TDF 2020 - Stage 12: Chauvigny - Sarran Corrèze 218 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    Superb
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Can't knock Rolland's ride either
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    NO I AM SPARTACUS and so is HIRSCHI
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Well done Hirschi! (My PTP, not so much.)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,572
    Triumph for cycling fans globally and all that.
  • Well, my PTP strategy was rubbish but I am glad to see Hirschi winning after the other day.

Favourites 12th stage 2020 Tour de France

*** Greg Van Avermaet, Matej Mohoric, Julian Alaphilippe, Marc Hirschi
    ** Kasper Asgreen, Matteo Trentin, Tiesj Benoot, Rémi Cavagna, Thomas De Gendt
    * Alessandro De Marchi, Søren Kragh Andersen, Oliver Naesen, Jérôme Cousin

;):D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,631
    Sagan gains 2 points on the stage.
  • mididoctors
    Very much as i predicted except someone else won ..

If only i had picked 15 riders
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Sagan gains 2 points on the stage.

Better than the 2 fingers he got yesterday.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Decent stage, that. Bit of intrigue, lots of teams playing different games, tough enough hills to launch attacks late on rather than simply one break going early and setting the tone for the whole day, and an emotionally satisfying winner.
  • Sagan gains 2 points on the stage.

Bora's strategy of starting to close the gap on Bennett worked then. Just need another thirty-odd stages like that and the job's done.
  • mididoctors
    Baby Spartacus
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    I'm overjoyed with that result. Brilliant from Sunweb.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I thought Sagan got points on the stage? Where do they go down to?
  • jimmyjams said:

Those official ratings quoted in OP - what has Cees Bol done to deserve equal star ranking with the other two?? Or was it done before the race...

Since the race hasn't been raced yet, it was done before the race. :D

Allegedly he much prefers an uphill sprint and given Sunweb have been producing by far the best lead out, but not necessarily at the right time.....

It would be nice if somebody posted their alternative list occasionally, if they have any particular thoughts.
    Especially in the stages to follow, which are much more open.

I'm only guessing here.
    I thought I'd give this a go, and yesterday evening came up with 9 names.
    This morning, seeing Blazing had provided 13 names, I upgraded some of my original selections and added 4 names, so I too provide 13 names. We have 5 in common.

*** Greg van Avermaet, Marc Hirschi, Thomas de Gendt, Alexey Lutsenko
    ** Sergio Higuita, Alberto Bettiol, Jasper Stuyven, Søren Kragh Andersen, Julian Alaphilippe
    * Damiano Caruso, David Gaudu, Daniel Martinez, Jesus Herrada

(That part of Correze, from Sarran east, is one of my favourite, simpler, areas of France)
    Hirschi 1st
    Kragh Andersen 3rd
    Herrada 5th
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited September 2020

Well, my PTP strategy was rubbish but I am glad to see Hirschi winning after the other day.

Yeah, and he was listed by the bookies and INRNG lists I copied in as a potential winner too.

I just tried to be clever, wait to see what happened with the break and just got it wrong...

I was going to go with Alaphilippe originally, which still wouldn't have got me anything.
  • TheBigBean
    inseine said:

They go down to 15th. He got 4 points for 13th. He lost two at the intermediate sprint though.
  • mididoctors
    That guy is one classy bike rider
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

inseine said:

They go down to 15th. He got 4 points for 13th. He lost two at the intermediate sprint though.
    Thanks. So he did get 4 in the end. There was nothing he could do about the intermediate, it was bound to go the way of Bennett.
  • TheBigBean

Well, my PTP strategy was rubbish but I am glad to see Hirschi winning after the other day.

Yeah, and he was listed by the bookies and INRNG lists I copied in as a potential winner too.

I just tried to be clever, wait to see what happened with the break and just got it wrong...

I was going to go with Alaphilippe originally, which still wouldn't have got me anything.
    Any bragging rights I may have earned by picking Hirshi today will not excuse my Pinot GC pick.
  • DeadCalm

When I tried that, I switched Pogacar out for Gaudu on the stage Pogacar won. I won't be making that mistake again.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,572
    jimmyjams said:

jimmyjams said:

Those official ratings quoted in OP - what has Cees Bol done to deserve equal star ranking with the other two?? Or was it done before the race...

Allegedly he much prefers an uphill sprint and given Sunweb have been producing by far the best lead out, but not necessarily at the right time.....

It would be nice if somebody posted their alternative list occasionally, if they have any particular thoughts.

I'm only guessing here.
    This morning, seeing Blazing had provided 13 names, I upgraded some of my original selections and added 4 names, so I too provide 13 names. We have 5 in common.

** Sergio Higuita, Alberto Bettiol, Jasper Stuyven, Søren Kragh Andersen, Julian Alaphilippe

(That part of Correze, from Sarran east, is one of my favourite, simpler, areas of France)
    Hirschi 1st
    Kragh Andersen 3rd
    Herrada 5th
    We'll pretend we haven't seen Higuita on the list ;)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Great team effort that. Delighted for Hirschi and Sunweb.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • TheBigBean
    inseine said:

inseine said:

Thanks. So he did get 4 in the end. There was nothing he could do about the intermediate, it was bound to go the way of Bennett.
    Yes, he was a little bit unlucky that the second group was as large as it was. He is a long way behind in the competition though.
  • mididoctors
    Baby Spartacus
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Pross said:

jimmyjams said:

jimmyjams said:

I'm only guessing here.

Hirschi 1st
    Kragh Andersen 3rd
    Herrada 5th
    We'll pretend we haven't seen Higuita on the list ;)
    If you have me 15 picks each day I would be embarrassed not to have the winner in there somewhere... 😗🤭
  • Baby Spartacus

Quadruplets? This will be worse than the Yates twins.

Baby Spartacus
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470

You did list half the peloton though Carlton. 😄
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Bloody 4G let me down all afternoon so I heard just enough to ruin it but not enough to enjoy it...

Good on you Herschi Bar*

Worth catching the highlights or was it one attack then a bit of (now ruined) suspense..?

*eff right off Carlton!!<\small>
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    ddraver said:

Bloody 4G let me down all afternoon so I heard just enough to ruin it but not enough to enjoy it...

Good on you Herschi Bar*

Worth catching the highlights or was it one attack then a bit of (now ruined) suspense..?

*eff right off Carlton!!<\small>

Lots of suspense, mostly because I was so anxious for Hirschi to win but, the way Sunweb played it is definitely worth watching in my view.
    Team My Man 2022: