8 units minimum, tipsy, anything goes thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Well, why not.
    We're mostly in the 'having fun is optional' bracket.

What we need to do is summon the boys for a cyber party. I'll try and rattle some cages and i'm taking bets as to which monkey wanders in first.

Bally 6-1
    Seano: 20-1
    Stevo 5-4 odds on (he's the boring square pants, not much to do)
    TLW : 5-2
    Orraloon: 5-1
    Step: 66-1
    Ben: 25-1
    Cleateastwood: 1000-1
    Aggieboy: 500-1

Here goes...
    @ballysmate
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @tlw1
    @orraloon
    @step83
    @Ben6899
    @Cleat Eastwood
    @Aggieboy

Did the bookies lose money last night?
    Yeah, did you fall asleep?
    Nah, was just chilling out and watching a film.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Did somebody mention a party? Do I need to bring a virtual bottle.
    Have been following the tradition of getting through all the undrunk Xmas booze. I have drunk all the nice stuff, starting with my presents and now working my way through the rest. Southern Comfort now. Things like Baileys will continually keep getting pushed to the back. Eventually they will get their turn. Never buy Advocaat, ever. Have to draw the line somewhere.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I shouldn't be on here, don't think I've had 8 units for at least a year now.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    edited January 2021

Should I be pleased I wasn't invited? Does it mean Piรฑa thinks I have a life even in lockdown. I'll take it as a yes even though we all know it's not true ๐Ÿ˜‚

I had presumed that a man in your fragile condition wouldn't benefit from getting drunk and falling about the place.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    pinno said:

Should I be pleased I wasn't invited? Does it mean Piรฑa thinks I have a life even in lockdown. I'll take it as a yes even though we all know it's not true ๐Ÿ˜‚

I had presumes that a man in your fragile condition wouldn't benefit from getting drunk and falling about the place.
    ๐Ÿ™„. Any fule no that you canโ€™t hurt yourself falling over while drunk. Also, youโ€™re not really drunk anyway if you can still lie on the floor without hanging on.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

pinno said:

I had presumes that a man in your fragile condition wouldn't benefit from getting drunk and falling about the place.
    ๐Ÿ™„. Any fule no that you canโ€™t hurt yourself falling over while drunk. Also, youโ€™re not really drunk anyway if you can still lie on the floor without hanging on.

I remember those occasions whilst clinging on to the floor whilst everything spun around.
    I think when the hangovers really kicked in as I got older, I have never really got banjaxed since.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,535
    brings back memories of russian outings, iced vodka, black bread, fish, sausage and pickles, and toasts, many toasts, used to be ok until around a bottle and a quarter, then get to the pick up before oblivion

never a headache if it was clean vodka

long long time ago, sigh, do wonder if it contributed to my skew-whiff blood tests
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh said:

I shouldn't be on here, don't think I've had 8 units for at least a year now.

I've never had a unit in my life, I can remember some time ago now going to the pub and asking for a unit of ale (not knowing what one looked like) only to be told "we don't do units, we only do pints or halfs" so I was stuck with pints. Them litre's never caught on over here either so pints it's remained :)

^ That sounds divine SG
  • pinno
    sungod said:

brings back memories of russian outings, iced vodka, black bread, fish, sausage and pickles, and toasts, many toasts, used to be ok until around a bottle and a quarter, then get to the pick up before oblivion

long long time ago, sigh, do wonder if it contributed to my skew-whiff blood tests

I developed my liking for Vodka in Sweden, just because of that - and never mix.

"Vodka has an admirable singularity of purpose"

Hopkins B, 2018.

Plus, my then Scandinavian gf could drink me under the table. And she did.
    Once on a 1.5L bottle of Laphroaig she brought back having bought it duty free on the ferry.
    After that, I cannot stand even the smell of Whisky.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

sungod said:

I developed my liking for Vodka in Sweden, just because of that - and never mix.

"Vodka has an admirable singularity of purpose"

Hopkins B, 2018.

Plus, my then Scandinavian gf could drink me under the table. And she did.
    Once on a 1.5L bottle of Laphroaig she brought back having bought it duty free on the ferry.
    After that, I cannot stand even the smell of Whisky.
    That's how I feel about vodka.

The incident involved a bottle of vodka, an event where you weren't allowed to take drinks in, 30 mins of time before we had to go in and being sick on Emily's shoe when she asked me if I was alright.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    sungod said:

do wonder if it contributed to my skew-whiff blood tests

alcohol definitely skew-whiffs blood results - damages red blood cells as it increases their size.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    I was a little bit of a lightweight in terms of alcohol tolerance when I met my current wife. My first serious experience with Vodka came at a kids party in Poland when I tried to go shot for shot with my father in law. After a bout of sickness an embarrassment wifey had to help me to bed at 3pm to sleep it off โ˜บ๏ธ
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • elbowloh
    I have made a stoopid error with our latest food order after the wife asked me to quickly have a look and add anything j wanted.

I added some brewdog pale ale.
    I failed to spot the letters A and F after the name.

Bugger.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    elbowloh said:

I have made a stoopid error with our latest food order after the wife asked me to quickly have a look and add anything j wanted.

censored .

Pale Ale As F*ck

Like, really pale?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • elbowloh
    Ben6899 said:

elbowloh said:

censored .

Pale Ale As F*ck

Like, really pale?
    I'm afraid it's worse than that.

Alcohol
    Free
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

I'm afraid it's worse than that.

Alcohol
    Free

That's just misery in a bottle/can.

#dickensian

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Those brewdog AF aren't too bad for AF. Works for me - provides that cold punctuation mark between work and home.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

Those brewdog AF aren't too bad for AF. Works for me - provides that cold punctuation mark between work and home.

Just tastes like watered down ale to me. Not the worst thing in the world, but not the first beer after going ages without one (lucky i got the birra moretti also)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    Evening all, what occurring?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613

Trying out my new 1920s style blender's glass with a drop of Bladnoch 10.
  • seanoconn
    mrb123! Just rolls off the tongue, how you doing buddy? A drop? Treat yourself, go on go on go on go on.
  • pinno
    The Bladnoch distillery is a mere 27 miles from me.
    Probably 20 as the crow flies.

The village itself is full of nutters and single storey houses that are extraordinarily narrow and small.

I've fished for Trout in the River Bladnoch.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno!? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Does youโ€™re husband know youโ€™re out tonight?
  • mrb123
    pinno said:

The village itself is full of nutters and single storey houses that are extraordinarily narrow and small.

We visited the distillery in September. Lovely spot and very agreeable tour. Didn't explore the village though.

Going for a Kilkerran 12 next...
  • mrb123

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863

Having a cider break with wine
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Getting closer to the minimum...

'kin A music night, progressing through my past likes, UB40, The Beat, The Selecter, The Specials, Aswad... As a boy from NE Scotland... And Tyler was guilty.

Though it may be a call for a final glass of rather pleasant Malbec and then nightie time...
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Having a cider break with wine

Stowford press, respectable choice ๐Ÿ‘
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    We are listening to some 2 day festival for various causes, worth the donation. Obviously Liam Gallagher is the star so far but some great new bands
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    pinno said:

Pah. Southern pish.

As a child from ages 4-13 I lived in the small Speyside village of Rothes, popn. c. 1100, distilleries = 6. Whisky was a thing. Anyway Speyside malts are the true believers holy of holies.