Giro 2020 - Stage 21: Cernusco sul Naviglio – Milano 15.7 km ITT *spoilers*

Comments

• Roughy how long do they do a 15km TT in?
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

Roughy how long do they do a 15km TT in?

50kmh=18mins
    as a ballpark figure
  • Imagine for a moment you're the mechanic tasked with setting up each rider's bike for today.

Massive dose of obsessive compulsive disorder 😂
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148

Slightly short club 10 isn't it?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    On a shorter course, the early TV coverage should focus on one or two key riders round the entire course rather than jumping forward and back to every starter and finisher.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    mrfpb said:

50kmh=18mins
    as a ballpark figure
    Bloody hell I'm getting old... 😔
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • curium99
    curium99 Posts: 20
    edited October 2020
    RichN95. said:

Start times (Italian time)

Ganna at 14.52, Dennis at 15.17

Do they have Daylight Saving Time in Italy? Clocks have just gone back an hour in the UK and I'm concerned I'm going to miss out by an hour.

We're now on GMT.

EDIT: Just seen similar questions at the end of the thread.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    Who gets this GT's
    Haimar Zubeldia award? Pernsteiner? Masnada?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Outstanding 🥲
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The Maglia Nera leaves the start ramp and we are underway.

How are the nerves, everyone?

• Pross
    First couple of hundred metres a bit technical and dodgy surface. Anyone going out with a bit too much adrenaline could have an issue.
  • In the Maglia Nera competition btw, Jonathan Dibben wears the black jersey with nearly three minutes in hand. Just needs to soft pedal it around the course within a sensible cut off and the jersey is his.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

The Maglia Nera leaves the start ramp and we are underway.

How are the nerves, everyone?

Absolutely shredded. May also have drunk too much coffee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Theres no mention of any cycling on the front page of the BBC sport mobile site
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    We really seem to be in an era of exciting young GT contenders now. I know we've had a few false dawns on that front but 3 of the last 4 GTs will have been won by white jersey riders barring a miracle today then there are quite a few others that are tipped to do big things but haven't quite got there yet.
  • Sagiv takes nearly a minute back on Dibben, but the Brit has taken the Maglia Nera - impossible now for anyone to overtake him without missing the time cut.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    gsk82 said:

Theres no mention of any cycling on the front page of the BBC sport mobile site

Not the Tour - so it doesn't matter.......Same as their cycling podcast; a TdF preview and nothing since.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Pross
    A decent clubbie would be beating these times on a 10 mile TT (better add a :wink: !)
  • Pross
    Brandle took an interesting line on the one roundabout quite early on. A bit risky cutting the cobbled over-run then through the central reserve gap but looked a slightly quicker option. Possibly one for those chasing the stage rather than GC.
  • Pross
    Dowsett quickest by 5" with a strong second half. Demare very good, currently third.
  • Dowsett bangs in the benchmark - 18' 22"
  • Pross
    Scotson could challenge here. 3 minutes to do 2.3k
  • Pross
    He's going to smash this I reckon.
  • Pross
    17:57!
  • Scotson lowers the bar to under 18 minutes. Storming ride.
  • Pross
    I don't see anyone beating that until Ganna.
  • Sub-17:30 for the stage winner is possible, I think.
  • Pross

Who gets this GT's

Masnada got a lot of mentions due to supporting Almeida so Pernsteiner I should think although even he got a shout out occasionally. No-one has quite mastered the full Zubeldia yet.
  • Pross said:

Who gets this GT's

Masnada got a lot of mentions due to supporting Almeida so Pernsteiner I should think although even he got a shout out occasionally. No-one has quite mastered the full Zubeldia yet.
    The odds on favourite Pello Bilbao has put in a shocking performance. Far too visible.
    Maybe it was a team ploy to take the race radar off Pernsteiner. He's only registered a blip on two stages.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.