wednesday is not what it says, but what it means

1235»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Bit of a rubbish day at work, beautiful assistant was also rather fed up. Having looked at this thread at lunchtime I told her I was going to jack it in and fix bikes for a living. Before I'd finished the sentence telling her she could come and do my admin and generally hang around looking lush she went off on one saying I couldn't go and leave her there.
    So, I'm in as tester/crasher but we have to employ my beautiful assistant. I'm sure she'd wear a lab coat if we ask her nicely.

“You can’t go and leave her there.”

As an expert in such matters she definitely into you. What’s her relationship status? Anyway you now have 3 options.

1:) Keep up the charm, subtle compliments and gentlemanly conduct, enjoy the banter, flirtation and see how far you can push it without getting yourself in deep ship.

2:) keep up the charm, subtle compliments and gentlemanly conduct, enjoy the banter, flirtation and push it until you get yourself in deep ship.

3:) back the f@ck off before you get yourself in deep ship.
    go for (3) after you have got the necessary pic/s.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    johngti said:

seanoconn said:

Bit of a rubbish day at work, beautiful assistant was also rather fed up. Having looked at this thread at lunchtime I told her I was going to jack it in and fix bikes for a living. Before I'd finished the sentence telling her she could come and do my admin and generally hang around looking lush she went off on one saying I couldn't go and leave her there.
    So, I'm in as tester/crasher but we have to employ my beautiful assistant. I'm sure she'd wear a lab coat if we ask her nicely.

As an expert in such matters she definitely into you. What’s her relationship status? Anyway you now have 3 options.

1:) Keep up the charm, subtle compliments and gentlemanly conduct, enjoy the banter, flirtation and see how far you can push it without getting yourself in deep ship.

2:) keep up the charm, subtle compliments and gentlemanly conduct, enjoy the banter, flirtation and push it until you get yourself in deep ship.

Words of wisdom #notjealousatall
    I’m sure you’ve been there John 😉 surrounded by temptation.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    I think in J-G's world there is a difference between "temptation/eye candy" and "you're going to prison you nonce".
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

I think in J-G's world there is a difference between "temptation/eye candy" and "you're going to prison you nonce".

I meant the high percentage of young female teachers 😂
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

what a mistake-a da make-a......

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

Words of wisdom #notjealousatall
    I’m sure you’ve been there John 😉 surrounded by temptation.
    I wouldn’t recognise someone flirting with me if there were neon signs flashing all around me saying “she’s flirting with you”. Or believe it anyway.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

🤣🤣
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Right, none of you a-holes gave me a role, so I'm setting up my own rival cafe.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

You were going to bring the glamour
  • elbowloh
    johngti said:

elbowloh said:

You were going to bring the glamour
    I'm not bringing the wife
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

its ok - with still need a K.P.

the job is yours
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    seanoconn said:

4:) seen as more of a father figure. Luckily can have a good laugh with her, but she's an Elizabethan of half my age so I'm under no illusions
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

4:) seen as more of a father figure. Luckily can have a good laugh with her, but she's an Elizabethan of half my age so I'm under no illusions
    Booo, spoilsport. 👎
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Anyone mind if I was head of drivetrain cleaning? Find it weirdly satisfying and I could spend the day making myself go slowly mad off the fumes from my caldron of DIY chain wax.
  • MattFalle
    nibnob21 said:

Anyone mind if I was head of drivetrain cleaning? Find it weirdly satisfying and I could spend the day making myself go slowly mad off the fumes from my caldron of DIY chain wax.

that is probably the most Welsh sentence I have ever heard.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    I've had a wee word with Mike Ashley about new competition entering the market. Got a bit confused though when he went on about fireplaces.
  • nibnob21
    MattFalle said:

nibnob21 said:

that is probably the most Welsh sentence I have ever heard.

That's weird, nothing Welsh about me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    orraloon said:

I've had a wee word with Mike Ashley about new competition entering the market. Got a bit confused though when he went on about fireplaces.

We're talking about the Cafe from heaven and you're talking about that fat rich bloke.

You can clean drivetrains all day Nibnob - i'll give you a big barrel full of petrol, chuck it all in and shake it about a bit.

I will supply table tennis bats for MF. I can give him pimple bats that will give a bit of rub but I can also supply Sticky looping Stiga rubbers so you can put them out on their arris with topspin or Moon rubbers for chopping.

Elbow - Given your extensive experience and qualifications, I have pencilled in a job for you: 'Ceramic Engineer'*.

*Aka toilet cleaner (chief).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

We know what you meant Seano ;)

https://youtu.be/KNIZofPB8ZM
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

We know what you meant Seano ;)

https://youtu.be/KNIZofPB8ZM
    Just as well Gordon Sumner wasn’t a teacher 🤔
  • nibnob21
    pinno said:

i'll give you a big barrel full of petrol, chuck it all in and shake it about a bit.

And what shall I do with the drivetrains?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    So long as we don't let Thistle fettle rear mechs we're onto a winner
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    nibnob21 said:

pinno said:

i'll give you a big barrel full of petrol, chuck it all in and shake it about a bit.

And what shall I do with the drivetrains?
    Give them to Jongti and Ben.

• elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

its ok - with still need a K.P.

the job is yours
    King pin?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    edited April 2021
    kitchen porter. unsung glamour, allegedly.

perk of the job is being able to sit on upmarket veg crates out the back having a ciggie and a coffee.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154

So long as we don't let Thistle fettle rear mechs we're onto a winner

I'll be the no. 1 customer
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

kitchen porter. unsung glamour, allegedly.

perk of the job is being able to sit on upmarket veg crates out the back having a ciggie and a coffee.

No thanks, i was a kitchen porter for 2 weeks whilst I was temping in my holidays as a student.

It was hard work

It was boiling hot and humid

It was shoite.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    We've all got to start somewhere in the heady world of Bici e Libri. We can't all swan around the place table tennis bat in one hand, coffee in the other.