friday but i can hear them gunships say, there'll be no chieu hois today

'ning

ride, cafe, wfh, march guilty into the woods, dig dig dig, bang bang bang, issue resolved, cafe, relax, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    oxoman said:

Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)

Maybe not that kind of bang ;)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Cold again , tigger walked , birds fed, I’m drinking coffee, garden centre and cycling later
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207

Morning, Cold again , tigger walked , birds fed, I’m drinking coffee, garden centre and cycling later
    Have a good day

Talk about embracing gardening leave. Couldn't have written more of a cliché if you'd tried!

Not a criticism by the way, more jealousy.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    oxoman said:

Morning All. WFW as usual, sore from last night's ride out. Tad cool out, maybe even a scraper needed. SG, can't you just divorce the OH rather than resort to bang bang in the woods. Less chance of getting caught or making a mess. ;)

gasp!

these are gmc guilty, mrs s and the cats are safe
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

bright but cold. nothing planned but childcare. great.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da pawb

Every day is the same. More marking, more uploading to the IB website, drive to Tesco to do the collect part of click and collect. Big lunch then company during the afternoon. Unlikely to get on the bike today.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Sunny
    WFH
    Bike/hike later or maybe a trip to Bici e Libri
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

gasp!

these are gmc guilty, mrs s and the cats are safe
    Just don’t get lost on the way out

It always amazes me how quickly they can dig a hole for a dead body on tv. Have you ever tried digging a 6ft x 6ft hole in the woods!? It’s frigging hard and takes a long bloody time!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled final day, friends were meant to be coming over but have just cancelled. Not entirely upset by this
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    In meetings solidly from 11.00 to 15.30.

One of which is a session with a mentor.

Latest in the BT debacle.

The story so far:
    ordered fibre on 12th Jan. Technician failed to turn up to install twice. Finally installed on Wednesday, but there was no signal at the pole, so no signal at home.

Technician reported the fault and told me to ring BT as well.
    I rang them and they had no idea. Said give them to the end of the day and they'll give me an update. Nothing back from them.

Rang them again yesterday and they said they'll respond within 24 hrs. Got a text last night to say the faults team will look at it by the 24th and they'll get back to me then. It also basically says not to bother contacting BT in the meantime as the customer service people won't know what's going on and left no details to contact the fault team directly.

So they expect me to wait another week just to hear what is happening, not that it will be fixed within that week.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    The lads at Bici e Libri have got mega wi-fi if you're heading that way.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    And it's free, with no password required.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'll be at my table for 13:00.

Antipasti - bread, olive oil, olives, some of that fennel salami, lardo di colonnata, prosciutto crudo, some burrata if it's fresh.

Primo - cacio e pepe - just a little

Secondo/contorni - bistecca all fiorentina (grilled over vine cuttings), spring greens with chilli, garlic and lemon zest.

Dolce - vin santo & cantucci

Espresso

Vino - a litre of your house rosso per favore. Acqua frizzante.

If you can lay on some educated female company to discuss food, travel and the finer points of Italian renaissance portraiture, I'd be very grateful.

Grazie mille.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oh, aperitivo - Negroni sbagliato - it is lunchtime after all.

Arrivederci.
  • MattFalle
    Normal table under three being laid as we speak.

Parking spot reserved.

Female company being ordered and vetted.

See you at 1.
  • MattFalle
    edited April 2021
    tetley10 said:

And it's free, with no password required.

We changed that policy due to Dynamo, Soap people and associated non tranquilli jumping on it.

You now have to ask Lucy the new member of staff but for password but its still free.

The non tranquilli were, literally, polluting the airwaves.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    MattFalle said:

Under 3 what?

V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

It always amazes me how quickly they can dig a hole for a dead body on tv. Have you ever tried digging a 6ft x 6ft hole in the woods!? It’s frigging hard and takes a long bloody time!

The moment it was suggested, I thought 'Soprano's'. Must be even harder digging in cold ground.

Did you remember to do the click part Gti?

Never too early for a Negroni sbagliato.

TBH, I had to look it up. You're wasted in accountancy Hoppy.

Lovely day, no wind, sun, warming a little. But will be doing general maintenance stuff and tinkering.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

Under 3 what?

V slow start today. Yesterday's sitting in the pub garden in the cold drinking pints of cask ale at lunchtime.... body ain't used to that sort of thing anymore. Strange days.

Pottering day, got fettling of bike(s) and garden to do, the growing season is well underway.

Planning quite a long ride out tomorrow, away from all the media, coz of y'know.
    tree.

i've been checking H3's vino rosso is all good so eye/finger co-ord went a bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

Under 3 what?

tree.
    Filling the hole that was dug by Sungod.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    "Is that a new tree?"

"oh no. no no no. been here forever. years and years. new? no, no, no, no"

"looks new"

"looks like you want to meet my friend, Mr Table Tennis bat"
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    @pinno the click part is Mrs GTi's responsibility, I'm just the dogsbody. Done anyway, now I've just renamed a bunch of files in preparation for final comments being added and then they can be uploaded. That'll leave me with five pieces of work that were late submissions so need marking and uploading. Done by lunchtime I hope!! Cuppa now though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, or at last it should be but there's a lot of cba in the air. The sooner I get to Bici e Libri the better. Looks nice out but rather fresh I suspect.
    orraloon said:

I forgot to mention, I was drinking Siren Lumina in the pub garden on Wednesday 'loon, very nice too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

Under 3 what?

tree.
    Filling the hole that was dug by Sungod.

the guilty dig, i watch, their incentive to dig fast is the first one to finish their hole lives

of course that's a fib, three can fit in one hole

just had pan tumaca sitting in the sun amidst the leafy plants of the cafe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Tired. Went to bed late as one of the hounds decided it needed a late night cr@p in the garden. Then got woken up by a car alarm at 6. Coffee is compensating, but on the upside it looks like we made our profit targets this year just ended after some numerical torture :)

Roll on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Daughter brought her new puppy home last night, 8wk old miniature dachshund.
    Poor thing was a bit nervous but should be OK after a while.

Much to do today followed by DIY this afternoon and some rigorous exercise this weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Quick fire question... I need/want a new helmet and am looking at a)Kask Mojito or b) Oakley AR05 2.0.

Given it will be most likely off the net which is nicer and which will look better with a sparkly new pair of Oakley glasses.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I've got a Mojito and I really like it, I've read that some glasses can be awkward with the ears and the way the cradle comes down. Not something I've suffered with having used a few different sunnies, including a pair of Oakley's. You'd think an Oakley would fit with Oakley's but I have no experience of the lid.
  • MattFalle
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    MattFalle said:
    😊 £250 + p and p for a stuffed teddy! Quick, get some knocked up in a Chinese sweatshop and keep Chris Grayling away from steering the container ship.