-ed, kidneys good, BP ok despite the rampant white coat syndrome, bloods tbd. Weight higher than I thought, never weigh myself, go by belt notches, must be effects of locked down winter.

Voted. #toryscumout

Now for the tedious admin...
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Got excited as we thought we may be going to have a scrap with the French but CB sorted that one for us so we stood down and went for steak baguettes instead.

Apart from that, swore at computer a few times, feeling tired so will keep head down.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    They have a white flag on standby do they not?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

• MattFalle
    edited May 2021
    We were planning on getting well tooled up as well. Comedy levels of getting tooled up. Would have been mega funny.

Oh well, perhaps next time.
  • orraloon
    What I found amusing was that the local Jersey fishermen were siding with the French. Nobody seems to like Spaffer, not even the inhabitants of tax dodger land.
  • MattFalle
    They are all fishing the same waters, know each other and understand each.

Its a blimmin' dangerous , unforgiving and hard job done by generations of the same families so they will stick up for each other and no one can blame them tbh.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

What I found amusing was that the local Jersey fishermen were siding with the French. Nobody seems to like Spaffer, not even the inhabitants of tax dodger land.

I think the issues the French have regarding conservation probably apply to local fishing boats too.
    It sounded like it was the Jersey government who made up the rules not BJ, so Jersey should just invade France to sort it all out properly. They don't need our help :smile:
  • thistle_
    'Ning btw
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Wfw with a reasonable wobble there and back. Usual nonsense to deal with plus a bit of added stupid. In a most uncharacteristic move I tried to be the bigger man and not highlight the stupidity when replying. At least I tried for the first response, off they really can't help themselves surely I should oblige them.
    Voted on the way in, Binface for mayor.
  • MattFalle
    Bambina is climbing a cliff so popped into the local chippy for a sneaky portion of chips on my way to pick her up, so currently sunset, chips, chillin'

#nice
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Evening folks,
    Wfw with a reasonable wobble there and back. Usual nonsense to deal with plus a bit of added stupid. In a most uncharacteristic move I tried to be the bigger man and not highlight the stupidity when replying. At least I tried for the first response, off they really can't help themselves surely I should oblige them.
    Voted on the way in, Binface for mayor.

That’s Count Binface to you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Bambina is climbing a cliff so popped into the local chippy for a sneaky portion of chips on my way to pick her up, so currently sunset, chips, chillin'

#nice

No battered sausage? If you're going to sneak a portion of chips, you may as well have a battered sausage. Or a chicken and mushroom pukka pie.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

#nice

No battered sausage? If you're going to sneak a portion of chips, you may as well have a battered sausage. Or a chicken and mushroom pukka pie.
    ooooh you little so and so :)

that's a deffo for next week then!

I haven't had any dinner as I am saving mine for her in case she's starving when we get home (she ate at 5:30 before heading out) so a bit o' saveloy (oi oi!) sounds v tempting......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited May 2021
    One prefers Savoy sausage.
    I hear Stevo likes any old sausage.

One had fish pie. Was going to wind H³ up with a clean pie dish pic but forgot to take it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We had Thai tonight, prawn red curry and rice, with some vegetable pad Thai also.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    I had a sampler bucket of korean fried chicken, 4 different flavours. Load of kimchi and pickles. I wouldn't wish to be Mrs H³, or even the dog. Tonight will be turbulent.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

I had a sampler bucket of korean fried chicken, 4 different flavours. Load of kimchi and pickles. I wouldn't wish to be Mrs H³, or even the dog. Tonight will be turbulent.

KFC?

I was able to make exactly the same reply to MF in a different thread on a different topic...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

A tailwind is always a relief
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

#nice

Proper chippies don't sell battered sausage or saveloys. That's a southern chippie speciality.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]