friday but i can hear them gunships say, there'll be no chieu hois today

13»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    MattFalle said:

Oh - the Prince is finished and, tbh, the thing that lets it down is the Ultegra.

I honestly can't understand what people see in it.

A Pinarello Prince? You’ve built it with Shimano Ultegra?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

Oh - the Prince is finished and, tbh, the thing that lets it down is the Ultegra.

It's... Lasagne with chips.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

unfortunately yes but just for the time being. I have Record shifters, front mech and brakes, just got to get off my 'arris and sort a rear mech and get the shifters serviced.

Tbh, its bleedin' lovely and the Ultegra is just soooo shittt. What do people see in it? Honestly.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

It's... Lasagne with chips.
    its lasagne with crappy cheap plasticy ugly microwave chips to be exact.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Best saddle I’ve used. Got them on two bikes.

Ha, well done Ben, don’t give that cheeky fecker Pinno nothing! He’s always on the bloody want.

On the way to collect my son from his nan’s earlier and almost ran into a monster truck inconsiderately parked in the middle of the road. I knocked on the door of the obvious suspect but hop must have been in the garden.
    @seanoconn

Yeah, I was putting out the garden furniture. Got the cushions out of the loft. Your son's grandad* and all his mates are making a racket on the bowling green. Not playing, just drinking and talking too loud about 3 metres from my back gate. Might start setting fire to, and then lobbing dog turds over the back fence.

*May not actually be present.
  • MattFalle
    Throw some pick axe handles with rusty self tappers screwed through them at them

#handyandusefultipsfromMF
  • Ben6899
    @MattFalle which edition of the Prince is it?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Ha, well done Ben, don’t give that cheeky fecker Pinno nothing! He’s always on the bloody want.

On the way to collect my son from his nan’s earlier and almost ran into a monster truck inconsiderately parked in the middle of the road. I knocked on the door of the obvious suspect but hop must have been in the garden.
    @seanoconn

Yeah, I was putting out the garden furniture. Got the cushions out of the loft. Your son's grandad* and all his mates are making a racket on the bowling green. Not playing, just drinking and talking too loud about 3 metres from my back gate. Might start setting fire to, and then lobbing dog turds over the back fence.

Don’t be too hard on the old bowlers hop. The number of bowls clubs has halved in Surrey over the past 20 years. Probably better for you and your property price to be overlooking a bowling green than whatever development they could squeeze in to that space should the bowls club go under.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

@MattFalle which edition of the Prince is it?

this one.

rubbish photo, will grab better one in a bit.

• MattFalle
    Right

I have 10 speed Record shifters down at Bici e Libri.

Can I use any 10 speed Record mech with them or is there weird Campag pull ratio things going on?

I have a Record front mech and brakes as well, so would need the rear mech and cassette as I presume you can't use an 11 speed cassette with 10 speed shifters due to gaps (even with lit screws set accordingly)

Need to get rid of that Shytegra.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

@seanoconn

Don’t be too hard on the old bowlers hop. The number of bowls clubs has halved in Surrey over the past 20 years. Probably better for you and your property price to be overlooking a bowling green than whatever development they could squeeze in to that space should the bowls club go under.
    agree. they are relatively harmless, whereas it could be much worse....
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I agree with you completely @seanoconn and it's a beautifully kept green, and well attended club. They were here before me, and hopefully they'll be here after I've gone. The only actual problem I have with them is their continued attempts to get a 2 a.m. weekend licence.
  • MattFalle
    go round and ask to speak to the guy who is the signatory on the application form.

punch him in all his genitals.

carry on doing this until they stop filing applications.

#problemsolved
  • Ben6899
    MattFalle said:

Right

I have 10 speed Record shifters down at Bici e Libri.

Can I use any 10 speed Record mech with them or is there weird Campag pull ratio things going on?

I have a Record front mech and brakes as well, so would need the rear mech and cassette as I presume you can't use an 11 speed cassette with 10 speed shifters due to gaps (even with lit screws set accordingly)

Need to get rid of that Shytegra.

I think you can use any 10sp rear mech. You’ll need a Campagnolo 10sp cassette.

Lovely looking bike, btw. I’ll be calling the actual police, if the Ultegra stays on there for too long.
    Ben

• MattFalle
    Coolio - grazie. For £350 its not to shabby.

Am looking around for mechs now - am currently at £110 brand new so it seems good to go that way.

Shifters serviced - probably another £70?

Cassette - again, silly money, but Miche in meantime from Wiggle or somewhere will do the job. £35?

Then Campy cables - another £30 or so.

May be a long termer but agree, the Ultegra can't stay on there. Its just so shiiiitttt
  • Ben6899
    edited April 2021
    MattFalle said:

Am looking around for mechs now - am currently at £110 brand new so it seems good to go that way.

Cassette - again, silly money, but Miche in meantime from Wiggle or somewhere will do the job. £35?

May be a long termer but agree, the Ultegra can't stay on there. Its just so shiiiitttt

Or an Ambrosio cassette from JE James.

Rohan Dubash (Doctor D) will refurbish your shifters - probably at reasonable cost too.
    Ben

• MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

good call - grazie
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    hopkinb said:

I agree with you completely @seanoconn and it's a beautifully kept green, and well attended club. They were here before me, and hopefully they'll be here after I've gone. The only actual problem I have with them is their continued attempts to get a 2 a.m. weekend licence.

Understandable hop, there’s no need for a 2am license, it’s not a bloody nightclub. Plenty of functions available to bump up their funds that don’t need a silly o’clock license.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    MattFalle said:

Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

good call - grazie
    For shimano hubs, campag spacing.
    I have one, no - two. They're not brilliant but they work. I actually prefer my record 10 speed ultra shift to the 11 speed record. Or at least, I prefer the feeling of the gear change. They both work well just 10 feels more... direct.
    I guess with the launch of 12 cassettes, it further devalues the most excellent 10.
    I will eventually have to give it up or spend my life looking for compatible wheels. That's the issue, not the longevity.

Just installed a Molten speed waxed chain on the Colnago. Finally the right length of chain and slick changes.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Football footballed, now drinking ice cold hobgoblin and cooking some nice pasta with spicy prawns and bacon.
  • tetley10
    MF, that Prince would look right at home at Bici e Libri.
  • MattFalle
    edited April 2021
    tetley10 said:

MF, that Prince would look right at home at Bici e Libri.

grazie

Am thinking so myself.

Am also thinnking that with Record 10 and Tufo Lites I'll be saving nigh on 1/2kg........
  • MattFalle
    tetley10 said:

Football footballed, now drinking ice cold hobgoblin and cooking some nice pasta with spicy prawns and bacon.

utterly wonderful footy result wasn't it?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

tetley10 said:

utterly wonderful footy result wasn't it?
    Newcastle 3 - 2 West Ham? Yeah!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    West Ham lose, we smash Citeh.

Winner winner.
  • tetley10
    no football watching was done but a 4-0 win was recorded.