Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday but i can hear them gunships say, there'll be no chieu hois today

'ning

ride, cafe, wfh, march guilty into the woods, dig dig dig, bang bang bang, issue resolved, cafe, relax, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«13

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,147
    Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • nibnob21nibnob21 Posts: 200
    oxoman said:

    Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)


    Maybe not that kind of bang ;)
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,197
    Morning, Cold again , tigger walked , birds fed, I’m drinking coffee, garden centre and cycling later
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21nibnob21 Posts: 200

    Morning, Cold again , tigger walked , birds fed, I’m drinking coffee, garden centre and cycling later
    Have a good day


    Talk about embracing gardening leave. Couldn't have written more of a cliché if you'd tried!

    Not a criticism by the way, more jealousy.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,458
    oxoman said:

    Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)

    gasp!

    these are gmc guilty, mrs s and the cats are safe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    ciao

    bright but cold. nothing planned but childcare. great.

  • johngtijohngti Posts: 1,408
    Bore da pawb

    Every day is the same. More marking, more uploading to the IB website, drive to Tesco to do the collect part of click and collect. Big lunch then company during the afternoon. Unlikely to get on the bike today.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,008
    'ning
    Sunny
    WFH
    Bike/hike later or maybe a trip to Bici e Libri
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,392
    sungod said:

    oxoman said:

    Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)

    gasp!

    these are gmc guilty, mrs s and the cats are safe
    Just don’t get lost on the way out



    It always amazes me how quickly they can dig a hole for a dead body on tv. Have you ever tried digging a 6ft x 6ft hole in the woods!? It’s frigging hard and takes a long bloody time!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,278
    Chilled final day, friends were meant to be coming over but have just cancelled. Not entirely upset by this
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 5,246
    In meetings solidly from 11.00 to 15.30.

    One of which is a session with a mentor.

    Latest in the BT debacle.

    The story so far:
    ordered fibre on 12th Jan. Technician failed to turn up to install twice. Finally installed on Wednesday, but there was no signal at the pole, so no signal at home.

    Technician reported the fault and told me to ring BT as well.
    I rang them and they had no idea. Said give them to the end of the day and they'll give me an update. Nothing back from them.

    Rang them again yesterday and they said they'll respond within 24 hrs. Got a text last night to say the faults team will look at it by the 24th and they'll get back to me then. It also basically says not to bother contacting BT in the meantime as the customer service people won't know what's going on and left no details to contact the fault team directly.

    So they expect me to wait another week just to hear what is happening, not that it will be fixed within that week.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
    Tall....
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    The lads at Bici e Libri have got mega wi-fi if you're heading that way.
  • tetley10tetley10 Posts: 527
    And it's free, with no password required.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,540
    I'll be at my table for 13:00.

    Antipasti - bread, olive oil, olives, some of that fennel salami, lardo di colonnata, prosciutto crudo, some burrata if it's fresh.

    Primo - cacio e pepe - just a little

    Secondo/contorni - bistecca all fiorentina (grilled over vine cuttings), spring greens with chilli, garlic and lemon zest.

    Dolce - vin santo & cantucci

    Espresso

    Vino - a litre of your house rosso per favore. Acqua frizzante.

    If you can lay on some educated female company to discuss food, travel and the finer points of Italian renaissance portraiture, I'd be very grateful.

    Grazie mille.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,540
    Oh, aperitivo - Negroni sbagliato - it is lunchtime after all.

    Arrivederci.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

    Parking spot reserved.

    Female company being ordered and vetted.

    See you at 1.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    edited 16 April
    tetley10 said:

    And it's free, with no password required.

    We changed that policy due to Dynamo, Soap people and associated non tranquilli jumping on it.

    You now have to ask Lucy the new member of staff but for password but its still free.

    The non tranquilli were, literally, polluting the airwaves.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,087
    MattFalle said:

    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

    Under 3 what?

    V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

    Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

    Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,126
    seanoconn said:


    It always amazes me how quickly they can dig a hole for a dead body on tv. Have you ever tried digging a 6ft x 6ft hole in the woods!? It’s frigging hard and takes a long bloody time!

    The moment it was suggested, I thought 'Soprano's'. Must be even harder digging in cold ground.

    Did you remember to do the click part Gti?

    Never too early for a Negroni sbagliato.

    TBH, I had to look it up. You're wasted in accountancy Hoppy.

    Lovely day, no wind, sun, warming a little. But will be doing general maintenance stuff and tinkering.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    orraloon said:

    MattFalle said:

    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

    Under 3 what?

    V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

    Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

    Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
    tree.

    i've been checking H3's vino rosso is all good so eye/finger co-ord went a bit.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,126
    MattFalle said:

    orraloon said:

    MattFalle said:

    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

    Under 3 what?

    V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

    Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

    Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
    tree.
    Filling the hole that was dug by Sungod.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 3,386
    "Is that a new tree?"

    "oh no. no no no. been here forever. years and years. new? no, no, no, no"

    "looks new"

    "looks like you want to meet my friend, Mr Table Tennis bat"
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 1,408
    @pinno the click part is Mrs GTi's responsibility, I'm just the dogsbody. Done anyway, now I've just renamed a bunch of files in preparation for final comments being added and then they can be uploaded. That'll leave me with five pieces of work that were late submissions so need marking and uploading. Done by lunchtime I hope!! Cuppa now though.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,910 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, or at last it should be but there's a lot of cba in the air. The sooner I get to Bici e Libri the better. Looks nice out but rather fresh I suspect.
    orraloon said:


    V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

    I forgot to mention, I was drinking Siren Lumina in the pub garden on Wednesday 'loon, very nice too.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,458
    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    orraloon said:

    MattFalle said:

    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

    Under 3 what?

    V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

    Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

    Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
    tree.
    Filling the hole that was dug by Sungod.

    the guilty dig, i watch, their incentive to dig fast is the first one to finish their hole lives

    of course that's a fib, three can fit in one hole

    just had pan tumaca sitting in the sun amidst the leafy plants of the cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 45,047
    Tired. Went to bed late as one of the hounds decided it needed a late night [email protected] in the garden. Then got woken up by a car alarm at 6. Coffee is compensating, but on the upside it looks like we made our profit targets this year just ended after some numerical torture :)

    Roll on the weekend.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,772
    Daughter brought her new puppy home last night, 8wk old miniature dachshund.
    Poor thing was a bit nervous but should be OK after a while.

    Much to do today followed by DIY this afternoon and some rigorous exercise this weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,772
    Quick fire question... I need/want a new helmet and am looking at a)Kask Mojito or b) Oakley AR05 2.0.

    Given it will be most likely off the net which is nicer and which will look better with a sparkly new pair of Oakley glasses.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,910 Lives Here
    I've got a Mojito and I really like it, I've read that some glasses can be awkward with the ears and the way the cradle comes down. Not something I've suffered with having used a few different sunnies, including a pair of Oakley's. You'd think an Oakley would fit with Oakley's but I have no experience of the lid.
Sign In or Register to comment.